• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your favourite rugby moments of 2011

Watching Leinster come back in the final showing true class
That Aussie twat being proved woefully wrong by the Irish team
France losing to tonga. Only because the hotel I was in at the time had a few french families so i sat and watched it whit maybe 10 French men getting thoroughly ****** off about it.
England-Ireland in the 6N watched it at my english mates house witch made it that much sweeter.

an italy vs scotland try off the back of a scrum , through a few hands which lead to tommaso benvenuti scoring sticks out to me I dot know why , maybe cause its italy and i never expected it

Watching Leinster come back in the final showing true class

That game full stop. Both sides were excellent throughout as a great example why its the best competition in the world. From a personal pov its just a shame the 2nd half had one side played better then the other did in the 1st.

Queens Wharf, Auckland - 23/10/2011. Before the first whistle, and After the Final whistle.

Also

Samoa vs Australia - 17/07/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
That game full stop. Both sides were excellent throughout as a great example why its the best competition in the world. From a personal pov its just a shame the 2nd half had one side played better then the other did in the 1st.
Your right I forgot to mention the Saints first half dominance was excellent work by them.

Heineken Cup final was easily one of the best games I have ever witnessed.

Ed's try.

Flipping a would be tackler over my shoulder ala somersault and running on.

Going to find it hard to surpass the QF win over Ireland. Also Bristol winning the B+I Cup last year. It might not seem like much but supporting Bristol has been a tough experience last few years and so to win that and end the year top is very pleasing.

As others are saying the H Cup final is probably the game of 2011. You won't see many better

Completely forgot about Samoa vs Australia

I'm not from any rugby playing nation by blood, so seeing a smaller country topple the world no. 2 tasted incredibly sweet...

Also a bit of indirect vengeance on the Reds after the Super 15 final...

Ireland beating Australia in the RWC.

This is a great segment from Maori TV just before the match...

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Without a doubt the final of the Heineken Cup and especially Leinster's comeback in the second half (though I would have loved to see the Saints win).

2. France's performance in the final of the Rugby World Cup, including their advance during the haka and their try in the second half.

3. Italy's win over France at home in the Six Nations.

4. Argentina at the RWC, especially their tries against Scotland (Amorosino) and New Zealand (Cabello).

5. The final of the Super Rugby competition and the tries scored by Queensland Reds.

6. Upsets (Samoa defeating Australia, Canada defeating Tonga).

Last edited:
1. Leinster beating Saints and having a bit of fun with my Saints supporting cousins and uncle.
2. Ireland beating Australia kind of lost it's shine after the Walws match though.
3. Ireland beating England, awesome atmosphere.
4. Leinster vs Toulouse best atmosphere in a provincial match since HEC semi 2009.
5. O'Gara's DG vs the Saints more fun had with cousins.

My best sport moment 2011 was being at the All Ireland Football final seeing Dublin beat Kerry on a absolutely brilliant day.

1. Leinster beating Saints and having a bit of fun with my Saints supporting cousins and uncle.
2. Ireland beating Australia kind of lost it's shine after the Walws match though.
3. Ireland beating England, awesome atmosphere.
4. Leinster vs Toulouse best atmosphere in a provincial match since HEC semi 2009.
5. O'Gara's DG vs the Saints more fun had with cousins.

My best sport moment 2011 was being at the All Ireland Football final seeing Dublin beat Kerry on a absolutely brilliant day.

Ugh...we'll never hear the end of this :p

That would be a possibility however I was there when he posted it and told him not to.

Latest posts