• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yet Another Exclusive - E3 Screenshots -RWC 2011

I am just confused as to the lack of communication? Why not just release some clear info regarding the game details? Is 2 months ahead to early? A lot of the negative comments are a result of potential clients getting frustrated with the bizarre methods from HB? It baffles me that you release a new product and refuse to try and market it to it's maximum potential? TRF also has to sit with the effects of this? It makes very little sense. I can't remember when last i have had to wait for trivial info regarding the release of a anticipated game. It feels like they are doing us a favour by giving us scraps when we are actually the customers......the people that will pay at the end of the day. Weird in my opinion...

Couldn't agree more bullman...unfortunately its probably a bad sign and means they don't have anything great to show. Its starting to smell like a dead dog.

These pictures were probaly taken like a month ago? Since they would have to get every one's permission and if some one disagreed they would have to start the whole process again of releasing pictures.

Right so many quotes on this looks so much like 08 and 06

Can someone please show me where 08 or 06 look this good?

Anybody wanting to compare?

Still not very eye catching. At the moment from what has been shown, Sidhe are definitely in the lead.

like for like images please, preferably the promo images used for rugby 08 for the last world cup!!!

You have to admit that the screens look awfully familiar to anyone who has played R08, the player positioning and team formation are identical to how they would have looked in R08. And with the exception of online play, HB don't appear to have given us any reason to feel very positive about what they will be releasing.

I used to think like you Iverson, that we must support whatever HB put out to encourage future development, but I suspect that the rugby game buying public is only big enough to support one "Franchise". I now reckon that one developer is best, because they will not have to compete for the licenses we all crave.

My hope is that one of these games is successful enough to keep the developers making more, and I have to say at this point, I would be a lot happier with Sidhe winning out simply because of their enthusiasm, engagement with their customers and attention to detail.

I also feel that an NZ based publisher would put more future development into their product, it is obvious that HB are a fantastic developer when you look at their bread and butter products (Fifa, NBA etc). But this same level of detail has always been lacking from their rugby ***les.

I guess rugby 08 on my ps3 with online play would be fine, I loved rugby 08 and played it to death, and that is the problem, I think I've already played this game... for years. (And yes, I base that on the meager evidence of the 5 screens I've seen) I will probably buy it if that turns out to be the case. But I don't think people are wrong to expect more out of these guys, nor do I think they are wrong to be disappointed at the glimpse we have seen so far.

We know they are capable of producing the same jaw dropping graphics as Sidhe, but they haven't. And if they can't put their full effort into rugby games, I'm glad that there is a challenger that appears to be doing exactly that.

Well here's living proof that I don't just criticise anyone who disagrees with me. This is a pretty well thought out and well explained reasoning of a point of view. I totally understand, but still think Rugby is big enough that if these games came out in alternating years, people would buy both.

Although straight away I realise that'd never happen. Each developer would be too worried about having their audience stolen in the intervening years. :lol:

You make a good point on licensing also, I'd soon get sick of seeing a half and half thing going on. Although having a really good editor goes a long way.

Especially is you can design and edit your own team logos, sponsors and so on, then I'd spend years trying to design the aviva premiership lol

to note in regards to expansion... if they have a massive success with this game, which is likely with the RWC. Then who's to say that they don't go all FIFA and start buying all the licenses up of major tournaments to make their ***le the first "fully" licensed game. They would be able to live off a budget that could be self preservating with the giant increase in popularity in the sport!

to note in regards to expansion... if they have a massive success with this game, which is likely with the RWC. Then who's to say that they don't go all FIFA and start buying all the licenses up of major tournaments to make their ***le the first "fully" licensed game. They would be able to live off a budget that could be self preservating with the giant increase in popularity in the sport!

Thumbs up to that thought!

Right so many quotes on this looks so much like 08 and 06

Can someone please show me where 08 or 06 look this good?

Anybody wanting to compare?

It's the 08 Engine topped with 3D crowds and probably HD jerseys.

rugby_screen%209--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

v4yszq.png
First one look familiar?

Hell you still have the terrible whole team chases the ball carrier in blob effect.
Rugby 08 came out in 2007 based on the same engine they used for 06.

It's 2011 and your telling me that your impressed where 4 years of knowledge of that engine has gone?

To compare it to Sidhe's last outings.

1897-1.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

rugbychallenge07.jpg

Be honest here. Who has shown graphic progression in their games?

It's the 08 Engine topped with 3D crowds and probably HD jerseys.

View attachment 892

View attachment 893
First one look familiar?

Hell you still have the terrible whole team chases the ball carrier in blob effect.
Rugby 08 came out in 2007 based on the same engine they used for 06.

It's 2011 and your telling me that your impressed where 4 years of knowledge of that engine has gone?

To compare it to Sidhe's last outings.

View attachment 894

View attachment 896

View attachment 897

Be honest here. Who has shown graphic progression in their games?

Be honest here? Who are you accusing of dishonesty?

No-one has denied that the visual evidence to date presents a much better case for Sidhe's Rugby ***le graphically.

What was asked was for someone to prove that the current HB shots are inferior or of the same level as Rugby '08. You have just shown that they are somewhat improved. Not greatly, but they are not the "PS1" quality graphics some of you were claiming. :D

I am just confused as to the lack of communication? Why not just release some clear info regarding the game details? Is 2 months ahead to early? A lot of the negative comments are a result of potential clients getting frustrated with the bizarre methods from HB? It baffles me that you release a new product and refuse to try and market it to it's maximum potential? TRF also has to sit with the effects of this? It makes very little sense. I can't remember when last i have had to wait for trivial info regarding the release of a anticipated game. It feels like they are doing us a favour by giving us scraps when we are actually the customers......the people that will pay at the end of the day. Weird in my opinion...

exactly. its just strange really, not good or bad or in between.. strange. This is a great post, because it makes the most sense to an objective person. a lot of argument and debate is a result of potential customers who have become restless, and a lot could be defused i'm sure with a simple, unrevealing post from somebody important who reads these (developers).

it would be great for hb studios to promote their product not because we need more info, but for the franchise to have a better opportunity to grow. this is my opinion, and i think it is at least somewhat sensible.

better but nothing special

R11_E3_2011_003.jpg

Just read that article on lazygamer and its given me more hope. i like the idea of choosing the extra time or goal kicking shootout at the end of normal time.

please can some one post the new screen from lazygamer?

Gameplay wise, 505 have introduced a lot of new features. These include shoulder charging, hand-offs, more complex side stepping, throwing a dummy and if you are feeling adventurous, even spear tackling your opponent. Also new this year is the option of extra time and sudden death modes. If you have finished the game and it is a draw, the game will give you the option of extra time, then sudden death and if the game still hasn’t been decided, a place kick shootout will decide your teams fate.

So side stepping will be done similar to Madden i presumed by using the left stick. Spear tackling to replace the ridiculous clothesline illegal hit then. Everything else has been a feature that was present in 08.

As I mentioned above, the gameplay is about 100 times faster than any other rugby ***le. It moves so well and you are going to have to get a few practice sessions in just to hang onto the ball at the higher difficulty sets.

That worries me. 08 is already a ridiculous fast paced game slow isn't something id associate it. On the plus side that could mean you could finally see quick ruck ball which would be a god send. Just hope that speed is relational to peoples attributes nothing worse in 08 is being run down by a prop when your a winger.

Latest posts