• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your favorite boot?

O

OSU Blue

Well the Adidas Regulate II's aren't cutting it, they tear up my feet. I have played soccer in the Adidas Copa Mundial's forever now, and they are perfect, but all too often i need more grip than those little plastic cleats. I really like Adidas, and prefer them to anything else, especially kangaroo leather. i was thinking of these: http://www.rugbyimports.com/browse.cfm/4,1487.htm but i have never had a 6-stud boot and am a little worried on the traction, are they a big difference? do they do well on both soft and hard ground? anyone ever worn them/heard about these before? $100 is about the max i want to spend. thanks for your help. oh, and im a back, so i like low-cut.

Nike Air Legends theyre $130 but theyre deffo worth it man, they are super comfortable, nice kangaroo leather upper, and fit like a nice snug glove.. best boots ive ever had.

those are 6-stud, right? have you ever had an 8 stud boot? how do they compare on all surfaces? sorry, im just skeptical when it comes to change. haha. thanks..

I think the right question that i need to throw at u is... what position do you play??? if ur a front row... a good 6 studs will do, and an 8 studs will do better for the scrums... but nevertheless 8 studs can be good anywhere in the tight 5... or beyond..
I'm a blindside flank/front row player, and even though i get my boots for free for apparent reasons.. I am wearing this 6 studs gilbert that will need to be replaced soon :p and it serves me well for the past 2 years...

i play fly-half, so i like to cut and make hard turns at full speed, and i was wondering how a 6-stud would compare to an 8-stud in these situations. also curious on how they do when you really need driving grip like in rucks and mauls..

i play fly-half, so i like to cut and make hard turns at full speed, and i was wondering how a 6-stud would compare to an 8-stud in these situations. also curious on how they do when you really need driving grip like in rucks and mauls..
[/b]

man, if ur a gay flyhalf u shud find the Adidas Predator to be just perfect! lol.. if ur a straight flyhalf... oh wait.. that dont exist...
jokes aside... i really think u shud get those predators... they're the best for ur position.. or for ALL the flyhalf's i know...

yeah, but the predator's cost about as much as the foot that is wearing it. i am really curious as to the effectiveness of the 6-stud boot, because Adidas has the World Cup boot that seems to be a removable 6-stud version of the Copa. Oh, and my previous analogy (uh-NAHL-uh-gee) and other words over four letters long weren't too confusing, were they, packie?? haha, thanks for your input

P.S. it's spelled "should."

ah shut up u gay flyhalf... well, what is a pair o boots that is less than US$100 well, some predators are indeed well below the 100 mark..

yeah, but the predator's cost about as much as the foot that is wearing it. i am really curious as to the effectiveness of the 6-stud boot, because Adidas has the World Cup boot that seems to be a removable 6-stud version of the Copa. Oh, and my previous analogy (uh-NAHL-uh-gee) and other words over four letters long weren't too confusing, were they, packie?? haha, thanks for your input

P.S. it's spelled "should."
[/b]

I use 6 stud configurations and i play 9.. its really just preferance, i think the pack has the 8 stud cause it gives them more grip in the gound for pushing and such, but the 6 stud works fine on wet surfaces.. a majority of back boots are six studs.. what i reccomend is stay away from the synthetic leather on boots like vapors, pumas, nike supremacy etc.. and keep with the kangaroo leather upper like SOME of the Preds, Air Legends, and other ones you're looking at.

doesnt leather get heavy after absorbing water on wet surfaces after awhile? wont the synthetis repel water?

ive worn the kangaroo leather Adidas Copas now for about 6 years, and they are so comfortable and form-fitting, i dont see any reason to ever change. i havent played in extremely wet conditions as of recent, but i recall that they do get a bit heavier, but honestly, not enough to alter the way i play/run/move. ive let multiple people borrow them and everyone has commented on how great they feel. the much worse problem is with the traction in wet conditions. i also have a pair of the Adidas Regulate II's, which i believe are composite, and they dont fit well at all, so bad that i cant wear them unless its very soggy (they have the larger, aluminum studs), or i am not running much (coaching).

in short: the weight gained by water is negligible, and i will never buy anything but kangaroo, unless im absolutely broke and in desperate need of new boots.

I'm happy with my adidas F50s, and i find the stud configuration gives some really good traction. They're also pretty waterproof but you gotta have some strong deordorizers handy as it can get pretty air tight in those things.

Latest posts