• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby u20 Championship

Scraped by Japan. Next year should be stronger and the year after stronger again if my limited knowledge of Leinster schools rugby is something to go by, which it probably isn't.
There's some talent in the next age group. Centre from Munster, flanker, second row, tighthead and flyhalf from Leinster in particular.

Milne and Hawkshaw.

Is Hawkshaw still seen as a 10? Byrne is still underage next year so would think he'd be at 10.

Milne is a beast. Hopefully he does well at club next year, Aungier was destroyed at scrum time in 1A so it's no real surprise he hasn't been great there.

Saffa U20's playing so lovely adventurous rugby to fully make use of the 10 min sin bin.

England u20 tactics, against best side at turning over the ball send in an isolated forward to 2 French forwards...

I really don't rate Harry Byrne and don't see any evidence he'll make a step up. I know it's a harsh comment about a guy of 19, but I don't see him holding onto the 10 jersey. Have heard rumblings about Hawkshaw for a while. Also heard good things about the Glenstal 10 (Casey I think) and I think the centre Snoop is referring to is PBC's Seán French, but the other PBC centre Wren is rated too. All are academy guys now, so I hope it's okay to throw names out.
EDIT: Milne looks like an absolute unit for his age. Jaysus.

Last edited:

Latest posts