• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World XI game in texas???

Postponement due to VISA problems, what a bugger, have to wait until august now.

I seam to be getting these headlines a bit late aye
<
sorry to anyone who really cares
<

lol it looks almost as bad as Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Now Capn you wanna sit in a bad stadium to watch football or Baseball goto Montreal
<

The stadium is partially the reason the Expos went under plus the fact that all the fans hated MLB Inc. and the overpaid crybaby players to think they used to draw over 30k a game there
<

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Jun 23 2005, 01:26 PM
lol it looks almost as bad as Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Now Capn you wanna sit in a bad stadium to watch football or Baseball goto Montreal
<

The stadium is partially the reason the Expos went under plus the fact that all the fans hated MLB Inc. and the overpaid crybaby players to think they used to draw over 30k a game there
<
You think the Astrodome looks better than the Olympic Stadium -- holy christ. Now, I don't know what the Olympic Stadium looks like but that ain't saying very much.

Oddly enough, the first baseball team I ever played on was the Expo's in little league in Houston, Texas.

I hate to sound like the Jonny come lately, but... Cricket ... America...

Am I missing something here? I thought cricket ranked as one of the US's most hated sports...

I wouldn't quite say they're taking cricket there because 20/20 can't really be called cricket.

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 24 2005, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't quite say they're taking cricket there because 20/20 can't really be called cricket.
It's about as close as cricket gets to baseball I guess.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 24 2005, 06:17 PM
I hate to sound like the Jonny come lately, but... Cricket ... America...

Am I missing something here? I thought cricket ranked as one of the US's most hated sports...
I saw some cricket matches in St. Louis, Missouri about 10 years ago.

(look that up on a map of the States for a laugh)

Granted, the teams were mainly of Indian/Pakistani descent, and they were in a park, just by themselves but fully kitted out in white. What I found out was that it was some tournament between States (!). A bunch of midwestern State teams had gathered for a tourney in St. Louis.

I guess we don't hate it, most peeps don't really know it.

But, yeah, if they did get to know it, they'd probably hate it.

Unless beer is provided or readily available (which it wasn't when I went by so I stopped watching after 5 minutes)

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jun 25 2005, 05:59 AM
Unless beer is provided or readily available (which it wasn't when I went by so I stopped watching after 5 minutes)
if beer is served not only is the action on the field worth noting
the off field shenannigans turns into the main specticle of the day

half the reason cricket is sooo popular is western nations is due to the mateship and drinking that goes on the 8hrs in the sun

i love cricket as a sport

but many people say it boring on TV, but fun at the game........plenty of ladies take this view aswell

introduce beer, and u americans will take it under ur wing like family

eating hotdogs for 8 hrs, drinking beer for 8 hrs, and ranting for 8 hrs - its like superbowl for 8 hrs

u cant go wrong

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 24 2005, 06:30 PM
hit it on the head there wally

20/20 - tho it is entertaining for the masses......will bring $$ into the sport

JUST IS NOT CRICKET!!!

I can't really comment on the twenty/20 version of the game as i really only have seen one game (nz v aus) I did like it just cause of all the nz players and the facial hiar and afros, was quite funny.

I would still rather sit down for 5 straight days and watch a close fought out draw
<

I LOVE TEST CRICKET

Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 29 2005, 12:02 PM
I can't really comment on the twenty/20 version of the game as i really only have seen one game (nz v aus) I did like it just cause of all the nz players and the facial hiar and afros, was quite funny.

I would still rather sit down for 5 straight days and watch a close fought out draw
<

I LOVE TEST CRICKET
I thought I was the only one. Of course, I don't have the time to watch the whole thing, but watching test cricket for a couple of hours here and a couple hours there is great.

yep
<
i am lookin forward to the ashes tests, as i think we get some of them live over here on sky, i am going to be shattered for work me thinks
<

Latest posts