Could England beat the World XI?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Mr. Laxative

If Australia can give it to the rest of the World why couldn't they beat England?
I really only started thinking about this when I saw Aus's score after there fifty overs. We got past 300!!!

Well why couldn't they beat England... My theory is that they weren't wearing adidas
<
<
<
It was all in the jersey change!
Seriously though why aren't the World XI performing? Or why are the Australians over performing?

Because England were out of this world, and Australia were poor.

Simple.

becuase the rest of the world are a hatched team - whereas england are a cohesive team.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 04:54 AM
becuase the rest of the world are a hatched team - whereas england are a cohesive team.
Bingo.

If the Ashes were played in Australia it would have gone completely the other way. It's pretty much that simple. There's no stand out in Test cricket as far as I'm concerned, but obviously England deserved their Ashes victory. After the performances of Australia's players in the last two games in Melbourne it is quite clear that they're not a done team, and still have a lot to offer.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 7 2005, 10:22 PM

Simple.
You also have to remember that we've only won the 1 day series against the World XI so far... so that doesn't really mean much. Afterall we did win the 1 day series against you boys before the tests started aswell and that didn't win us the Ashes.

Originally posted by sanzar+Oct 8 2005, 02:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Oct 8 2005, 02:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 7 2005, 10:22 PM

Simple.
You also have to remember that we've only won the 1 day series against the World XI so far... so that doesn't really mean much. Afterall we did win the 1 day series against you boys before the tests started aswell and that didn't win us the Ashes. [/b]
No you didn't. The ODI series was drawn.

The home factor was the main reason IMO. If Aus were at home they would have won (they nearly won the series anyway - 2 runs away)

Originally posted by umosay@Oct 8 2005, 05:13 AM
The home factor was the main reason IMO. If Aus were at home they would have won (they nearly won the series anyway - 2 runs away)
But in the same vain, you could say that England were only denied wrapping the series victory up after 4 matches by rain at Old Trafford. It's all inconsequential now anyway, I think England were the better team overall and deserved victory.

Home advantage may have help, in fact in most probably did, but I don't think that can be pinned down as the sole reason why Australia lost the test series.

"a champion team will beat a team of champions"

but remember, if england were playing r.o.w., the the aussies will be in it
<

Originally posted by sambad5@Oct 8 2005, 10:37 PM
"a champion team will beat a team of champions"
Or as in the case of the All Blacks at the last 4 world cups.

"A team that tries hard enough will beat a team of champions"
<
<
<
<
One laugh for each failed RWC........

Without a doubt the World fantastic team did not really know each others play. That is why the record for top countries versus the rest of the world in most sports has the rest of the world on the losing side of the ledger.

these world games are fixed. how does aussie get to bat first in every game. the world players are getting paid a fortune, no way would Aussie Cricket want to lose this series it'd kill em.... FIX!
<

Originally posted by stranger@Oct 9 2005, 12:00 PM
these world games are fixed. how does aussie get to bat first in every game. the world players are getting paid a fortune, no way would Aussie Cricket want to lose this series it'd kill em.... FIX!
<
Yeah, they must be using, like, a double headed coin or something when they do the toss.

Such cheats.
<

<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 9 2005, 11:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 9 2005, 11:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-stranger
@Oct 9 2005, 12:00 PM
these world games are fixed.  how does aussie get to bat first in every game.  the world players are getting paid a fortune, no way would Aussie Cricket want to lose this series it'd kill em.... FIX!
<
Yeah, they must be using, like, a double headed coin or something when they do the toss.

Such cheats.
<

<
[/b]
<
<
<

I'd love to see that! Ponting comes and says "lets use my coin, it's shinyer! Oh and I get to call, ok?"
World XI cpt: "
<
uh ok"

There's 3 massive factors that arent featuring in this series, but did in the Ashes.

Duke Test Balls
English Wickets
Ponters losing the toss

Punter has won every toss - I reckon if we batted 2nd in any of those matches we would have lost atleast once

Plus too many egos in the world team - but what do u expect for a world team

The problem for this world team now is that Warnies lacing up...his boots......thus, the mentality of the world team needs to change ASAP......he ****** all over weak minded players, and if u cant get over 150 in ODI's.....your minds pretty weak

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 9 2005, 11:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 9 2005, 11:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-stranger
@Oct 9 2005, 12:00 PM
these world games are fixed.  how does aussie get to bat first in every game.  the world players are getting paid a fortune, no way would Aussie Cricket want to lose this series it'd kill em.... FIX!
<

Such cheats.
<

<
[/b]
if there's anyway to cheat those aussies will find a way!
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Oct 8 2005, 02:07 AM
You also have to remember that we've only won the 1 day series against the World XI so far... so that doesn't really mean much. Afterall we did win the 1 day series against you boys before the tests started aswell and that didn't win us the Ashes.
That's funny Sanzar, the ODI series was drawn.
<

It was a last ball tie. We won the first match, Aussies won the second, and we tied the third.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 12 2005, 08:08 PM
It was a last ball tie. We won the first match, Aussies won the second, and we tied the third.
Amazing! they don't come any closer than that!

Latest posts