• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon Final

S

Sir Speedy

Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal

What a brilliant game! Federer has come back from a two set disadvantage to be level with Nadal. Majestic stuff - definately inspired me to watch it more often.

Federer you f**king legend!

DAMN! It's been called off due to rain. It'll be finished tomorrow, now. >.> The game finished:

2 sets all.
2 games all.
Deuce.
>_<

Did anyone else watch it? :(

That was awesome, good thing there was the rain delay otherwise Rafa probably would have won in straight sets and we'd have missed all the drama, what about those passing shots in the same game, incredible stuff, that's by far and away the best men's final I've seen at Wimbledon, last year was good but this was just on a whole different level. Nadal has well and truly confirmed himself already as one of the all time greats now and he certainly picked a good time to go on a winning streak, French Open, Queens Club and Wimbledon, not bad at all.

That was awesome, good thing there was the rain delay otherwise Rafa probably would have won in straight sets and we'd have missed all the drama, what about those passing shots in the same game, incredible stuff, that's by far and away the best men's final I've seen at Wimbledon, last year was good but this was just on a whole different level. Nadal has well and truly confirmed himself already as one of the all time greats now and he certainly picked a good time to go on a winning streak, French Open, Queens Club and Wimbledon, not bad at all.
[/b]
I agree with all of that. Nadal was just sublime, although I respect Federer for staying in the game like that - it was pretty much lost to him after the second set.

debunkers.jpg

It's you!

Huge credit to Federer for getting himself back into the game, his serving was immense on the big points, don't know how many times I said to myself he'll ace this and then he comes up with the goods, it also highlights how good Nadal really is in that he can beat Federer when he was playing that well, just hope they can both take that form into the hard court season now.

that's arguably the greatest sporting contest i've ever watched.

Tennis is a fantastic spectator sport anyway, and you add to that the occasion, rivalry, the drama, and sheer skill level of Federer and Nadal then you have a perfect game.

It's great when sport becomes so like an art that it makes you get out of your seat and applaud.

I think eventually it'll get the legendary status that the Borg McEnroe final has achieved, Federer was saying it was scant consolation to be involved in such a game but it won't take much to realise he's been involved in something truly memorable.

Federer isn't fully back to his best....I'd say that was him at 90% potential. In saying that Nadal has taken his game to another level.

Nadal has really powered his forearm up beyond what any other player in the world has at the moment. No one else hits those tops spin shots the way he does...amazing. He also has turned his once weak backhand into a lethally accurate weapon and Federer was at a loss trying to drive down onto Nadals backhand.

Federer got frustrated trying to exploit a weakness in Nadal and started to force the point a bit more than what he is used to....as a result he had quite a few unforced errors he would normally not do.

Nadal was not as good as Federer on returning serve but if he managed to do it then he would often win the baseline battle with his ability to get to almost any ball and to return it with incredible winners. This is where the game was won as Federer who did quite well returning Nadals serve did not have the winning of trhe baseline battle once both players engaged in it. So as a result Federer could not break Nadal.

I think this result has shown the weaknesses of both players....Nadal now has less weaknesses than Federer has. If Nadal improves his serve he will start to climb into a dominance that we have not seen since...Federer! Federer has to improve on his backhand top spin as he tends to always play the slice.

I think this was a great game but due to Federers mistakes I would not rate it as the best game ever at Wimbledom....I think Rafter and that Goran guy was a better game!

Totally agree about the Goran vs Rafter match, that was insane, it doesn't top todays match as far as quality goes but the thing I remember most about that match apart from my man Goran winning was the crowd was the best I've ever witnessed at a Tennis final, they opened the gates and let first in first served for some reason and it got packed out by a very enthusiastic crowd full of Aussies and Goran fans and they just went nuts right from beginning to end.

Well if you're going to judge a match by the number of unforced errors then it's futile looking at a match that goes to 5 sets and lasts over 4 and a half hours, going by the purest tennis Sampras' demolition of Agassi is arguably the greatest performance in a final but this was the greatest match and contest by far.

That was EPIC Maaayn!!

Those two are a class plus 5 more above everyone else. Some of the shots they hit were phenom!

It was *** for Tat it was every even at the end. Brilliant! made my day

Latest posts