• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Bus

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 29 2006, 12:12 PM
Cant you do world cups as well as clubs in PES and FIFA on the ps2 and xbox? where are those games now? Now they hav taunts and tricks!? I suppose that warrants a new feature.

This game sounds crap too, now that people hav played it and its not a PES beater after all, it will only appeal to soccer fan. I hate soccer, but i play games like PES for their deapth. Doing world cups over and over just seems silly without having seasons in between.
no its not just the world cup finals

u do everything, from oceania qualifying to play-off with other regions

ie when u start as aussie or NZ, u play vanuatu, fiji and what not, then when u win u play 5th ranked south america - the if u win that u go onto germany

so its more in depth world cup than pes and fifa............approx 125 international teams - all got anthems - and i must say are very impressive........the anthems really add a special touch to the game

the presentation is awesome - really sets the scene, and i have only now realised how plain and bad the pes commentary is - as i said this is my first crack at soccer that wasnt konami since world cup 1998 - so the commentary to me, is bloody brilliant in fifa world cup.

also one thing i forgot to add - u can set the controls to PES controls

sounds like EA know the benchmark soccer game, and let u mirror the controls to pes - this was special to me, coz i didnt have to learn new controls

it is a decent soccer ***le - but no pes beater - it will tie me over until pes, plus i got it for $90.00 ($30.00 off RRP, should NOT be over $100.00 anyways coz its a gimmic world cup ***le), and not too mention - us aussies are going to be soccer nuts in a few weeks, and i get to stuck in with my own game (as i've never played in real life), and i wont be turning on the ps2 until sidhe's melbourne cup

if u could chuck in the PES gameplay/ball physics/animation into this FIFA you would get a 10/10 game regardless of the depth - sound and presentation is bloody awesome

it aint special - it aint bad - for soccer fans who arent prepared to wait for the full FIFA's and PES - its a goer.

Sounds fair enough, but i will never buy a soccer game that dosent hav the club comp. Playing world cups over and over has no appeal, even if you can do all the qualifying. I not a soccer fan so i guess i can wait until pes. Im still playing madden on the 360, am in the 5th year of my franchise, hav won the bowl once. Its actulally not that bad once you get the hang of player morale, and the difficulty level is amazingly customizable so it never gets too easy or too tough.

Is [whatever stadium New Zealand plays in] in it?

If it's not, then I'm not buying this game.

well after more extended play its gotton better

i have found the camera angle that owns all

DYNAMIC

i started on broadcast, but it was too far away - despite the full zooming in adjustment by myself

i had what seemd no control in the box at broadcast - i couldnt gauge the deopth of the field

now we on DYNAMIC - which is 95% PES side view - and the control is now there and i am scoring some beautys, and defending with more ability and control

i can also now aim in the top bins of the net, or pick a side i wish to beat the keeper on - pure class

another thing i like - the randomness of the goals - i havent really scored the same type of goals - like PES most goals are all different, and there are no hot spots - which was a FIFA disease prior to 2006

it doesnt have the thrill and excitment of PES, as u cant turn a team from minnows to barrucudas

But it does have the air fisting moments - where u have been rewarded for great attack and score goals u intended too

For everyone on here i'd rent it first and see how it goes - i am satisfied, but if i didnt find this new camera angle it would only get multiplayer action...this camera angle has extended the single player experience - but as its soo close to call, its not a killer ***le, but it is the best soccer game on the 360, and it is the world cup year, so the hype n presentation with this game will distract you from its few issues (these issues arent big....its just if ur a seasoned PES player, you will find issues with this, like the ball physics are no where near as good as PES), but once the world cup is over and the FIFA and PES ***le come flooding in, this game will hit the backburner - a perfect trade in ***le for the PES/FIFA killers later in 2006/2007.

Graphics - 8.5/10 - best looking soccer game ever - its is the 360 FFS
Sound - 9/10 - best sounding sports game of all time
Gameplay - 7.5/10 - the balls physics really kill, what is a mirrored PES gameplay and button interface - ie u can do the same things in PES and use the same buttons
Longevity - 6/10 - only international teams, u have over 220 objectives, but half of them mean u have to do the world cup campaign over 7 times, with different teams/regions - which really is doing the same thing over n over
Overall - 8/10 - a good soccer ***le, a great world cup ***le, a great multiplayer ***le, if it had domestic teams and modes it would get close to a 9.

**keep in mind i wouldnt rate any PES ***le less than an 8.5**

I wont play this single player as long as i did with any PES ***le, but this will get the multiplayer action all the way until the first 360PES hits the shelves.

I havent played any FIFA ***le properly(only in shops) since world cup 1998 - so it would be interesting to see how the FIFA fellas compare this to FIFA06

Latest posts