• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby u20 Championship

Tight game, well done to England !
mistakes, penalties and infringements was the bane of both teams. Must say I'm proud of this Junior Bok team, didn't think they had it in them to come back like that.

Georgia just scraped past Japan in the end 24-22. Aprasidze is a class above, surely one of the top 3 scrum halves in the competition. The Georgian senior team only has a good group of forwards but this U20 side has a dangerous set of backs as well as an excellent pack. They're my 2nd/3rd team so I'm very excited for them.

My feelings towards an expanded tournament grow as these 12 sides are very good and it would be a shame to see one of them go, especially as one of Japan or Ireland will be relegated

Both France and New Zealand will tear England apart at the breakdown based on this

Why on earth did New Zealand not go for 3 points when they had a penalty on the 10 metre line in the 78th minute? Stupid game management as the chances of them scoring a try and converting it within 2 minutes is very very slim.

Well done France though, thoroughly deserved the win as New Zealand only started playing after the 65 minute. France's pack was immense, that scrum was absolutely outstanding. 7 and 8 have stood out in the forwards throughout the tournament.

Last edited:
what a win for les Bleuets! N'Tamack is a future great. Bamba and Woki were brilliant. Joseph my MoM again!

Why on earth did New Zealand not go for 3 points when they had a penalty on the 10 metre line in the 78th minute? Stupid game management as the chances of them scoring a try and converting it within 2 minutes is very very slim.

Well done France though, thoroughly deserved the win as New Zealand only started playing after the 65 minute. France's pack was immense, that scrum was absolutely outstanding. 7 and 8 have stood out in the forwards throughout the tournament.
I second 16 team tournament. It's a small increase in costs but huge improvement for Tier 2 countries. Georgia have made astounding progress since promotion 4 years ago. The current system might've made sense when the gap was large between 2 tiers but at this point in time it's only detrimental to tier 2 progress. Fiji, Japan, Portugal, Uruguay and even Benelux countries have very promising youth systems. If given a chance they might impress in less than a decade

My feelings towards an expanded tournament grow as these 12 sides are very good and it would be a shame to see one of them go, especially as one of Japan or Ireland will be relegated
I've mixed feelings on this. Obviously I want Ireland to win but if they lose, they don't deserve to be amongst the top tier and should be relegated. This is the second year running they'll have finished in the 9th - 12th place bracket.

Could see an expanded tournament if Ireland are relegated because they're part of the old boys network. If Japan are relegated, the old powers in Sanzar and the 6 Nations won't care.

I've mixed feelings on this. Obviously I want Ireland to win but if they lose, they don't deserve to be amongst the top tier and should be relegated. This is the second year running they'll have finished in the 9th - 12th place bracket.

Could see an expanded tournament if Ireland are relegated because they're part of the old boys network. If Japan are relegated, the old powers in Sanzar and the 6 Nations won't care.

I actually think they would care.

The current system is extremely flawed in a 3 pool system makes no sense at all, especially if you are in a very tough pool. I think the expanded system would be equally fair to all the teams, not just the lower tier teams. This way even if you lose one match, you can still have a chance to progress...

Sides like Japan and Georgia need to be protected as they are the 'smaller' teams which there is a need for growth. Personally I hope for a Japan win against Ireland (sorry irish fans) as that gives more chance of the tournament being expanded (to ensure the protection of a top tier 1 side).

Haven't really followed this tournamwnt beyond YouTube videos and this is easily the best one. I can only imagine the shock of anyone watching who may not have known his background!

"going out in front of your home supporters" hahahaha you could hear the journalist stutter

To be honest I think 12 teams makes more sense. There's a massive advantage to the extra four Tier 2 teams and it doesn't really disadvantage the Tier 1 teams in any way. It makes a better competition as well. The 12 team format is really flawed.

Latest posts