• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup - Pool A

So funny how every time anybody who is not English posts anything which does not align perfectly with the T**t pack's views is automatically a WUM/Troll/lacking any knowledge of the game.
You don't see anyone accusing you of being a WUM do you?

You don't see anyone accusing you of being a WUM do you?

Every few posts i make which disagrees with and Englishman's view, yes i do. It's like a bad fart following me around, and it seems to be getting worse every game. I'll also point our that on good authority (fact actually) others are feeling pretty frustrated too.

So funny how every time anybody who is not English posts anything which does not align perfectly with the T**t pack's views is automatically a WUM/Troll/lacking any knowledge of the game.

If he can back it up then of course it is legitimate.

Saying "we don't have to improve much to beat them (England)" is the prime example of a WUM, no explanation of how they fell just short, when in reality there was a huge amount between the quality of the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

As a follow up, the way he said it was clearly trying to get a rise out of other fans, as opposed to explaining anything.

If he can back it up then of course it is legitimate.

Saying "we don't have to improve much to beat them (England)" is the prime example of a WUM, no explanation of how they fell just short, when in reality there was a huge amount between the quality of the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

As a follow up, the way he said it was clearly trying to get a rise out of other fans, as opposed to explaining anything.

I think a clear indication is the fact the same things are being said in a completely irrelevant thread about England vs Ireland.

I thin a clear indication is the fact the same things are being said in a completely irrelevent thread abotu England vs Ireland.
TBF that was partially my fault in bringing up Wales in comparing them to Ireland.

Numerous times i have made an assertion, given my reasoning, and then have been called a troll just because it hurt some Englishman's feelings (very easily done).

By the way LiRFCMatt, you're one to talk. One look into any Welsh thread and you're there clearly trying to annoy the Welsh. Same with half the English posters on here. The Wales France thread is overwhelmingly negative because there is wave after wave of English taking all they can away from any Welsh victory. That is fair enough, but don't get all uppity and look like hypocrites when someone else does the same.

You'll find that most of the talk of the Welsh is in reply to others who have mentioned them, or simply had a dig.

Last edited:
Numerous times i have made an assertion, given my reasoning, and then have been called a troll just because it hurt some Englishman's feelings (very easily done).

By the way LiRFCMatt, you're one to talk. One look into any Welsh thread and you're there clearly trying to **** off the Welsh.

I'm not trying to do that at all, on the contrary I think, the reviews I've given haven't favoured Wales, but that is only because I haven't been impressed by them and know there is more to them than what they've shown. I try and be honest and give in-depth reasons, if you don't agree then fair enough, but at least I explain my rationale.

As for the whole WUM debate Jobobo I'm not the person who neg repped someone for something they disagree that was posted 6 days earlier and also mocked them for England loosing the match (long after the match)....I believe that was you. I'm not a big fan of rep systems for that very reason but they're pretty nice for indicating if you agree with someone.

I have absolutely no problem with people having differing opinions with myself (infact it's the entire reason why I'm on this forum no point in talking about something if you all agree) and didn't accuse you of being a WUM. However virtually every one of valley commando's post are there to get a rise out of someone with completely baseless reasoning or fact, unlike yourself.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to do that at all, on the contrary I think, the reviews I've given haven't favoured Wales, but that is only because I haven't been impressed by them and know there is more to them than what they've shown. I try and be honest and give in-depth reasons, if you don't agree then fair enough, but at least I explain my rationale.

This is just one example from one page back in this thread. Fantastic rationale there. ---

Have you watched the 6 Nations this year? Wales are so boring, same old same old with the physicality. A prepared team can beat you any day of the week. Also if you're saying that you will have a better 8 come the world cup, England have a lot of players to come back, and will be a much stronger, more experienced and more confident side than the one that showed Wales up 3 weeks ago.

That's a bit harsh, one it's in reply to someone else, two he gives his reasons. Just because you disagree doesn't mean he's trying to rile you....wait isn't that your argument?

As for the whole WUM debate Jobobo I'm not the person who neg repped someone for something they disagree that was posted 6 days earlier and also mocked them for England loosing the match (long after the match)....I believe that was you. I'm not a big fan of rep systems for that very reason but they're pretty nice for indicating if you agree with someone.

I have absolutely no problem with people having differing opinions with myself (infact it's the entire reason why I'm on this forum no point in talking about something if you all agree) and didn't accuse you of being a WUM. However virtually every one of valley commando's post are there to get a rise out of someone with completely baseless reasoning or fact, unlike yourself.

Every one of your posts which includes anything to do with Wales is either a simple put down with absolutely no analytic or evaluative merit or is just you hating on Gatland over and over. Sitting here smugly now is just pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bit harsh, one it's in reply to someone else, two he gives his reasons. Just because you disagree doesn't mean he's trying to rile you....wait isn't that your argument?

In what way is it harsh? You lot are there berating Valley for having a view that Wales will beat England in the world cup. In what way are your posts less WUM'ish than his?

But the thing is, how can either of you two Welsh posters claim that Wales will beat England at Twickers come the world cup? We just convincingly beat you at your home ground without 2 of our best props in Wilson and Corbs (whether bench or starting is debatable for both), our starting locks in Laws and Launchbury, our starting 8 in Morgan, and probably one (maybe even 2) of our centres. By contrast Wales had no injuries afaik. In what way are Wales going to turn that around?

This is just one example from one page back in this thread. Fantastic rationale there. ---

Physicality is something you can prepare for. It is Plan A, B and C for Wales right now, and can be dealt with through preparation. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Every one of your posts which includes anything to do with Wales is either a simple put down with absolutely no analytic or evaluative merit or is just you hating on Gatland over and over. Sitting here smugly now is just pathetic.
I don't like the way Wales play which I consider one dimensional and boring and I don't like Gatland/Edwards. I make no excuses about that fact but no analytical or evaluative merit? I think you'll find I don't comment on matches/incidents I didn't watch and all of it's based on my personal opinion of how I saw it. Again just because you disagree with my evaulation/analysis of it doesn't make me wrong or right.

Last edited:
But the thing is, how can either of you two Welsh posters claim that Wales will beat England at Twickers come the world cup? We just convincingly beat you at your home ground without 2 of our best props in Wilson and Corbs (whether bench or starting is debatable for both), our starting locks in Laws and Launchbury, our starting 8 in Morgan, and probably one (maybe even 2) of our centres. By contrast Wales had no injuries afaik. In what way are Wales going to turn that around?

Stop being a WUM jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...

(Such a WUM move from me)

Wow, haven't looked at this thread for a while. LiRFCMatt, Ncurd and chippieolamus seem to have a nice little love in going here. I'd give up @Jbobo, they clearly aren't here for any other reason than to rile you now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, haven't looked at this thread for a while. LiRFCMatt, Ncurd and chippieolamus seem to have a nice little love in going here. I'd give up @Jbobo, they clearly aren't here for any other reason than to rile you now.

We were just joking a bit, playing up to it towards the end. I'd love it if you guys could tell me what you think will happen, just with more insight than "we don't need to improve much to beat them" without any more substance, apart from a flawed reference back to 2005. But please, and I say this all in sincerity, what areas will Wales be able to improve upon and take advantage of against the English and the Aussies.

No real love in I think all three of us really would like to discuss the actual topic at hand. Someone else was accused of being WUM (by a mod) and Jbobo started accusing left right and center of English vendetta against the welsh. In fact I was being quite nice to him in general pointing out we weren't having a go at him and got harangued for it.

No real love in I think all three of us really would like to discuss the actual topic at hand. Someone else was accused of being WUM (by a mod) and Jbobo started accusing left right and center of English vendetta against the welsh. In fact I was being quite nice to him in general pointing out we weren't having a go at him and got harangued for it.

:(

Latest posts