• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worth the extra cash?

sambãd5

Academy Player
So im looking into buying a ps3, and im wanting to know, is it worth forking out an extra $100 to get the 250g as apposed to the (150g?).

the question is: do you really need the extra space for general use? ie- if i play it simmilarly to my ps2, with the additional of on demand etc... also is that the only diffrence?

Ive been looking around, and it looks best to save up for the 250g because often it comes with a free game, so instead of paying $100 less, and buying a game for $80-$100, making it the same anyway, although choice of game is mine...

I'd get the 120gb to be honest. If you get the 250gb and you get any kind of failure with the PS3 you'll have to return it with all the movies and music that you spent ages putting on it. They wipe all that and return it repaired and formatted. It's happened to me four times with my old 60bg, and I'm not 100% sure that it won't happen to my slim either.

Better to just plug in an external (it'll accept anything) and away you go.

Been going for 2 years on a basic 40 gig. No fail yet, touch wood. It's done me fine as I don't store music or anything on it as I thought it would just be a waste of time because I have no idea what the life expectancy of the thing will be, so it just has game saves.

External HD is probably the safest option if you want the extra space and peace of mind.

yeah i don tthink the bigger hard drive really matters that much. I have the smallest one they have (cant remember, is that the 40) the only problem i have is that i have to uninstall the odd game to install new ones. Normally only uninstall games i have hired out though. I dont use an external hard drive, i use streaming from my home pc for all my tv shows/movies.

Latest posts