• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why the shock of England exit?

Did win the ashes which is bigger than cricket World Cup.
Different game. Ones a test the other is a 50 overs.
Plus more than 2 nations play in the cup.

But yes Ashes more important. Damn it [emoji35]

Oh it is, having a league most of the world watches and having a cricket team that won the ashes, oh and there is the tour de France and all the success in the Olympics, currently also have more boxing world champions than ever before all this from a country that has record levels of obesity but yes we are underachieving compared to who I don't know.

Ok if your happy. Great
Continue getting knocked out in the group stages of world sport.

Absolutely no shock to me whatsoever.

I'm on record widely with my opinions on the England coaching set up. The players are there but the coaching is rubbish. As soon as the squad was announced I predicted an exit. With Barrit an apparent certain starter it was clear we would trying to eke out results rather than dictate. We entirely relied on Joseph since he clearly wouldn't select Slade. Leaving out one other attacking centre with some experience was mad. I thought leaving out Cipriani was crazy too. He is the only maverick eccentric player who could come and do something different.

Having had three years to sort out a squad and style of playing this squad showed what an utter muddle and shambles things had degenerated into with a negative, crushingly conservative style of play as shown by the failure to support runners leading to constant turnovers.

So hardly a shock. Lessons were not learned in 2011 since a genuinely excellent coach was not appointed. If a good coach is not hired now and the decks not cleared of the substandard current team we will endure another 4 years of mediocrity, very probably no 6N and another failed WC. Act now RFU.

Am new to the forum, did someone say England were out? :eek:

That's a hell of a thing.

Latest posts