15.mcdonald

16.somerville
17.oliver
18.flavell
19.masoe
20.weepu
21.mcallistair
22.toeava

for the props i have chosen dermody of the highlanders...all i get from afoa is alot of knock ons and a whole bag of unnecessary penalties from tialata..if anything saimone tamoepeau is light years ahead of both of them..he plays both sides of the scrum and can cover hooker..he is much more athletic then the two..he just hasnt had game time to show it,but clarke dermody is just a solid footballer..a coaches player who does his work,with woodcock and hayman healthy and somerville recovering you dont need anything else really...
its a toss up with the locks,rawlinson being so solid right now..i think that the allblack panel will stay loyal to the players they put on recondition..but i also believe they should pick a few players who are in form..and rawlinson is one..the other is david smith..now i rant on and on about him but he justifys that in a such a pathetic performing team..to be honest,if he was in the crusaders or the blues he would be one or if not the leading try scorer in this tournament..but even with what he has to deal with down in welly,he has done quite well for himself...we got the wingers we need..they are among the best finishers in the world and the best attacking players...we can breed the future at that sametime with bringing david in to shock the world...he brings a breathe of fresh air to the game...he adds different dimensions to nz rugby..plus we have mills who can wing as well if anything goes bad...
dan carter is the man...best 10..he has back up with luke and aaron and mcdonald...i dont think we need that much more of a clogging..evans is great but we have survived without him for the past 4 years with henry in charge...a few tests here and there sure..but the luke,mauger and macdonald have had a few more tests here and there..

now that darn centre spot...heres hoping umaga does the miracle return to help the ab's..lets be honest,he is quite capable of doing so and i hope he does...if not then his spot will go to conrad smith..who hasnt had the best of seasons so far...mills and leon are too good to leave out of the all blacks!...id love to see mills don that 13 jersey..toeava has the future of that written all over him but with experience and being one of the best backs going around..you got to give it to mills...and plus with mcdonald at the back its a really solid looking defending unit...one place we suffered in the past 2 world cups..toeava would be the ideal bench player..not a mother f***ing maa nonu..toeava is slowly coming to terms with what nonu can offer with ball in hand...those bumping runs and inside cuts..ice can do them too and he can offload better and once he masters that..buh bye nonu..up to the north you go...

and to help carter out..there is a wealth of kickers in the team..mcalistair,mauger,macdonald,weepu

...well see anyway,we still got trinations and a few tests between

GO THE ALL BLACKS!

Unless Rawlinson blows a knee or starts to suck between now and July 22nd I can't see him not making the cut for lock, Robinson has been injured and hasn't really impressed this year while Rawlinson is in hot form, and has played in more All Black tests recently (Robinson only played one or two on the end of year tour didn't he, apart from that I don't think he's done sweet jack all in the Black Jersey since 2004), and I forgot about Dermody, if it wasnt for Tialatas abiltiy to play both sides of the scrum, and the fact the Brains trust seem to have picked him more I would definatly have him ahead of the strangler.

yer, Tialatas ability to play both sides of the scrum make him much more favourable for the prop spot.
I've never seen Taumoepeau play both sides of the scrum.. Is he just as good on the other side?

I think Toeava should be given some more experience with the centre spot in the upcoming internationals before the RWC.. He has shown he's the man for the job, and it may help him with some form for the RWC..

In other news, K. Pierterson and I. Bell are building a promising partnership in their Super 8's match against Australia.

Greg Sommerville covers both sides of the scrum as well, provided he's healthy.

Wallaby RWC squad:

Props:
Greg Holmes, Benn Robinson, Rodney Blake, Guy Shepherdson

Hookers:
Adam Freier, Jeremy Paul, Stephen Moore

Locks:
Nathan Sharpe, Hugh McMeniman, Dan Vickerman, Mark Chisolm

Back rowers:
George Smith, Phil Waugh, Wycliff Palu, John Roe, David Pocock

Scrumhalf:
George Gregan, Sam Cordingley

Flyhalf:
Stephen Larkham, Sam Norton-Knight

Centres:
Matt Giteau, Stirling Mortlock, Scott Staniforth, Julian Huxley

Wingers:
Lote Tuqiri, Drew Mitchell, Mark Gerrard, Clyde Rathbone

Fullback:
Chris Latham, Cameron Shepherd

Wallaby 22:

1. Greg Holmes
2. Jeremy Paul
3. Guy Shepherdson
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Hugh McMeniman
7. George Smith
8. Wycliff Palu
9. George Gregan ©
10. Stephen Larkham
11. Cameron Shepherd
12. Matt Giteau
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Clyde Rathbone
15. Chris Latham

16. Stephen Moore
17. Rodney Blake
18. Mark Chisolm
19. Phil Waugh
20. Sam Cordingley
21. Julian Huxley
22. Lote Tuqiri

Hookers: John Smit and Gary Botha
Props: Steenkamp, BJ Botha, Mujati and Os du Randt
Second Row: Bakkies Botha, Victor Matfield, Dannie Rossouw and one of the Johans
Back Row: Juan Smith, Schalk Burger, Luke Watson, Kabamba Floors, Pierre Spies and Aj Venter
Scrummies: Fourie Du Preez and Ruan Pienaar(utility back) Enrico Janurie
Fly Halfs: Andre Pretorius and Butch James
Centres: Jaques Fourie, Bradley Barrit, Jean de Villiers, Wyland Olivier
Wingers: Bryan Habana, Jp Pietersen and one of the Ndunganes
Fullbacks: Percy Montgomery and Francois Steyn

I just think this would allow for different styles of play against different opposition and allows for more flair. This is on mostly super 14's form, "mostly"

backup players i would have Bobby, Kankwoski, Phil Burger, Ludik, VD Linde, Chilliboy, Jaco Pretorius, Adries Bekker... and some others

This is my unlikely starting XV

1.Steenkamp
2.Smit
3.BJ
4.Matfield
5.Bakkies
6.Burger
7.Watson
8.Smith
9.Du Preez
10.Pretorius
11.JP/JDV
12.Barrit
13.Fourie
14.Habana
15.Steyn

Welcome to TRF Fokkenkak, and an excellent username too.

Pretty much a very good squad there, pretty close to my thinking too. Only big difference in my starting XV would be Pierre Spies at 8, with Juan Smith at 7 in place of Lucky Luke, who actually won`t make my squad- even as a Stormers fan.

I just think he would give us a bit more flair there with Burger to fetch all day. I think if Bobby keeps his performances like he played against the Reds (a weak team but still) then he could be pushing for inclusion, he would add some power and experience in there.

I think when a kicking game is not a good idea i would maybe slip Butch into number 10 or at least give him some decent game time. Its a shame we have all this quota kak flying about.

Ja well, I just think that Luke`s comments last year will have a demoralising effect on squad morale. I certainly wouldn`t want to go to war with a bloke who doesn`t rate me, and proudly proclaims this to every fkn newspaper he can. Awesome player though.

On the quota kak, you`ve got Steenkamp, Habana, JP, January, Mujati, Floors and a Ndungane twin or 2 in your squad already- all merit selections IMO- although I`d rather have CJ V D Linde to cover both 1 and 3, and will also have a couple of others(Chilliboy etc.), so that`s more than the requirement already made up, and strictly on merit IMO. But yeah, that`s a whole different debate.

Bobby`s been looking pretty good his last few games, and I also rate Heinke V D Merwe of the Lions- he might just be a possible bolter if he continues his current form. But he`ll have to displace either Guthro or Os to get in- highly unlikely, but I`d have him as backup too. A couple of others who might be close to selection will be Waylon Murray and possibly even Hilton Lobberts, if he can recapture his u/21 form and leave his fkn Bulls aggro at home!

Umaga is to New Zealand what Phil Murphy is to Canada. Great players relative to their national teams but very small likelihood that they're going to come back to play rugby for them.

Props:
Tony Woodcock / Clarke Dermody / Carl Hayman / Neemia Tialata

Hookers:
Keven Mealamu / Anton Oliver / Andrew Hore

Locks:
Chris Jack / Ali Williams / Troy Flavell / Jason Eaton

Flankers:
Jerry Collins / Richie McCaw / Chris Masoe

No.8:
Rodney So'oialo / Mose Tuiali'i

Halfbacks:
Byron Kelleher / Piri Weepu / Jimmy Cowan

First 5/8:
Dan Carter / Nic Evans

Second 5/8:
Aaron Mauger / Luke McAlister

Centre:
Mils Muliaina / Isaia Toeava

Wings:
Joe Rokocoko / Sitiveni Sivivatu / Rico Gear / Doug Howlett

Fullback:
Leon McDonald

If I was coach ( :D ), I would go with this starting XV:

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Keven Mealamu
3. Carl Hayman
4. Chris Jack
5. Ali Williams
6. Troy Flavell
7. Richie McCaw [C]
8. Mose Tuiali'i
9. Piri Weepu
10. Dan Carter
11. Joe Rokocoko
12. Aaron Mauger
13. Isaia Toeava
14. Doug Howlett
15. Sitiveni Sivivatu

16. Neemia Tialata
17. Andrew Hore
18. Jason Eaton
19. Jerry Collins
20. Byron Kelleher
21. Luke McAlister
22. Mils Muliaina

FIJI

Props:
Joe Bale / Sikeli Gavidi / Ravuama Samo / Deacon Manu

Hookers:
Sunia Koto / Bill Gadolo / Apisai Turukawa

Locks:
Iferemi Rawaqa / Isoa Domolailai / Simon Raiwalui / Josefa Domolailai

Flankers:
Sisa Koyamaibole / Semisi Naevo / Aca Ratuva / Akapusi Qera / Apolosi Satala / Jone Qovu

Halfbacks:
Mosese Rauluni / Aporosa Vata / Jone Daunivucu

First 5/8:
Seremaia Bai / Joe Tora

Second 5/8:
Seru Rabeni / Lloyd Hazelman

Centre:
Kameli Ratuvou / Sireli Naqelevuki

Wings:
Rupeni Caucau / Sireli Bobo / Mosese Luveitasau / Sekove Leawere

Fullback:
Norman Ligairi / Josefa Satini

This would be my 30-man RWC squad

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Keven Mealamu
3. Carl Hayman
4. Chris Jack
5. Ali Williams
6. Jerry Collins
7. Richie McCaw [C]
8. Mose Tuiali'i
9. Piri Weepu
10. Dan Carter
11. Joe Rokocoko
12. Aaron Mauger
13. Isaia Toeava
14. Sitiveni Sivivatu
15. Mils Muliaina

16. Neemia Tialata
17. Andrew Hore
18. Troy Flavell
19. Chris Masoe
20. Byron Kelleher
21. Luke McAlister
22. Leon Mac Donald

23. Clark Dermody
24. Anton Oliver
25. Jason Eaton
26. Rodney So'oialo
27. Andy Ellis
28. Ma'a Nonu
29. Rico Gear
30. Doug Howlett

I think you'd find Sivi would be on the left, and Rokocoko on the right wing if they're both wingers.

Sommerville should be back come RWC? He should be highly ranked in terms of bench props. I rate him above all, and to top it off, he plays both sides. The perfect replacement prop.

lol Juggernaut, your All Blacks team is high in counter attack firepower.. I too would also like to see that team in action :D Mainly to see how the loose trio would work at the breakdowns etc..

Collins/McCaw/So'oialo trio have proven to be an awesome defensive unit, hopefully the others can keep up with that standard

lol Juggernaut, your All Blacks team is high in counter attack firepower.. I too would also like to see that team in action :D Mainly to see how the loose trio would work at the breakdowns etc..
[/b]

Add their defensive effort and they would be deadly.

Collins/McCaw/So'oialo trio have proven to be an awesome defensive unit, hopefully the others can keep up with that standard [/b]

And that standard is still the benchmark for most NZ loosies. But I only put Flavell & Tuiali'i names there because they have been the most consistent both in attack & defence.

Australia has a hell of a lot of injuries atm, but come WC time, and everone is fit, I would pick this starting 15

1. Holmes
2. Paul
3. Blake
4. McMeniman (Brings some hardness into the pack that sharpe lacks)
5. Vickerman
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Roe (I could have picked Palu, but they are both from losing provincial teams and to me roe has played better than him this season)
9. Gregan
10. Larkham
11. Shepherd
12. Giteau
13. Mortlock
14. Mitchell
15. Latham

<div class='quotemain'>
:huh: Wow...Deacon Manu a Fijian...interesting
[/b]

He qualifies through his mother who's Fijian.
[/b][/quote]

Yeha, but one question baffles me truly:

Why would you WANT Deacon Manu on your team?

The man can't scrummage to save his life.