• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Under 20 Championship 2019

Yeah, top team as are the Ozzie's so should be a cracking final. Just out of interest, what the hell do you think happened when you played the Argies?
The French team hasd suffered from widespread severe food poisoning one day prior to the Argies game, at least five players from the starting line up were still very sick during the game. Not an excuse but part of an explanation.

The French team hasd suffered from widespread severe food poisoning one day prior to the Argies game, at least five players from the starting line up were still very sick during the game. Not an excuse but part of an explanation.

Cheers bud, thought there had to be something up as they looked so awful that day.

Some coincidence. ;)

Weird to me that Healy' face doesn't seem to fit at ten for Ireland. Has he had a bad game for Ireland yet? Flannery is by all accounts a good ten with good athleticism, and a good bit of gametime with Shannon at the position, but I think he will end up at 15 if he has to compete with Healy long term.

Only took Redpath getting banned for Luke James to get a start, despite Luke being a significantly better player

I can't say I've seen enough of Redpath to make the comparison, but I was under the impression that he was the more highly-rated of the two. He's certainly had more hype.

I've been really impressed by James TBH. He's looked good at 15 even if it isn't his preferred position.

Meh, it's all in the name.
He was certainly highly rated at age grade academy level but I've seen nothing of him at u20s, A grade or Senior level for him to be getting so much praise. Getting named in the England training squad was just ridiculous. Not to say he won't get there, he's obviously a very talented player and has been hit with some unfortunate injuries, but he's not there yet.

Luke has been excellent for Sale this season, especially as he was chopped around so much - he was a flanker until u18s before moving to 12 and then had to play a fair chunk of this season at fullback, where he'd never played before.

Most exciting prospect we've produced since Addison imo

World Rugby U20 Championship - In the 5th place playoff, England leads Wales 28-0 at half time. If you're interested it's live on the World Rugby Facebook page.

Last edited:
Usupported runner, penalty, maul, penalty, maul try, unsupported runner, penalty, maul, try.

For **** sake England learn from your mistakes, don't ******* repeat the EXACT same string of errors again 5 minutes later.

Repeating it 3 times in under 20 minutes, they don't learn at all. They've peeled to the left every time and the English players are completely clueless to it. How can they get caught out by exactly the same maul tactic 3 times? They are going to roll to the LEFT! Work it out!

Last edited:
Meh, it's all in the name.
He was certainly highly rated at age grade academy level but I've seen nothing of him at u20s, A grade or Senior level for him to be getting so much praise. Getting named in the England training squad was just ridiculous. Not to say he won't get there, he's obviously a very talented player and has been hit with some unfortunate injuries, but he's not there yet.

Luke has been excellent for Sale this season, especially as he was chopped around so much - he was a flanker until u18s before moving to 12 and then had to play a fair chunk of this season at fullback, where he'd never played before.

Most exciting prospect we've produced since Addison imo
Umm... the Currys?

Josh hodge 100% tournement kicking record...thats decent as hes done some very hard kicks. Bet he hated ted hill for putting the final try in the corner.

A couple of fine tries for Hodge in there too. Probably player of the tournament for England and perhaps Newcastle's relegation is an ideal opportunity for him to build some game time at senior level.

Latest posts