• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox wireless pc controller help!

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

I had two controllers for the pc to play Rugby 08 and both of them were great until the wire broke same problem with both. So I decided to spring for the Xbox wireless pc controller. It works fine. The only problem is the button configuration. It's awful having to press start to sprint! Does anyone know how to reconfigure the buttons on the controller or in the game itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I cant think of a username @ Dec 11 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had two controllers for the pc to play Rugby 08 and both of them were great until the wire broke same problem with both. So I decided to spring for the Xbox wireless pc controller. It works fine. The only problem is the button configuration. It's awful having to press start to sprint! Does anyone know how to reconfigure the buttons on the controller or in the game itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers[/b]
Well I don't know about actually being of any help but I too brought a 360 controller, installed the software and just ran the game. The button config is'nt perfect but its good enough to play and the sprint button for me is the RT, start is pause and I did'nt do anything to get that configuration?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grubby @ Dec 13 2009, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I cant think of a username @ Dec 11 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers[/b]
Well I don't know about actually being of any help but I too brought a 360 controller, installed the software and just ran the game. The button config is'nt perfect but its good enough to play and the sprint button for me is the RT, start is pause and I did'nt do anything to get that configuration?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah when I first put in the controller I thought RT was sprint maybe I was just imagining that haha. But believe playin with start as sprint is impossible. Any other config would be fine. I'm gonna try reinstall but am not very confident so if anyone else has any other solutions I'd be delighted to hear them

To be honest I feel that a Xbox controller should only be used on a Xbox as one gets a few button configuration problems with some of the PC games, I know some games like PES are configured to work with a Xbox controller but not so with Rugby.

I'm using a Logitech Rumble Pad 2(wired) and it works like a dream with Rugby 08 and 06 and with most other games(especially sport games).Which controller did you have before you bought the Xbox controller?

Download a free programme called xpadder. It lets you assign any keyboard key to any button of your choice on your control pad. So the game thinks you are using the keyboard to control the players but, since you have assigned the keyboard keys to the control pad buttons, you're actually use the control pad. So, for example, whatever key on the keyboard is sprint, assign that to the button/trigger of your choice on the control pad.

That's probably a terrible explanation - it's a bit difficult to describe. If you download it, it's pretty straight-forward to figure out.

Hope that helps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 13 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be honest I feel that a Xbox controller should only be used on a Xbox as one gets a few button configuration problems with some of the PC games, I know some games like PES are configured to work with a Xbox controller but not so with Rugby.

I'm using a Logitech Rumble Pad 2(wired) and it works like a dream with Rugby 08 and 06 and with most other games(especially sport games).Which controller did you have before you bought the Xbox controller?[/b]

To be honest I don't know the name of the controller at all. I bought two of them very cheap in GAME and they worked great for ages but now the wires on them are completely wrecked on the inside though I probably will get someone who knows what they're doing there to have a look at them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 13 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Download a free programme called xpadder. It lets you assign any keyboard key to any button of your choice on your control pad. So the game thinks you are using the keyboard to control the players but, since you have assigned the keyboard keys to the control pad buttons, you're actually use the control pad. So, for example, whatever key on the keyboard is sprint, assign that to the button/trigger of your choice on the control pad.

That's probably a terrible explanation - it's a bit difficult to describe. If you download it, it's pretty straight-forward to figure out.

Hope that helps.[/b]

Thanks for that but I'm still having some problems using xpadder. Some of the functions just don't work for example I want to use right trigger to sprint but it just won't seem to do it. On the other hand using Y to kick does. Can't figure out why this is. The start button on Xbox controller was sprint but I was able to change that to pause. I'll mess around with it some more but if anyone thinks they know where I'm going wrong....

Well if you have some extra money to spend, maybe try and get yourself the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 Wireless controller, you won't be disappointed!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 14 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well if you have some extra money to spend, maybe try and get yourself the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 Wireless controller, you won't be disappointed![/b]

Well that would make buying the Xbox controller a bit of a waste!

Think I've figured out the problem. Xpadder assigns the buttons to the keypad functions only for navigating the menus, but not for the actual game itself. That's the problem, fixing it is another matter entirely. Any ideas?

Latest posts