• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why dont people like Eddie Butler commentating?

i actually quite like his commentary (dramatic poetry videos are a bit cringey). but i often see on posts/websites that lots of people cant stand him commentating but i do not understand why. One person i do not like is Brian Moore as he just seems petulant and always biased. can someone shed some light on why you do not like Butler?
i actually quite like his commentary (dramatic poetry videos are a bit cringey). but i often see on posts/websites that lots of people cant stand him commentating but i do not understand why. One person i do not like is Brian Moore as he just seems petulant and always biased. can someone shed some light on why you do not like Butler?
He is dreadful. He calls out players names. He offers no insight, no predictions and no analysis. He must have watched Sky commentary and then reviewed his own inept performance. The man must be embarrassed

People don't like EB because they're idiots who'd rather listen to the shite ITV gave us in the WC and together with the excellent Brian Moore they are the best duo in sports commentary. In stark contrast to the awful Durdon Smith, Nick Mullins and Martin Gillingham, we have the warmth and wit of 2 former top class international players, Moore is an excellent analysis and his comments far outweigh the boring ITV knobs, EB brings a certain charm to proceedings, they sound great and are bettered only by radio 3's test match special boys.

Why do I have to suffer the racist Eddie Butler on my tv. I'm an RL man myself but I do love my autumn RFU internationals and the spring six nations,but it's always spoilt with the biased commentary of EB. He totally dislikes England which is understandable! as I can't say I love the other Nations when it comes to anything!!!!
Why can't each nation have their own commentators,I'll tell you why.....the BBC is a left wing PC media which enjoys positively discriminating against the indigenous population!!!

Why do I have to suffer the racist Eddie Butler on my tv. I'm an RL man myself but I do love my autumn RFU internationals and the spring six nations,but it's always spoilt with the biased commentary of EB. He totally dislikes England which is understandable! as I can't say I love the other Nations when it comes to anything!!!!
Why can't each nation have their own commentators,I'll tell you why.....the BBC is a left wing PC media which enjoys positively discriminating against the indigenous population!!!

Commentators/pundits/presenters really do divide opinion. There is one on Premier. His first name begins with R. He gets excited. The BT ones are ok. I hardly see any Rugby on Sky these days. The occasional Championship match. They cover that ok. Cannot be doing with Inverdale. But the main thing is seeing the match.

Difference between biased and passionate is clear. Look at Moore, he is passionate about England, but will be the first the criticise them when they play badly or do something stupid. I think he's also very fair when it comes to close calls. Tbh outside of Moore my next favourite who regularly pundits is Healey. Generally very accurate in his assessments, though he is slightly more biased towards Leicester than I would like.

Just watching the England vs Ireland 'friendly', but have to turn the commentary off because of EB.
England currently 10 points up but Butler picking out and expanding on every negative about England's play.
Ireland vs England game we should have one Irish and one English. Then we'd have a chance of a balance instead of Butler's anti-English ranting!.
Apologies...rant over!

BBC have just announced that Michael Cheika has joined their punditry team for this years 6 Nations... brilliant news, as a lot like Eddie Jones the guy is gold. Jon Fox Davies and Dylan Hartley have also joined the team... so I'm guessing Cheik's will cover Ireland and France with Wales and England having the other two respectively.

Cheika's fun comes from being overly emotionally invested in his side - if he ain't smashing up tables I'm not interested

BBC have just announced that Michael Cheika has joined their punditry team for this years 6 Nations... brilliant news, as a lot like Eddie Jones the guy is gold. Jon Fox Davies and Dylan Hartley have also joined the team... so I'm guessing Cheik's will cover Ireland and France with Wales and England having the other two respectively.

Is that the same Dylan Hartley that had Romain Poite telling him that he was on the pitch to referee the match to the laws, not tell Dylan what the laws were?

I look forward to some insightful stuff from Dylan.

watch-roman-poite-puts-dylan-hartley-in-his-place-for-not-knowing-the-rules-of-rugby.png

Look at his poor wee face (and Haskell's too) - its like Romain Poite has started discussing the finer points of Laplace Transforms.

Butler is more and more embarrassing to listen to, he comes across as nothing more than an agro stick to poke actual rugby players like Moore with. The excessively accented pronunciation of Italian and particularly the French players is worse than ever.

TBH the BBC desperately need a shake up the pundits are boring to listen to and Inverdale is a plank.

Is that the same Dylan Hartley that had Romain Poite telling him that he was on the pitch to referee the match to the laws, not tell Dylan what the laws were?

I look forward to some insightful stuff from Dylan Hartley.

Look at his poor wee face (and Haskell's too) - its like Romain Poite has started discussing the finer points of Laplace Transforms.

I feel the need to retract this and apologise to Dylan.

By far the most insightful of the Beeb panel (Guscott once again an empty jersey with useless platitudes) and not afraid of being self-deprecating.

Fair f**ks to ye Dylan, good job.

More airtime for any of Hartley, Johnson, O'Connell & Warburton.

Bin Guscott and "numbers" Jiffy - both don't offer the insight required of their roles.

Yep would agree there, Hartley was refreshingly not dull and predictable in his answers.

Latest posts