• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox360 or PS3

Most save game files are very small. And if its the new version of the 360, all the software updates will be there already.

Problem will be with downloadable content for certain games. But you can buy standard memory keys and format them for the 360 (never done it myself but I hear it's straightforward).

I've seen the offer I imagine you're looking at and it's really good. You can sort out memory problems fairly easily I imagine when it comes about.

4GB is way too small.. with the 4GB you cant play some of reach features, you cant install games to HDD to reduce the racket which is known as the DVD drive.. and MS havent released their new proprietry HDD's in the UK or Ireland yet.. so really if any 360 get the decent HDD sized slim.

Possibly, as above you can save anything to USB memory sticks or portable harddrives, but it might be worth getting the one with a bigger harddrive to start off with, just to cut down on faffing around with excess memory storage things

4gb is more than enough for all your save files and a few demos (a demo is usually 1gbish, and a save game is like 500kb-2mb) - Installing games to your harddrive could be a problem, but i've not really come across many games to want you to do that (Forza 3 being the notable exception)

Yeah.. definatly if the slim DVD drive is as loud as the old ones.. it sounds like a plane is taking off in your room (slight exageration :p) Imo its best to save all games to HDD.. it reduces noise and load times.

All in all Munster I'd go for a PS3 - Far better. Halo is SHITE but made many 'console users' aware of FPS games (much like Third world African provinces getting bread and moderately clean water, but unbeknown to them, that existed LONG AGO). Your good ol' PC is the best format for FPS games. FACT ;) - YOU CAN'T TEACH YOUR FATHER HOW TO F**K!

Back onto consoles though... I've had both and prefer the PS3 (and don't own a single Bluray film). Not had many problems with PS3 (not enough to comment on) and loving it. Saying that not had many problems with Xbox360 either but couldn't be assed to keep them both on so gave Xbox to my nephew.

If you can't afford a PS3 then go for Xbox as they are nearly comparable in SOME ways. Plus an Xbox is priced at a normal Saturday night out on the razz so thats a bargain not ****** up against a wall...

Last edited:
Cheers lads will let ye know which 1 I finally decide on when I eventually decide

Ha was thinking that to Olyy :D

Anyone know in euro how much or where I can check the prices for online with xbox

PS3 mate, complete smorgasbord of ***les, better first party support, free online, an ever growing and vastly improving service.

Xbox are good, just not as good. ;)

PS3s are overpriced dogshite. Like everything else Sony produces. End of.

Yeah.. definatly if the slim DVD drive is as loud as the old ones.. it sounds like a plane is taking off in your room (slight exageration :p) Imo its best to save all games to HDD.. it reduces noise and load times.

I've upgraded to a Slim, it's much quieter, even without a game being installed.

I think I'm going to chance an Xbox 360 250GB but anyone know in € how much it is a month for online

PS3s are overpriced dogshite. Like everything else Sony produces. End of.

hahah for the price now they have loads of features and are more than worth it imo..

Oh another possative for the PS3 OP is its gonna be supported untill around 2016/17 with PS4 being out probs 2015 or w/e compared to MS who will probs drop support for the 360 as soon as their next console is out

Hehe - I do partially agree with Bullitt, PS3's are overpriced but that's cos of its bluray. The PS4 apparently won't have bluray. And I definitely agree most Sony 'other' stuff is overpriced shite.

Based on it does have bluray maybe spending that extra bit of cash would be worth it Munster, as you sound like a casual gamer and the bluray entertainment could add to it's worth for you (unless you already have a standalone bluray player).

You won't be disappointed in whatever choice you make. For me consoles are a convenient means to play high def games with good to great framerates without having to worry about upgrading your PC (PC is my choice everytime when possible). The reason I stuck with PS3 was because the majority of my buddies had one so more online play with mates. You should take that into consideration too. There seems to be more people on this forum with Xboxs thans PS3s tho.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how valuable shopping around can be. :) (I went to Play for the easy € conversion.)

Latest posts