Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi_

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Who are the players for you who have stuck out like a sore thumb and not in the good way because they have had such a bad tournament?

I'd have to start with Kieran Read - The best number 8 in the world has had a shocker and not looked himself at all, didn't have a good SR or RC and has carried that form into the RWC and actually gotten worse. He's running high and can't catch a cold and uncharacteristically missing crucial tackles, one thing he has done well is win some turn overs, but over all he gets my number 1 vote for worst tournament. I really hope he steps up in the final, I can't fault his effort, just his form, he's a great guy and player and will always give his all, but we will really need him to step up vs a strong Wallys loose forward trio.

Runners up

Mike Brown
France
De Villiers
Burgess
George Pisi
Tusi Pisi

The best number 8 in the world plays for the Bokke...and his name is THOR.......

if I would have to nominate someone from SA it would be Willie le Roux.

That you think Brown should be on there really just shows how little you know about rugby.

That you think Brown should be on there really just shows how little you know about rugby.

Mike Brown had a shocker, he was the cause for your loss against Wales, conceding penalties and against Aussies he made mistake after mistake, the fact you think he's so good truly shows you know little about rugby.

Izzy Folau; so far. Certainly most disappointing, considering how good a player he is. It was supposed to be his tournament to light up; could still do it in the final. Injured his ankle against England and has not looked the same player since. He didn't look too happy when he came off against the Pumas, whether that was because he was taken off early or had aggravated his ankle, who knows?

Has he scored a try this tournament?

Izzy Folau; so far. Certainly most disappointing, considering how good a player he is. It was supposed to be his tournament to light up; could still do it in the final. Injured his ankle against England and has not looked the same player since. He didn't look too happy when he came off against the Pumas, whether that was because he was taken off early or had aggravated his ankle, who knows?

Has he scored a try this tournament?

True, Falou has had a bad tournament, to be fair he's been injured for the last few games though.

I have never seen such level of arrogance, worse poster of the forum, bravo !

What arrogance? I heard at the Cardiff game you were all shouting for PSA head.

Bravo!!

Who are the players for you who have stuck out like a sore thumb and not in the good way because they have had such a bad tournament?

I'd have to start with Kieran Read - The best number 8 in the world has had a shocker and not looked himself at all, didn't have a good SR or RC and has carried that form into the RWC and actually gotten worse. He's running high and can't catch a cold and uncharacteristically missing crucial tackles, one thing he has done well is win some turn overs, but over all he gets my number 1 vote for worst tournament. I really hope he steps up in the final, I can't fault his effort, just his form, he's a great guy and player and will always give his all, but we will really need him to step up vs a strong Wallys loose forward trio.

Runners up

Mike Brown (not been quite the same since concussion)
France - have been crap the last 4 years.
De Villiers Did well even to make it to RWC. So many injuries
Burgess - hasn't learnt the game yet.
George Pisi
Tusi Pisi

Read has not been quite the same player since his concussion of 2014. Ditto George North and Mike Brown from their concussions this year.

JDV did well just to make it to the RWC after that horrific knee injury last October. Then to break his jaw twice in 2 months just takes the biscuit.

Which makes Pocock's return to form after two ACL surgeries all the more remarkable.

Runners up

Mike Brown
France
De Villiers
Burgess
George Pisi
Tusi Pisi

Ritchie McCaw for that trip, just about the most despicable thing you can do on a rugby pitch!

George Pisi as well. He sat out most of the tournament with an injury he was struggling to recover from, then when he did come in against Scotland he was superb and made a big difference for them.

Ritchie McCaw for that trip, just about the most despicable thing you can do on a rugby pitch!

No the most despicable thing I have ever seen is what happened to Brian O'Driscoll on the lions tour, truly disgusting! very irrelevant but your comment made me think about it!

No the most despicable thing I have ever seen is what happened to Brian O'Driscoll on the lions tour, truly disgusting! very irrelevant but your comment made me think about it!

I agree with you and I have mentioned this incident on another thread. Even worse, those responsible received no punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts