• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why no online code for xbox 360

techstar

Academy Player
WTF why is there no code to play online I want to play my brother just spent an hour editing Australian squad an it looks good playing ai sucks has anyone got this to work or has a link I've payed my money where's my online experience to go with it not happy :(

Because the game hasn't been released officially yet - EB released it early, which I imagine the relevant people aren't too happy about

WTF why is there no code to play online I want to play my brother just spent an hour editing Australian squad an it looks good playing ai sucks has anyone got this to work or has a link I've payed my money where's my online experience to go with it not happy :(

If you maybe return it to EB Games tomorrow and tell them that they should not have sold it to you, then return on release day and buy it, your problem will be solved.

A huge inconvenience yes, but one that EB Games have put you through via selling it to you early. Your other option is to just play the single play comps of various difficulties for a few days.

I know it's worse than growing up in the depression, but times like this are extremely tough sadly. :(

HB said

"The official kits all come on the disc and are fully accessible upon entering a one-time code during your first boot of the game, or from anytime from the Main Menu. The code will be viewable from the Main Menu if you are connected to Xbox Live or PSN as well as from the Rugby World Cup 2011 game website: www.rwc2011game.com"

No mention of code to play online here, so I won't be buying now I wanted to sell the game on later, with a used code it won't sell for much. I may as well wait till the world cup is long gone.

HB said

"The official kits all come on the disc and are fully accessible upon entering a one-time code during your first boot of the game, or from anytime from the Main Menu. The code will be viewable from the Main Menu if you are connected to Xbox Live or PSN as well as from the Rugby World Cup 2011 game website: www.rwc2011game.com"

No mention of code to play online here, so I won't be buying now I wanted to sell the game on later, with a used code it won't sell for much. I may as well wait till the world cup is long gone.

My guess is that its a case of whatever will be hosting the online play isn't up yet, or at least hasn't been activated or whatever. Probably wont be until release.

My guess is that its a case of whatever will be hosting the online play isn't up yet, or at least hasn't been activated or whatever. Probably wont be until release.

HB are making it really hard for me to buy the game, too little information. Even if the code has nothing to do with online multiplayer, no one is going to buy a used copy of the game with old kits because the code has been redeemed are they. It appears the code is only available in game or if log in with HB on their website, I assume the code is one time use and not universal.

Why lock something out that is on the disc, is this a joke or what? Will the code be available for free on XBL/PSN is anybody's guess.

If this code is not universal, I expect the value of the game to plummet, something I am not going to entertain as there are a ton of games on the way, and to support the franchises I want to support, play and trade is the only way.

Perhaps "one-time" means you only have to do it once and from that point onwards the new kits remain in place... Or you could just carry on over-reacting

Gotta agree with Raziel and Olyy, really can't see the code being one use only.

Perhaps "one-time" means you only have to do it once and from that point onwards the new kits remain in place... Or you could just carry on over-reacting

I think putting a one time use game code for something that is already on the disc is the slight over reaction, as is you're over reaction to my post.

But kudos stating the bloody obvious on what "one time" means, bravo.

I want an answer from HB, or someone representing HB.

I would have asked in the "ask HB" it was only in that thread this code input got revealed.

Cool your pants fanboy's geez...

The stench is toxic, for a second hand buyer this game looks hardly "official".

I will buy Deus Ex instead. Case closed.

Day one purchase to no buy until < £10-£15 new =/= Stating what you don't know what the code situation is, or thinking that it should not even exist.

I think putting a one time use game code for something that is already on the disc is the slight over reaction, as is you're over reaction to my post.

But kudos stating the bloody obvious on what "one time" means, bravo.

I want an answer from HB, or someone representing HB.

I would have asked in the "ask HB" it was only in that thread this code input got revealed.

Cool your pants fanboy's geez...

The stench is toxic, for a second hand buyer this game looks hardly "official".

I will buy Deus Ex instead. Case closed.

Yeahh...how on earth does explaining what we think the code is, make us ''fanboys''?
We don't know exactly what the code is yet, so you can't come out and say it's a one time use game code, especially since it hasn't been officially released yet.
Go for it, really do not care if you buy Deus Ex instead, just no point coming on here sayings things about RWC2011 that you simply do not know.

the code will be released for the online access and the kits on the 24th via the RWC2011game website!!

Yeahh...how on earth does explaining what we think the code is, make us ''fanboys''?
We don't know exactly what the code is yet, so you can't come out and say it's a one time use game code, especially since it hasn't been officially released yet.
Go for it, really do not care if you buy Deus Ex instead, just no point coming on here sayings things about RWC2011 that you simply do not know.

I class a fanboy as someone who cannot see any negative in his desire of choice, it's also someone who blindly puts aside some other's opinion as an over reaction. WHEN THEY DO EVEN KNOW HOW IT IS.

I know nobody cares what I buy, but there are too many cons than pros for this game I wished to support, the code has tipped me. I can wait, it's no problem now please stop the equal reaction to my over reaction.

Guys,

the code is not a one time use code. It will be the same code that everyone enters to unlock the kits and online play.
If you go to www.rwc2011game.com you will currently see a message saying that the code will be available August 24th.
Once you enter it as long as you have a profile you should never have to enter it again. If you buy new, rent or buy the game used, the code will still work so there is no need for conspiracy theories about the code devaluing the game :)

The primary reason for our unlock code was to keep the Kits under lock and key until they were all announced. We also locked Online so that everyone was using the latest kits when playing online games.

It seems as if EB Games might be selling the game early based on some of the other threads which is something out of our control but no to my knowledge, no one should have been able to purchase the game until August 26th. so if you are one of those that have well consider yourselves lucky :)

Latest posts