• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Darkest Hour?

M

Mr. Laxative

We've had a post on great victories well how 'bout humiliating defeats that get the crowd annoyed and makes them 'booo'. Also red or yellow cards that have affected your patterns of play? A bit off topic but could u tell me whether players can get suspended in this game?
BTW - My most humiliating defeat was Brumbies (me) downed by Romania (AI). I suffered a lot of injuries and because u can't change players positions midmatch i had to make do with Beckett at fullback, Veratau at flyhalf and Henjak at inside centre.

it wasnt a bad loss for me, more fustrating. world league, i was the blues, got caucauinbuca a few games back, just got weepu to take over kicking duties, and for his first game it was againced the cats. we lost 32-5. things just went from bad to worse really, lossed alot of ball, passes never stuck, lineouts lost left right and centre (ok mabie not centre
<
) scrums lost, when i did get attacking opportunities a dropped pass stoped it, i was at the 5m line, knock on, cats player dived on the ball, try...

Losing to Australia 45-0 as the NZ Maori (on hard, 10 min halves).

And losing to Italy as All Blacks by 7 points (on hard, 10 min halves).

Losing to Italy humiliating, but losing to Oz as Maori - humiliating? Where were u playing that game?

Holding the All Blacks to 0-0 on hard with the British Lions and pressing their line, attempted a drop goal and missed. Their drop out goes wide to Howlett who takes it on the full, steps one player and fends Robinson to score a length of the field try under the posts in the 80th minute. Heart breake.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 25 2005, 02:36 PM
but losing to Oz as Maori - humiliating? Where were u playing that game?
It was the 45-0 scoreline which made it bad. It was played at Aussie Stadium.

Yep that's humiliating. Realisticly I wouldn't have expected Maori to win but to lose without scoring a point?

losing the first 5 world league matches anmd the realising all i needed to do was bash it up the middle
<

Shut up. I had been doing that just wasn't all that successful. I got too far with my forwards and then lose the ball. Shoulder + Fend with forward = 20 metres up the field and a turnover.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 26 2005, 08:46 AM
Shut up. I had been doing that just wasn't all that successful. I got too far with my forwards and then lose the ball. Shoulder + Fend with forward = 20 metres up the field and a turnover.
Nah
<
well it worked for me

losing to Italy 15-14 with Wales in the 6 nations, with bloody Wakarua scoring FIVE Drop Goals.

Yeah, when I lost to Italy with NZ it was because of 4 Wakarua drop goals to my try.

i neilly lost to ireland using wales

i sloted 2 drop goals near the end making it 6-0 then 2 mins to go BOD score a try carrying 2 players and bumping my fullback off all at the same time!

then at the restart the clock turned 80 mins so i decided to kick to their tryline blindside where my backs were and they were jogging lightly to dive on the ball...and who do you know thomas shanklin sprinting all the way past em without them knowing to dive on the ball bloody humiliating for the computer!

i love rugby 2005 mwa mwa!

I have lost to my friend in two games for awful reasons

Scotland (Me) 13 Ireland 14. I scored a last gasp try to get within a point, a simple conversion to win.....I double tapped the pad and the kick went miles wide
<

Scotland (Me) 0 Fiji 19. I was well and truly battered at home to Fiji, lowest of lows

Originally posted by ponty@Mar 26 2005, 10:01 PM
losing to Italy 15-14 with Wales in the 6 nations, with bloody Wakarua scoring FIVE Drop Goals.
It's not just Wakarua on my game then that slots drop goal after drop goal!
<
He constantly goes for them - so I swopped him with Orquera who goes for less!
<

lol....cant take the heat?....cant handle the jandle?....cant withstand the rumble in the jungle?

go see an accountant!...go see CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS at..............

I lost 9-7 to South Africa with France, I was 6-0 down until 79 minutes and 30 seconds when Michalak went over and Yachvilli converted, then loads of celebration cutscenes appeared so I presumed the game was over, left to get a drink, came back 10 seconds later to see South Africa winning the kick-off and slotting a drop goal.

Cup final in world league against Munster.

My team fall apart in the first half and I concede 2 trys & 2 penaltys in the first 25 mins. Bugger.

A classic case of whenever I do win the ruck (which happened 3 times in total), the SH throws the ball into the middle of the park.

Go in at the break with the score at 20-7 To munster.

Second half begins, I fail to recollect the kick off and Horgan races all the way to score another try. Much swearing eunsues. They miss the conversion. Slightly less swearing ensues.

Woohoo! Munster collapse a ruck! Someone (can't remember who) gets put in the Bin! I get a lineout on their 22. Howard to Grayson to Smith to O'Driscoll to Robinson... Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Scores back to 25-14

Smith collects the kickoff and races towards the halfway line. Crash ball up unto the 5m line beneith the sticks. Oh no... They turned the ruck.

*presses Alt*

Woohoo, turned back and no penalty! Johnny Howard picks up the ball and darts underneath the sticks. Easy conversion for Grayson.

25-21

Lord collects the kickoff and passes it to Lima who tears down the left wing and gets tackled. The ball is turned over and the Sh passes it out - Oh wait! O'Gara drops the ball!

Scrum to Northampton 10m's out!

Howard puts it in and the Northampton pack barge the Irish back to their line. Howard passes right to Grayson. He offloads to Smith. Tackled, 2m's out. Howard passes left to O'Driscoll. He sidesteps left... AND HE'S IN AT THE CORNER!!! The score is 25-26!!!

Grayson takes the conversion... But he pull's it!
<

73 mins on the clock

O'Gara kicks off. Oh no... Fox drops it - Munster scrum. the Irish force the Saints backwards and O'Gara hoists the Gary Owen.

HORGAN COLLECTS IT!

They set up the ruck.

O'Gara is deep in the pocket.

It's passed back.

The clock turns red.

O'Gara goes for the drop goal...

You already know whats coming...

Think back to the World cup final...

O'GARA WINS THE KNOCKOUT CUP FOR MUNSTER!!! THERES NO TIME LEFT FOR NORTHAMPTON TO COME BACK!!!

Oh well...
blush.gif

Latest posts