• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup - Pool A

Back to the changes that can be made, I feel the progress in Charteris' play since he moved to France have been enormous.
His defence has been quite outstanding, and his ability to stop the Maul with his inspector gadget arms, have turned him into one of the most valuable players in the Welsh squad.
It's going to be interesting to see how he fairs against the Irish maul, and whether he'll be targetted with some 'streetwise' tactics during them.
Places we definitely need to improve are the scrum (although the AWJ/Charteris combo does add some 'oomph'), we are just desperately lacking in props.
Also the lineouts, but again the inclusion of Charteris takes a lot of the pressure off AWJ, so I imagine that'll improve.
PS. Any chance we can borrow one of Englands plethora of 2nd rows? We'll give him back afterwards!

Back to the changes that can be made, I feel the progress in Charteris' play since he moved to France have been enormous.
His defence has been quite outstanding, and his ability to stop the Maul with his inspector gadget arms, have turned him into one of the most valuable players in the Welsh squad.
It's going to be interesting to see how he fairs against the Irish maul, and whether he'll be targetted with some 'streetwise' tactics during them.
Places we definitely need to improve are the scrum (although the AWJ/Charteris combo does add some 'oomph'), we are just desperately lacking in props.
Also the lineouts, but again the inclusion of Charteris takes a lot of the pressure off AWJ, so I imagine that'll improve.
PS. Any chance we can borrow one of Englands plethora of 2nd rows? We'll give him back afterwards!

If you give Itoje and Kitchener some international experience I would be very grateful, as long as you don't let them play against us.

Latest posts