• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

XV of your lifetime (makes your age obvious lol)

I'm not considering any argentine players to eliminate bias.

1. Os
2. Marx or du Plessis
3. Hayman
4. Victor
5. Botha (i believe it is essential to have the pair here)
6. David P
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
9. Cant believe i'm saying this but probably du Preez (my heart would say Joost or Gregan)
10. Carter
11. Lomu
12. I'd say Nonu but this is a very contested spot. All on their best day i'd probably pick Manu.
13. Danie Gerber
14. Kolbe (i feel bad for not picking Kirwan).
15. Cullen

1. Os
2. Marx or du Plessis
3. Hayman
4. Victor
6. David P
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
9. Cant believe i'm saying this but probably du Preez (my heart would say Joost or Gregan)
10. Carter
11. Lomu
12. I'd say Nonu but this is a very contested spot. All on their best day i'd probably pick Manu.
13. Danie Gerber
15. Cullen
Basically an All Black/Springbok XV minus Pocock haha. Kolbe over Habana?????
Out of interest who'd be in your All-time Argentina XV? Is Porta or Sanchez?

Those forwards could bully around any other pack and you'd have smilie Richie to smooth the yellow card count with the ref. It's the perfect crime.

I considered Habana but he was more a 11, not 14 and i can't think of anyone i'd place over Lomu there. If i can switch 11's to 14's, i might put Joe Rokocoko though not sure.
I really like what Kolbe brings to the table. If you gave Habana an inch, he would kill you. Kolbe is capable of creating the inch for himself. And defensively, i'd pick Kolbe over Habana any day, which is odd given his size. His work rate for a winger is phenomenal.

I did notice i had no French, Australians, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

But where am i going to put people like Serge Blanco or Phillip Sella when i have Gerber and Cullen?
It actually made me think how Australia has 'very few' outstanding players. Their strength has been having very good people in every position and combining them appropriately. And being tactically smart.
Wales has a bit of this too.

I could squeeze in Itoje, but i'd rather have that dr Jekyll and mr hyde thing that the two south africans bring to the table. I wouldn't have a problem switching Wilkinson for Carter, but i think Carter fits this team better. If i had a more defensive team i'd probably pick Wilkinson. Tactically, i think Sexton is the best fly-half i have ever seen. A genius.
But he doesn't have the execution Carter has. He's not bad by any means, but he's not a freak like Carter and his kicking game is good but not great.

As much enjoyed Gavving hastings i cant put him ahead of Cullen.
And as much as i like O'driscol, i'd rather have Danie. I actually considered, a lot, putting Darcy as 12. He is imo one of the most underrated players ever.

Funny enough, if i was forced to replace Cullen i would probably pick Ben Smith. He didnt have Cullen's speed or flair but could not only do anything and everything, but also well. Maybe i am being unfair with Bauden. I see a lot of Cullen in him.

Those forwards could bully around any other pack and you'd have smilie Richie to smooth the yellow card count with the ref. It's the perfect crime.

I considered Habana but he was more a 11, not 14 and i can't think of anyone i'd place over Lomu there. If i can switch 11's to 14's, i might put Joe Rokocoko though not sure.
I really like what Kolbe brings to the table. If you gave Habana an inch, he would kill you. Kolbe is capable of creating the inch for himself. And defensively, i'd pick Kolbe over Habana any day, which is odd given his size. His work rate for a winger is phenomenal.

I did notice i had no French, Australians, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

But where am i going to put people like Serge Blanco or Phillip Sella when i have Gerber and Cullen?
It actually made me think how Australia has 'very few' outstanding players. Their strength has been having very good people in every position and combining them appropriately. And being tactically smart.
Wales has a bit of this too.

I could squeeze in Itoje, but i'd rather have that dr Jekyll and mr hyde thing that the two south africans bring to the table. I wouldn't have a problem switching Wilkinson for Carter, but i think Carter fits this team better. If i had a more defensive team i'd probably pick Wilkinson. Tactically, i think Sexton is the best fly-half i have ever seen. A genius.
But he doesn't have the execution Carter has. He's not bad by any means, but he's not a freak like Carter and his kicking game is good but not great.

As much enjoyed Gavving hastings i cant put him ahead of Cullen.
And as much as i like O'driscol, i'd rather have Danie. I actually considered, a lot, putting Darcy as 12. He is imo one of the most underrated players ever.

Funny enough, if i was forced to replace Cullen i would probably pick Ben Smith. He didnt have Cullen's speed or flair but could not only do anything and everything, but also well. Maybe i am being unfair with Bauden. I see a lot of Cullen in him.
Yeah fair point about the Wallabies. I love Giteau though. He's such a playmaker, makes the game exciting. Are you from Argentina? What's the SIC vs CASI derby like? I had a friend that went to it. Said it was a good atmosphere. Btw Carter is far better than Wilkinson

1. Os
2. Marx or du Plessis
3. Hayman
4. Victor
6. David P
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
10. Carter
11. Lomu
13. Danie Gerber
15. Cullen
Come on throw in Juan Manuel Leguizamon

My all time xv ( not necessarily the best but players that I like)

1. Os du randt
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Adam jones
4 Botha
5. Eales
6. Jean Pierre Rives
7. Kronfeld
8. Zinfandel Brooke

9. Joost
10. Wilkinson
11. Lomu
12.Lima