• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup - Pool A

Sorry please let me back in anti - Wales club ;)

Have you watched the 6 Nations this year? Wales are so boring, same old same old with the physicality. A prepared team can beat you any day of the week. Also if you're saying that you will have a better 8 come the world cup, England have a lot of players to come back, and will be a much stronger, more experienced and more confident side than the one that showed Wales up 3 weeks ago.

I don't give England the boring tag based on 3 matches this championship nor can you hand it to Wales, my view is based on the last 4 years

- - - Updated - - -

Not so much a deliberate WUM as 'Doesn't know much about rugby!'

I think I know a lot more about rugby than you and your anti celt cronies

I don't give England the boring tag based on 3 matches this championship nor can you hand it to Wales, my view is based on the last 4 years

I would say the fact that George Ford is now our 10 stops us from having the "boring" Farrell, JJ in at 13 changes the midfield dynamic completely (if he gets the ball unlike against Ireland) and the young, pacey English wings are the definition of excitement, even if they are in need of more international experience and some catching practice. As for Wales, the recent form shown has been pretty poor, and the games have been boring to watch. Crashing the ball up the middle is boring, as boring as giving it to Barritt in midfield for England was.

OMG you must be a troll!!! That is SO very Un-English of you. Get owt now you valley peasant!!

(actually, i agree about the momentum and importance of preparation together for Wales). Not sure if i agree that we will beat Australia, but i don't think England will either. I do think Wales will beat England.

Lets hope so.
This troll reference from the arrogant brigade is their answer every time they are wrong.

Numerous times i have made an assertion, given my reasoning, and then have been called a troll just because it hurt some Englishman's feelings (very easily done).

By the way LiRFCMatt, you're one to talk. One look into any Welsh thread and you're there clearly trying to **** off the Welsh. Same with half the English posters on here. The Wales France thread is overwhelmingly negative because there is wave after wave of English taking all they can away from any Welsh victory. That is fair enough, but don't get all uppity and look like hypocrites when someone else does the same.

You'll find that most of the talk of the Welsh is in reply to others who have mentioned them, or simply had a dig.

Spot on mate

I would say the fact that George Ford is now our 10 stops us from having the "boring" Farrell, JJ in at 13 changes the midfield dynamic completely (if he gets the ball unlike against Ireland) and the young, pacey English wings are the definition of excitement, even if they are in need of more international experience and some catching practice. As for Wales, the recent form shown has been pretty poor, and the games have been boring to watch. Crashing the ball up the middle is boring, as boring as giving it to Barritt in midfield for England was.
Precisely as I showed earlier Wales has a comparative record to England over the entire Gatland period (yes more slams and victories) but in terms of try scoring and finishing higher than one another it's pretty equal. In that time England have played some pretty rubbish boring rugby with some flashes of utter brilliance (Vs NZ 2.5 years ago). I don't like it when England do it and I don't like it when any team does it. Contrary to popular belief the '03 side had a pretty dynamic backline (it had Jason Robinson in it how could it not be)

England have been forced due to injury to put into their back line players who aren't just trying to muscle their way through the gainline, play what's in front of them and try to make exciting plays. That doesn't make Wales any more exciting to watch than it does England for everything they've done previously. The worst thing Wales have done is replaced an all time great dynamic player in Shane Williams with more stuff it up your jumper and crashball players. The worst thing is because of the tiles they've won were expected to say they are a 'great' NH side. Sorry I want sides to be playing like NZ not the way England/Wales have done for the past 4 years.

So funny how every time anybody who is not English posts anything which does not align perfectly with the T**t pack's views is automatically a WUM/Troll/lacking any knowledge of the game.

I fully agree.
One thing I won't do is say something just to get a reaction, they are my thoughts and opinions, it does rile me when they suggest I know nothing about rugby. Having both played and watched the game for the best part of 50 years.
Mind you they are either easier than a clock to wind up or are trying to get a reaction.

So now this thread is just 2 wums/trolls agreeing? Cant we just have a proper rugby conversation?

v_c in your last 4 posts in this thread you've mentioned the rugby in one sentence, we are trying desperately to bring this back to the rugby. Can you give us some of your 50+ year experience in response to what were saying about the rugby in a detailed response as we've been giving or kindly shut up.

There you go again you're just like a woman always feel the need to have the last word don't you, anyway is'nt it past your bed time boy.

I think he is actually trying to get you to have the last word, he was encouraging debate not trying to bring the thread to a close.

v_c in your last 4 posts in this thread you've mentioned the rugby in one sentence, we are trying desperately to bring this back to the rugby. Can you give us some of your 50+ year experience in response to what were saying about the rugby in a detailed response as we've been giving or kindly shut up.

So apart from the word rugby, what reference to rugby have you in this reply, none.
I will comment on rugby when necessary but won't be told to shut up by someone whose responds to comments he disagrees with in such playground fashion, grow up.

Come on guys, water under the bridge, lets get back to rugby discussion please.

Contrary to popular belief the '03 side had a pretty dynamic backline (it had Jason Robinson in it how could it not be)

Totally agree there. They played some fantastic rugby. When they needed to in the cup, they could also do the 'up the jumper' stuff when required. I don't think they'd have won the cup just with the open style, but I think the confidence they gained during that period definitely helped mentally.

Totally agree there. They played some fantastic rugby. When they needed to in the cup, they could also do the 'up the jumper' stuff when required. I don't think they'd have won the cup just with the open style, but I think the confidence they gained during that period definitely helped mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by ncurd View Post
Contrary to popular belief the '03 side had a pretty dynamic backline (it had Jason Robinson in it how could it not be)
Now there is a player Robinson the best English winger since David Duckham 2 truly world class England wingers.

Oh how I could gush about the '03 side but then it was essentially the side I grew up watching coming to fruition when I started uni. I'm incredibly biased.

I think it's the back line that gave them the penalties Wilkinson kicks reputation. I think sides deliberately conceded penalties against them so the trys weren't scored. I think it's why England fans overeact when we have a good game. The changes in personelle meant we fell back down to Earth very abruptly. We never got to enjoy our time as world champions and want desperately to be that kind of team again.

- - - Updated - - -

From a outsider I say both teams play a boring **** brand of rugby it's like waiting for death watching both teams play.

Latest posts