• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Working from home?

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
I am desperately scrabbling around at the moment trying to find a job. I am about to reach the end of a teaching course and despite the promises of financial wealth and a job at the end of it, the fact of the matter is that there are very, very few teaching jobs available right now.

I am looking to go into doing a law course in September, but because of the way this ridiculous country refuses to offer postgraduates student loans, I am just not going to be able to afford it unless I get a job which covers my outgoings.

If I do get onto the course (at a cost of £3400 and that's 20% off because I am a graduate of that uni) then I need to have a full time job. But my course will be intense and I could do with a job working from home if that's at all possible.

Do any of you work from home? Have you before? Do any of you need a fully qualified journalist and an almost qualified teacher to work for your organisation? Go on, gizza job!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you thought about doing freelance Journalism / Articles?

I've made a nice little bit of extra cash writing on a few online freelance sites... not sure what the rules are here on posting links / promoting, but happy to send you some details. You have to be prepared to sacrifice a little bit of artistic flair for a bit of 'playing the game' to get your articles found by search engines, and you need to find other ways to lure audiences to things you publish (as you generally get paid by views) but again, happy to provide some ideas.

Probably not something to make you life changing money, but you can do as much / little as you want and it's probably useful to build a portfolio just in case you end up considering journalism full-time.

toup, as a long standing member I trust you a lot. Please feel free to PM me the links. I'm not so bothered about it being full time long term as I want to simply be able to live for 12 months so I can do my law degree, but I need a full time job to be even able to consider it. I just need to start earning money, fast.