• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Breakfast Club

What is essential for a rugby-watching breakfast?

• Total voters
Only tried it once (outside of guacamole) but thought it tasted like a mixture of grass clippings and wood, no interest in trying it again.

Depends what you have it with. With Salmon, in a sushi hand roll, it's really nice.

I suspect it's a case of how it's prepared. On it's own, I wouldn't go as far as disgusting, it does have a weird texture though. I certainly agree with tasteless.

Can't beat quality bacon from the butchers and fresh bread. I think I'm going to do that on the first Saturday.

I suspect it's a case of how it's prepared. On it's own, I wouldn't go as far as disgusting, it does have a weird texture though. I certainly agree with tasteless.

It's considered a superfood considering the nutrients it contains. I like it, especially in a sushi hand roll with salmon or tuna. But what do I know I like brocolli and even Brussel sprouts. Lol.

It's considered a superfood considering the nutrients it contains. I like it, especially in a sushi hand roll with salmon or tuna. But what do I know I like brocolli and even Brussel sprouts. Lol.

Indeed, that being the case I'd be happy to learn more ways that it works well. I'm cursed when it come to brocolli, I find it a bit meh, but love the tenderstem kind, which is loads more expensive. Again, maybe I need to get better at preparing it.

Marmite on toast on a thick layer of salted butter (Kerrygold) with a Coffee. Followed by a cup of tea chaser after 30 minutues.

I might have a beer if we get to the knockout stages...

Marmite on toast on a thick layer of salted butter (Kerrygold) with a Coffee. Followed by a cup of tea chaser after 30 minutues.

I might have a beer if we get to the knockout stages...
I stand by that the RWC like 6N supersaterday are the occasions you can have a beer with the first game regardless of time. :) beer with rugby breakfast FTW.

I stand by that the RWC like 6N supersaterday are the occasions you can have a beer with the first game regardless of time. :) beer with rugby breakfast FTW.

If it's rugby game day, then anytime is acceptable for your first drink.

If it's rugby game day, then anytime is acceptable for your first drink.

yeah generally I have a rule of no alcohol before 12pm. Only broken it a few times, like when England won the World Cup in 2003:). But may have to break that rule again if England were to get the semis/final.

yeah generally I have a rule of no alcohol before 12pm. Only broken it a few times, like when England won the World Cup in 2003:). But may have to break that rule again if England were to get the semis/final.
I'll be drinking at midday on the dot regardless of our QF result, celebrating a semi final win as soon as the final whistle blows and the bucks fizz (even though I hate the stuff it's better than Guinness at that time) would be out for the final.

Of course that probably reads that I'll be trying to get so black out drunk I forget the tournament is on after we lose a QF.

I'll be drinking at midday on the dot regardless of our QF result, celebrating a semi final win as soon as the final whistle blows and the bucks fizz (even though I hate the stuff it's better than Guinness at that time) would be out for the final.

Of course that probably reads that I'll be trying to get so black out drunk I forget the tournament is on after we lose a QF.
I'm gonna buttchug a cognac when we beat Russia on a weekday.

There must be some vegetarians and vegans here. Interested to hear yours. Always said its something i could never do.
Interestingly enough, Argentina has one of the highest meat per capita consumption indexes in the world without eating meat for breakfast. Eggs are very rare for breakfast too. Lot of butter and milk, but little cheese.
Typical things are toasts with butter/caramel/marmalade, maybe a medialuna/croissant, cereal+milk, cofee/tea/mate and that's about it.
Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day for us.

About the WC breakfast club, last week i got excited about the WC and ordered a ridiculous amount of very rare craft beers, without realizing that most of the games are early morning ones in my time zone.
Some of them happen to be breakfast stouts so i'll try to delude myself thinking it's ok. It's always happy hour somewhere.

Interestingly enough, Argentina has one of the highest meat per capita consumption indexes in the world without eating meat for breakfast. Eggs are very rare for breakfast too. Lot of butter and milk, but little cheese.
Typical things are toasts with butter/caramel/marmalade, maybe a medialuna/croissant, cereal+milk, cofee/tea/mate and that's about it.
Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day for us.

About the WC breakfast club, last week i got excited about the WC and ordered a ridiculous amount of very rare craft beers, without realizing that most of the games are early morning ones in my time zone.
Some of them happen to be breakfast stouts so i'll try to delude myself thinking it's ok. It's always happy hour somewhere.

Love a breakfast stout. You should start a craft beer thread... be interested to see what you get in Argentina :)

Latest posts