• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Under 20 Championship 2019

My bad, you're right, I'm not sure where I got 6'10 from.

Point still stands that Tuima isn't tall enough to be a properly big lock.

He could be the heir to Mitch Lees, but I don't see him being much better than that TBH.

He could be the heir to Mitch Lees, but I don't see him being much better than that TBH.
I think I was too harsh on him before actually; he clearly has a lot of potential otherwise he wouldn't be playing for England U20s, and he has all of the attributes to be a good player.

He's surprisingly fast for his size, and that aspect of his game is only going to improve if he loses weight. If he really puts his head down and sheds some kilos then I could see him being very similar to a 2014/15 Nathan Hughes, running in the wide channels. As Scotty said, he's also got a really good pair of hands on him so his offloading ability out there would be a really asset.

If he works hard and gets fit I think he has the potential to break into the Chiefs 1st XV and maybe get a few England caps, but he really needs to lose that weight first.

I think I'd rate this year's crop of back rowers as:
1. Hill
2. Hinkley
3. Willis
4. Capstick
5. Tuima
I didn't put Basham in there as he only really played one game but I've never really been massively impressed by him. I don't think he's an 8, I see him more as 6 or maybe even lock.

Yeah, I think I'd probably go with the same ranking. I'm not really sold on Capstick either though TBH. Too small to be a lock at senior level and a long way behind Hill or Hinckley as a flanker IMO.

Yeah, I think I'd probably go with the same ranking. I'm not really sold on Capstick either though TBH. Too small to be a lock at senior level and a long way behind Hill or Hinckley as a flanker IMO.
Neither really, although to be fair to him he is a year younger than both and a year can make a very big difference at that age. I also think that both Hill and Hinckley - Hill in particular - are pretty exceptional players and 2 of the finest of this year's crop, so Capstick not measuring up to their standards isn't a massive slight against him.

Baxter clearly sees something in him as he's gotten a few appearances for Exeter in the Prem this season so I'm holding out hope for him. He was 103kg at the start of the season and he'll have gotten heavier since then, and his frame is nowhere near filled out so once he does he should be more of a weapon. I'm hoping to see him fill Armands' boots as Chiefs' lock-like back rower.

Latest posts