• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yet more poor inconsistenmt and bias refereeing by Wayne Barnes

The maker of the video conveniently left out the penalty Rhys Webb gave away for going off his feet to protect the ball. Was fairly similar to Sexton's and definitely a penalty. Doesn't fit his agenda, so of course it isn't included.

Meh. In the modern game you can make an edited video say anything you like by cherry picking the bits that support your view. That video is no more credible than the sad efforts of butthurt French fans who claim Joubert was biased in 2011.

Lydney realised that they had been too generous to antipodean rugby having given you the Bledisloe cup, so gave you Wayne Barnes just to redress the balance!

Finally, I have it in writing, I knew it, I knew it, it's a conspiracy I tell YOU !!!
I'm off to the Ombudsman.

- - - Updated - - -

you europeans spend a lot of time whining about officiating. Some refs are more accurate than others, but 90% of the time their mistakes balance out. Some good, some bad for both sides. The thought that WB was biased against Ireland or his officiating affected the outcome is comical. Wales had two yellows. Ireland had none. That is all.

Hah Hah, Oh the irony, we are being told off about whining... by a Yank. haw haw haw
I love it. This place is Gold.

It's true though, what you say... all referees have off days (except Steve Walsh who is a legend with perfect hair)
Sometimes it 'appears' they have their off days against your favourite team but by and large it's not the case.
The only questionable performance I have in my memory is the picture of a smiling Derek Bevan a he received his fat Golden pay off/watch from a gurning Louis Luyt.

Just seen Nigel Owens on BBC Question of Sport.......would not mind having a pint with him!

Seems like really good guy!!!

Mind you so does Jiffy!!!!

Last edited:
Meh. In the modern game you can make an edited video say anything you like by cherry picking the bits that support your view. That video is no more credible than the sad efforts of butthurt French fans who claim Joubert was biased in 2011.

I completely agree with this, I can not believe the extent of which some people have gone to take the blame away from their team and pour it on to Barnes.

I completely agree with this, I can not believe the extent of which some people have gone to take the blame away from their team and pour it on to Barnes.
This, I though Barnes was fairly reasonable personally but even the perceived flaws are not the reason why Ireland lost the game. There are plenty of things you can point to that were in Ireland's fault to why they lost.

Finally, I have it in writing, I knew it, I knew it, it's a conspiracy I tell YOU !!!
I'm off to the Ombudsman.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah Hah, Oh the irony, we are being told off about whining... by a Yank. haw haw haw
I love it. This place is Gold.

It's true though, what you say... all referees have off days (except Steve Walsh who is a legend with perfect hair)
Sometimes it 'appears' they have their off days against your favourite team but by and large it's not the case.
The only questionable performance I have in my memory is the picture of a smiling Derek Bevan a he received his fat Golden pay off/watch from a gurning Louis Luyt.

Do we "yanks" have a reputation for whining? I did not know that. I thought we had a reputation for being fat self-centered know-it-alls (all true), but not whiners. Interesting.

Do we "yanks" have a reputation for whining? I did not know that. I thought we had a reputation for being fat self-centered know-it-alls (all true), but not whiners. Interesting.

yeah, whiney is not something i'd associate with Americans (apart from the new york accent)

Latest posts