• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wtf Are Ea Smoking? (madden 360)

R

Ripper

Originally posted by Some guy on Operation Sports
"I'm scanning through it now and hear this. Madden and Al Michaels will no the commentators for the 360 version. They say the no name announcer not announcers will call the game like he works for the teams local radio station. Saying he'll sound more emotional when you make a great play. But the ask madden feature is still in the game.

They also have a small section saying "why next gen madden ain't all that." It will not have owner or superstar mode. No classic teams and no create a player.

Some other stuff while scanning through. If you have surround sound you can hear a defender's footsteps and his heavy breathing behind you. I'll post more later when i get home as i'm getting ready to leave work."

"ok i'm home now. I read the whole thing. No i don't not have a subscription but i live in NYC and we tend to get things b4 a lot of other places. I got my copy from the newstand in the west 4th street train station. Sorry i do not have a scanner so i can't scan the article. There isn't much said as most of it is in little boxes and they dont' say much about the gameplay.

The screenshots suck and are blown up ala next gen mag style if any of you older gamers can remember that magazine from the 90's so they make everything look jagged and ugly. There is a part talkin about the stadiums how they even have the sun worn seats that have faded due to the sun being on them all the time. The staduims mow lines will be correct. Pittsburgh's grass degrades faster than other staduims.

They talk about the sidelines how the players and coaches react on a big play when you run down your sideline and they start jumping up and down. There are about 4,000 animations in this version which is about double what we get on current gen. Each team will have 2 or 3 players with specific animations. Ball spikes you see ya lineman rushing to the line. Recievers crying for pass interference calls and you can finally jump over the pile.

Ea went to NASA for weather data so now we should get exact shadows and where they fall in the staduim and there should be no excuse why the shadows are wrong. The parts of the field that get the most work will degrade more then the rest.

They now have access to the nfl films vault so players now sound like themselves. Peyton sounds like Peyton when he calls out audibles. Ray Lewis sounds lime himself calling out defensive checks. Does say how many players voices will make the cut though. Blocking should sound like real blocking now and tackles sounds like tackles.

200 key players heads were scanned. There will be about 200 accessories for players but no hand warmer pouches. EA says "next year"

One last thing they say they say you may not be blown away by the screenshots(which i'm not) but they say it's much prettier in motion. After playing next gen they said it's hard to go back."

---

So basically for the first game they have concentrated on the Visuals and the Gameplay, and will be adding the Franchise Mode when the PS3 comes out for Madden 2007. No mention on ESPN, although I suppose technically Madden 360 is still part of the 06 line of games, and EA dont get their hands on it until the 07 line up.

kind of expected the 360 version to be very basic

its kind of a fill in edition between 2006 and 2007 (next gen)

they would not go thru the effort to create a brand new overhaul, just for one console -the 360

cant wait to see it

love the comment

After playing next gen they said it's hard to go back."

<
<
<

meh, I guess Im just ****** off that I have to wait until 2007, when they release it on the PS3.

The Biased Radio annoucers sounds like a good idea, maybe they will only have Madden and Michaels for Monday Night Football Games in Franchise Mode, and for Play Now and Online games have an option.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 30 2005, 01:54 PM
meh, I guess Im just ****** off that I have to wait until 2007, when they release it on the PS3.

The Biased Radio annoucers sounds like a good idea, maybe they will only have Madden and Michaels for Monday Night Football Games in Franchise Mode, and for Play Now and Online games have an option.
that monday night thing would a good touch

now that EA own the NFL in everyway

they should aquire each commentator, from each broadcast, of both AFC and NFC matches, ESPN sunday night, and Monday night, and they should call their respective games

god only knows the limits that have - I mean 4000 anims - next gen will be like a crystal ball into virtual reality

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
------------
Welcome to Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360.

With Microsoft recently announcing a launch date of November 22 we can now start showing off more of the product we have been working on over the past year or so. The Xbox 360 version of Madden NFL 06 is really starting to come together and I'm very excited about it. To me, the game really is looking, playing and feeling "next gen." Back in April we showed you some video of what we thought this game could be like and with each day of development that passes, I am more and more encouraged that we will be able to meet or exceed that target.

We still have several weeks left in development, so what we are releasing now not final yet; but I do want to confirm that all screens are captured from the game engine and not pre-rendered. You will see this level of quality and more in the final product. As things like player sizes/builds and different weather/lighting conditions become fully tuned you will begin to see these great graphics come to life in all situations. We'll soon see what the Giants at Eagles at night, in the snow looks like in real-time in this new engine and can't wait to share that with you. Of course, Madden isn't just about great graphics; we will deliver a many innovations in game play with an animation system driven by over three times the number of animations as previous versions of Madden. We're also planning on bringing franchise mode to the Xbox 360 with a whole new way to access information that franchise players will really enjoy.

They only let me share two screens this week, so we picked two that both show off the detail of this game, but in different ways. The first is a close-up of Saints QB Aaron Brooks focusing down field. We took this shot a ultra high resolution, so I hope that makes it out to you, if it does, you will notice stubble on the players' faces and even reflection in the player eyes. Without doubt, the player faces are the most faithful reproductions we've ever done. Additionally the detail on essentials like the football and helmets are incredible. There are more polys in our next gen helmet than there were in the complete player from previous versions of Madden. Each NFL team helmet has the accurate paint style (notice the metallic paint of the Saints), and we have exact models of all the various helmet styles and facemask types worn in the NFL. The football is detailed down to the last pimple on the ball, and it has its own reflective properties.

In the second screen of Manning and Harrison at the Bengals, we show even more detail in the player uniforms, helmets and faces. Check out the different helmets on the Colts teammates, as well as the reflection on this sunny day scene. You also get a glimpse of our full 3-D crowd who are individually placed in each individual seat in the stadium accurately. We probably wouldn't normally show a screen shot of the back of a player's head, but this one caught my eye and felt very realistic.

In game, the players come alive with facial animation and NFL Films on-field audio, which adds a whole new level of authenticity to the game.

You will soon be seeing a lot more screens and videos as we get ready to start football season again in November. Also, be sure to check out the November issue (on sale October 4th) of EGM, which has the first detailed information and impressions of the game from their visit to our studios several weeks ago.[/b]

abrooks.jpg

http://www.maddenmania.com/images/manning&harrison.jpg

(Wouldn't let me post 2nd Screenshot here)

---

Imagine Fricking Grand Theft Auto with those sort of Visuals...

IMAGINE A RUGBY GAME WITH THOSE SORT OF VISUALS...

in that first pic that hand looks like its getting sucked onto the ball. i know i am nit picking but hey he was goign on about how lifelike the graphics were
<

That pic is bad considering what they tried to make us swallow with their madden next gen preview movie (you know the one) Look at the end of his shirt sleeve it s just a block that cuts of at 90 degree straight into his arm!!!

The Manning and Harrison screen looks better as the lighting is pretty cool, but honestly I expected the next gen graphics to blow me away.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 4 2005, 07:03 AM
That pic is bad considering what they tried to make us swallow with their madden next gen preview movie (you know the one) Look at the end of his shirt sleeve it s just a block that cuts of at 90 degree straight into his arm!!!
That next gen movie sucked imo, ecspecially the Face's and the animation.

Atleast its good to see madden letting go of that stupid cartoony style of player models. 200 key player likeness's WTF!! even RL2 has 500! whats ea's excuse? and F**k the 3D crowd, just make the players look awsome!

Originally posted by CeeJay+Oct 4 2005, 09:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Oct 4 2005, 09:14 AM)</div>
Atleast its good to see madden letting go of that stupid cartoony style of player models. 200 key player likeness's WTF!! even RL2 has 500! whats ea's excuse? and F**k the 3D crowd, just make the players look awsome![/b]
You misinterperted it - Every player will have his correct likeness, but they head scanned the heads of 170 top NFL Players, meaning it will even have the scars of invidiual players in thier correct shape, size e.t.c, something none of the RL2 players probably wont have...

<!--QuoteBegin-IGN

October 3, 2005 - Madden equals money, so it should come to no surprise to anyone that of all the EA Sports Xbox 360 games, Madden is the game with the most money put behind it.

I'm talking head scans of 170 of the top NFL players to capture everything from the black eye paint on Ahman Green's face to the breathe right on his nose (there are over 1,500 accessories) to any scars on his face.

I'm talking voices of the real quarterbacks barking out audibles and hot routes at the line. That's right, with the help of NFL Films, EA Sports was able to capture 18 starting quarterbacks shouting their signals (as long as it's Kurt Warner and not his wife, I'm cool), so when a player like Carson Palmer changes the play, you're actually going to hear Palmer's voice giving the instructions while seeing a closeup of his face on PIP in the corner of the screen.

And to top it off, it's a Madden game without Madden. In fact, in a surprising (and refreshing move), there's no sign of Madden or Al Michaels calling the plays. Instead the game is left to a PA announcer and the grunts and groans of action on the field. You'll hear players like Ray Lewis talking trash (again, it's actually Ray's voice), helmets smash, and a biased home-town radio announcer who calls the game with passion.

In terms of the game's look, Madden 360 features three times the animations of the current-gen systems (there are now 5,000 total), and you can really see this evidenced in catching and tackling. Wide receivers now sport 140 catch animations (current gen is only 45), and receivers will now be able to use articulated hands and fingers to reach up or down, left or right while dragging their feet in bounds or trying to grab a throw before it hits the turf. And when a receiver does haul the rock into his body, expect to see a host of new tackle animations including gang tackles and body shivering shots so fierce you can actually see the runner wince in pain.

Also added to the game is a brand new play-calling screen. There is a PIP window where you'll see the coach, the quarterback, or even Madden himself if you have a question for him. On the left side of the screen is a list of options: Formation, Ask Madden, Ask Coach, Key Player, and Last 5 Plays. From asking Madden for a good play to run to hearing the plays in coach speak and NFL terminology (X right, 32 left), the choice is yours.

Other highlights include controls that have been changed to specifically utilize the 360 controller. Sprint has been changed to the right trigger, juke is now the A button, and depending how hard you press the D-Pad in conjunction with A will determine the kind of juke you perform. You will also see a motion-captured Ed Hochuli calling the penalties and throwing flags when you grab facemasks or rough up the quarterback.

In terms of Franchise play, there is no Owner mode in the game, but you can still take your favorite team on a 30 year journey to greatness, including breaking records and changing the official record books to inducting your players into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There are all new box scores for every game in franchise, making it easier for you to check up on stats for your games and which matchups you should exploit next time you play your rival.

One thing that has been missing from NFL videogames in the past is the feeling that the stadium was a character in and of itself. This will all change with Madden 360 as these stadiums are so spectacular, they even make dumps like Monster Park look good. No game has ever captured anything like the intricate level of stadium details in Madden 360, including everything from random moss-covered sewer drains to functional scoreboards to the actual views from any seat in the stadium (complete with thousands of 3D fans). That's right, if you have a season ticket, you can actually find your seat and compare views. It's that realistic. As is the new lighting, weather, and time of day features. Time of day now updates after every play instead of every quarter, and the dynamic weather will drop rain and snow as the climate changes, changing the intensity throughout the game.

And if you were worried about current-gen features and gameplay controls not making it into the next-gen Madden, you can breathe a sigh of relief as everything from the Truck and Hit Stick to Vision and Precision Passing are in the game. The only difference is that the Vision Cones will now be optional and turned off at default, but you will still be able to utilize the precision passing (throwing high, low, left, right) without the cones.

With the most intense player models we've ever seen, from the scar on Shaun Alexander's chin down to the red in Ricky Williams' eyes (okay, he's the Visine Ricky with white eyes, but I couldn't resist), Madden is a system seller, no doubt, and it looks like EA Sports is doing everything to make sure that Madden's not just an afterthought of people buying the system, but a reason to buy the system outright.

Money talks, and right about now, Madden is yelling louder than just about any other game out there..

check these ones out

http://palgn.com.au/media.php?id=3172

the 1st one of the falcons lining up the best i have seen so far

OMG - i reckon i will be buying an xbox 360

when u look at these i dont wanna wait an extra 6-8months for ps3

will get xbox360, then trade that in when ps3 is out - my stance at the moment

Ill play it cool and play the waiting game... for the next 2 years until the PS3 slips under the 599 NZ mark... or if I get a sudden increase in cash flow - whatevre comes first.

My Guess is the X-Box 360 will be Summer 06 and the PS3 either December 06 or Januray 07.

apparantly no later than march 2006

2 months the rest of planet

we are last, but not too far behind

defiantely thinking of getting on board

i couldnt handle seeing this madden and tiger woods go untouched until ps3

mmm, Im a poor plum picker at the moment and have no real reason to get the inferior 360 apart from the fact it comes out first, meh.

Woah, just noticed a cheapshot against Kurt Warner in that IGN Preview, somebody pass me my Baseball Bat, im gonna pay a little visit to IGN HQ...

Latest posts