Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Jonathan Sexton

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Frederic Michalac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

Imagin if Hernandez had this form during the rugby championship, would have really helped the campaign maybe ended with a few wins

Ohh...I miss too much those days, when he was a world class player!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny really. I have seen Dan Carter only once behind a losing pack and he had a shocker. Playing behind a monster pack even Earl Rose would look World Class.

With a little help from Suzie the waitress!! :D
Actually Suzie was a STD ridden prostitute. No one told the AB to go bang Hillbrow hookers IMO

Funny really. I have seen Dan Carter only once behind a losing pack and he had a shocker. Playing behind a monster pack even Earl Rose would look World Class.

Your right. Dan Carter is hopeless. The only reason he looks good is because he is usually behind a dominant pack ;)

Your right. Dan Carter is hopeless. The only reason he looks good is because he is usually behind a dominant pack ;)

I did not say that at all he is class. Just showing a criteria one needs to look at considering all the choices given. Even the best can look average when you play behind a beaten pack. Steyn was hiding behind Fourie Du Preez and he was found out once Du Preez left. Don't know what he is doing on that list.

Cruden also got a monster pack he is playing behind but his decision making is brilliant and those grubbers he did against the Stormers were pure class. He is got to be the closest there is to Carter. Daylight between the Kiwi no 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8th choice tens and the charge down Charlies you get up in the NOrthern Hemisphere IMO.

I did not say that at all he is class. Just showing a criteria one needs to look at considering all the choices given. Even the best can look average when you play behind a beaten pack. Steyn was hiding behind Fourie Du Preez and he was found out once Du Preez left. Don't know what he is doing on that list.

Cruden also got a monster pack he is playing behind but his decision making is brilliant and those grubbers he did against the Stormers were pure class. He is got to be the closest there is to Carter. Daylight between the Kiwi no 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8th choice tens and the charge down Charlies you get up in the NOrthern Hemisphere IMO.

Really? Then how come Stephen Donald who was the Kiwi second choice for a long while and part of the World Cup squad has come over to the Northern Hemisphere and been awful then?

Really? Then how come Stephen Donald who was the Kiwi second choice for a long while and part of the World Cup squad has come over to the Northern Hemisphere and been awful then?

Maybe because they go over there when they are old and looking for a retirement package getting fat and still keeping up with the slow game over there?

I love ignorant south africans they make the guys on here seem so much better at their most extreme.

Aah you lost the argument now you are attacking the man. Classic.

To be fair - no one in New Zealand other than Ian Foster, Graham Henry and Larksea thought Stephen Donald was anything more than servicable. I'd take Cruden or Barrett over him any day.

Maybe because they go over there when they are old and looking for a retirement package getting fat and still keeping up with the slow game over there?

Talking of charge down Charlie's. The All Blacks had one of those as understudy to Mehrtens for a few years as well ...

Not all of us are idiots like sifplay aka Cave Dweller...

Cave Dweller wasn't an idiot, he was the best poster ever banned.

I beg your pardon? I do not know you yet you insult me for whatever reason. And who is the aka? Can we please stay on topic?

Talking of charge down Charlie's. The All Blacks had one of those as understudy to Mehrtens for a few years as well ...

Cave Dweller wasn't an idiot, he was the best poster ever banned.

What about King Carlos and those dream intercept passes in crucial matches? I remember Donald cost the Kiwi's the game in Hong Kong with his miss and failutre to find touch where the Aussies managed to score from. But boy did he make up for it. Though he never lived up to his potential

What about King Carlos and those dream intercept passes in crucial matches? l

The same Carlos who seemed to only come on after the game was won to demonstrate his tricks and who would lose as many games as he won a la Michalak, Gregor Townsed et al?

Sorry but my view of michalak is that most of the time he looks like he doesn't give a crap tbh.

well that would be 'good', that would mean that he CAN but that he doesn't...which is unfortunately not the case. He's the kind of guy whose maximum form makes him a top 3 half imo, and it isn't all that rare. We've seen it just this past November. But though this year it's peculiar, because of the ridiculous amount of games played and at his age, he was obviously lost and had no form at all in Feb., he also will lose his confidence pretty fast I think. There is intrinsically smt unstable about this guy, and even though ppl will exaggerate this a whole lot, it is still very true, yet.

The nature of his game is exactly that, live or die by it. Flashy, flamboyant, experimental/creative and gutsy:
all that can turn into throwing the oval right in your teammate's face every time he makes a pass, or throw it to no one in particular trying to make some reverse no-look pass and conceding a try from the counter. But on a normal day, when he's fit and well prepared, his quality in leading/passing/scoring penalties and just being so uniquely creative and accurate puts him up there I say.
Just nowhere near the case right now, cannot be considered, but I like that there is mention of him at least in that table.
But as they say, "how quickly do they forget".

Yeah I know sorry miss worded that one a little bit i'm basically trying to say that people like him are why that miss conception can exist and saying i'm glad we have knowledgeable and insightful members from across the world.

some interesting stats about Michalak:
http://www.espnscrum.com/statsguru/rugby/player/13756.html?class=1;template=results;type=player

It doesn't mean a whole entire lot, but France has had some good success when Fred's played, excellent %'s right there, except for Argentina which we've had our slide against around the mid 2000's as everyone knows.
..just thought I'd slip this in for curious minds, and if you don't already use ESPNScrum's StatGuru, check it out, it's a brilliant tool.

The same Carlos who seemed to only come on after the game was won to demonstrate his tricks and who would lose as many games as he won a la Michalak, Gregor Townsed et al?
Well his goal kicking cost them a couple of games so he would always be 2nd choice to a guy who is a establish goal kicker. Spencer was just one of those guys. He could also be reckless and his brilliance could tend to be overshadowed by moments of madness. But love him or hate him, it's hard to deny the impact he made on Super Rugby.

Latest posts