• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who'll win the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of that French team... I think they have all the advantages you can think of leading into the WC... they have the right team, home ground and in the past big games they have the psychological advantage of knocking the ABs off there perches in the game that actually counted

Whatever way you look at it everyone is going to be an outsider compared to NZ. But if anyones going to do it it's the French. They'll pull it out on home ground, so there'll be no questions of them not showing up to matches.

I hope that South Africa! In final with France. All Blacks and England or Australia will fight only for 3rd place I think

I hope that South Africa! In final with France. All Blacks and England or Australia will fight only for 3rd place I think
[/b]

An SA/France final is pretty unlikely, no?

You think England will beat Aus? Laughable.. England are awful!

superbandera-fiji_hw.gif

Gotta support my home nation and back up they're efforts of preparaion even though Fiji Rugby Union lacks the funding....If all the players,coach,and staff say they are confident that this is the best RWC squad Fiji has ever produced than Im sold.
With overseas professional players like Nicky Little, Seru Rabeni, Seremai Bai, Vilimoni Delasau, Filimoni Bolavucu, Sisa Koyamaibole, Aca Ratuva, Jone Daunivucu, Mosese Rauluni, Kameli Ratuvou, Maleli Kunavore, Norman Ligairi, Graham Dewes, Henry Qiodravu and Isoa Domolailai....I beleive this team can topple any side once the forwards provide clean balls for the backs.
2311.jpg

2312.jpg
2313.jpg
2310.jpg

I think Engalnd have a very good chance of beating Australia and I see the world in green and gold. England style of game, when played effectively is very difficult to combat. Although I think Australia's pack is vastly improved and will win back some respect from the rugby world this WC they are clearly not as strong as the Poms in the Scrum and Driving play. They also have a vastly superior goal kicker and close games are often decided on kicking. Our advantages are the speed of our backrow, our 10-12-13 combination and Lathum at the back. Anyway they may not even meet at the WC. Australia's game against Wales at Cardiff will be no gimme.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

An SA/France final is pretty unlikely, no?

You think England will beat Aus? Laughable.. England are awful! [/b][/quote]

For an SAF/France final, either two things have to happen.

1. France finish 2nd in their pool. They will then play the All Blacks in the Quarters, and Australia (most likely) in the Semis. If France keep winning, and SAF win all their matches, they'll meet at the final.

2. SAF finish 2nd in their pool. They will then go on to play Australia (most likely), and then the All Blacks (most likely), to finally play France in the final if France win all their matches.

Tough road don't you think? Whoever knocks out the All Blacks and Australia would totally deserve the ***le though, but I doubt they could win the final after those 2 tough encounters.

If they both top their pools, they will not meet in the finals, as they'll be on the same side of the draw.

If they both end up 2nd, it wil be the same as above.

I think Ireland or New Zeland (if they play like in the tv adds :p )

I don't say my team Italy, because they suck. :(

I'd tip South Africa and France as outsiders and NZ as odds on.

There will be huge pressure on NZ and that will be their downfall. They must be able to show they can cope with this pressure. Anyone who plays against them have nothing to lose, and they will go for it if they think they have a chance after the group stages.

Any of the teams can do it, but this is my order of likelyhood:

New Zealand
France
Ireland
South Africa
England
Australia
Wales
Samoa
Argentia
Fiji
Scotland
Tonga

I reserve judgement after that.
I'm actually a little unsure of Irelands position now, after the scotland game, I know it's only one game and a weak Ireland team, but that result really surprised me. I could rank them after South Africa now, or on the other hand they had been fantastic before that and I'd have put them second only to the Kiwi's.

I'll go with South Africa! They say the team is in exactly the same mood as the team in 1995 who won the World Cup

Any of the teams can do it, but this is my order of likelyhood:

New Zealand
France
Ireland
South Africa
England
Australia
Wales
Samoa
Argentia
Fiji
Scotland
Tonga

I reserve judgement after that.
I'm actually a little unsure of Irelands position now, after the scotland game, I know it's only one game and a weak Ireland team, but that result really surprised me. I could rank them after South Africa now, or on the other hand they had been fantastic before that and I'd have put them second only to the Kiwi's.
[/b]

Really! Ireland have no chance at all of making the final and will struggle to even make the semis!!!! Everyone rates them far too highly!

I don't think France will do it! The French crowd are famous for turning against their team if things are not going their way.. I think France will be doing very well if they win their games against Ireland and Argentina, one stutter and the wheels could come off.

I'll go with South Africa! They say the team is in exactly the same mood as the team in 1995 who won the World Cup [/b]

I completely agree with you, Ireland has no chance of winning this world cup. Indeed I think that there will be no surprise at all, New Zealand will easily make it to the semis and will there play their most difficult game before exploding their opponent in the final. :lol2tn:

Same mood? I don't think you could compare the emotion of 95 to 07. Mandela himself handed out those jerseys. I don't think anyone can top that!

And before you Poms, Scots, Welsh andUK teams don't have a sh*ts show of a chance.
[/b]

Well if your knowledge of rugby is anything like your knowledge of geography I'm quaking in my boots.

If Jonny can peak, and we see him return to his immortal best, then England have a very small glimmer of hope. If not, then it is New Zealand's to lose. The have an insanely talented group of players, and if they can finally hold together the mental side of their game, I can't see anyone (bar france if they decide to have "one of those days") doing anything to stop them

New Zeland, but the knockout stage can be influenced by injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts