• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who would you want to convert

D

dundeesmiffy

What players would you like to see / do you think would strive if they changed football codes?

I'd like to see Danny Brough, it's unlikely I think but he's done some fantastic things at Wakefield, I just think he'd be a great addition to the Scottish international side, god knows the Scottish league team will go f***ing nowhere unless they have Scottish players and some money gets put into it.

I'd love to see James Roby have a crack at Union, his linebreaking, sidestep and distribution would make him a brilliant running 13.

Going the other way I reckon Ben Cohen, with his size, pace, handling and unbreakable defensive work would dominate the Superleague.

There's also that Wigan fullback who would make himself a pretty useful union winger, forget his name right now...

Jonathon Thurston would be pretty interesting..from what I have seen of him he looks quality...

Perhaps Dwain Chambers should make a switch? Think he'd bring a lot to the water boy position.

As for the other way, possibly Tuilaga. I'm a big fan of Samoan rugby anyway, but I think he'd be a good addition for a number of Super League teams. Possibly Cueto a few years back.

Jonathon Thurston would be pretty interesting..from what I have seen of him he looks quality... [/b]

Yep.

Also obviously Weepu Nonu and Lauaki could all play league without problems I think.

Perhaps Dwain Chambers should make a switch? Think he'd bring a lot to the water boy position.

As for the other way, possibly Tuilaga. I'm a big fan of Samoan rugby anyway, but I think he'd be a good addition for a number of Super League teams. Possibly Cueto a few years back. [/b]

the older tuilagi did well for Saints and Halifax, and i expect most of that family would do well. I would like to have seen Neil Back play League before he retired as he would have made a great hooker.

I would like to see Willie mason convert so I could watch him get smashed.
[/b]

Yea hes a tosser.

Is it Penney? plays for Wakefield, hes got jet shoes ;)

I know it's already going around a bit, but I'd love to see Sonny Bill play center. He'd be near unstoppable if he can do what I think he can do, know what I mean? He'd be bigger than any other center by a lot and you'd have to back him making a break or an offload whilst drawing 3 guys towards him every play. Not the fastest but wouldn't matter.

It would have been great to see how Jonah Lomu would have stood up against league defenders. Could have also shown what a great rugby player, in general, he was and might still be *Here's me hoping*

Well, I would love to see Sebastien Chabal try American Football. Would be pretty entertaining i reckon. He He.

I know it's already going around a bit, but I'd love to see Sonny Bill play center. He'd be near unstoppable if he can do what I think he can do, know what I mean? He'd be bigger than any other center by a lot and you'd have to back him making a break or an offload whilst drawing 3 guys towards him every play. Not the fastest but wouldn't matter. [/b]
SBW would be a devastating centre in Union... but he'd never switch because League still suits his style of game a lot more and making the All Blacks is a crap load harder than making the Kiwis.
Personally I'd love to see Greg Inglis give Union a go maybe as a fullback (if he got his kicking in order), that man in space is just so devastiting...

Well, I would love to see Sebastien Chabal try American Football. Would be pretty entertaining i reckon. He He. [/b]

Yeah definitely. Plus his stamina wouldn't be a problem at all.

Willie Mason is too pussy to have a go at union..come on guys he won't play prop in league cuz theres too much contact..he wants to hang in the centres to smash though 80kg dudes. Rupeni Cau Cau would make a great league winger if you can get him off the hooter!

It seems that the only guys who really make a success of League-->Union switches are wingers/ fullbacks, cos the job specification is quite similar.

Kyle Eastmond of St Helens should be poached straightaway, young enough to learn Union and is the next Jason Robinson.

Vincent Clerc would be awesome in league...Maybe Michalak wouldn't do bad as well.

And I'd like to see Jonathan Thurston tried out in Union as as #10, and maybe Greg Inglis ?

Edit: how could I forget ? Jerry Collins of course...

League can have Tasesa Lavea back because he sucks and I think Steve Price would make a good blindside or maybe no.8 in ruggers.

Kyle Eastmond of St Helens should be poached straightaway, young enough to learn Union and is the next Jason Robinson.[/b]

I think i saw this guy scoring a try for St.Helens a few weeks ago. Not the one in the clip though. He has massive pace, and some good endurance by the look of his try, he just burned everyone in sight. I agree, he reminds you of Jason Robinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYchuXETgU

Latest posts