• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your played position

Not the matter of the ball being passed out to the wing but some games it can be hard even when looking for the ball if your team is intent on kicking the whole match.
Tell me about it. Our team won two games all season due to playing the stupidest tactics imaginable. I get some weird kind of fun out of running around pretending I'm being useful, so I tend to do it anyway.

haha yeah that brings back great memories calling "YEP YEP!" for the ball only to see it get hoofed 60 metres down field. Was probably the most tired player without even touching the ball.

I know the feeling. Last season I spent on the wing outside a guy who ended up playing 8 and 5. As you can imagine, he was always eager to release the guys outside him with a perfectly weighted pass...

Front Row is where I played early in my playing days, that's back when a practitioner of the Dark Art didn't have to be 120KG and 6ft tall.

Propping was about technique more than about weight and strength (a 105kg prop with excellent technique could out-prop a 120kg rookie prop) and I only weighed about 100kg. I could play Tight or Lucy, and even played hooker sometimes.

I thought I had pretty good technique, until I packed down against the highest profile prop I ever scrummed against... John Ashworth. He is 6 years older than me, which ain't much at my age now, but back then, he was 27 and on the cusp of All Black selection, and I was 21, and as a prop, that is a HUGE disparity in experience. He only weighed a few kilos more than me, but I'm afraid to say he handed me my arse on a plate, and made me eat it too!

He was great to talk to after the match though, and real nice chap who could sit and talk about the Dark Arts for hours. Hard to believe he was the same guy during the 80 minutes. I got a lot of good scrummaging tips that day, both on the field and off it!!

Last edited:
i play two positions: Openside (7), so i can smash those damn first-fives(10)
Also, First Five: so i can outsmart those f**kwit opensides.

Loosehead is the only place I want to be. I like my place at the top of the food chain.

Yes if we so choose we can also kill anything props reign supreme without props there is no rugby.

God created beer to prevent props from taking over the world.

And as an avid hunter and fisherman, I DO kill most of the meat I eat.

yep, I've often seen a prop stop in it's tracks when faced with the complexed intelligence of your average street pigeon.

NO. God created slowness to stop props taking over the world.

yep, I've often seen a prop stop in it's tracks when faced with the complexed intelligence of your average street pigeon.

You certainly seem to harbor a lot of resentment for your superior officers. With a name like theonlychubbychild, one could postulate that you're a former wing who, due to a losing battle with obesity, is frequently mistaken for a member of the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo (the noble front row). As you attempt to regale the crowd with tales of the fleet-footed glory of your mercurian past, you are often met with sceptical, if not sympathetic groans which make light your past accomplishments and leave you with a seething hatred for what you have now become.

Am I on to something?

And for the record, I'm one of those pesky props who has speed. Slow is for the bedroom.

I've played first centre outside cmac95 it was awful, I never got the ball he either did a skip pass or kicked it, EVERYTIME and I've played outside him twice. What a f*#*er

You certainly seem to harbor a lot of resentment for your superior officers. With a name like theonlychubbychild, one could postulate that you're a former wing who, due to a losing battle with obesity, is frequently mistaken for a member of the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo (the noble front row). As you attempt to regale the crowd with tales of the fleet-footed glory of your mercurian past, you are often met with sceptical, if not sympathetic groans which make light your past accomplishments and leave you with a seething hatred for what you have now become.

Am I on to something?

And for the record, I'm one of those pesky props who has speed. Slow is for the bedroom.

It's Ok don't cry. It's in your nature though. ;)

8a4bd2dc28bf7e6be63d359fee375278.jpg

Am I on to something?

Haha!

I do admire your creativity. However, concurrent to my user name I am neither Overweight or a child. I still play wing for my local club and I have to say I am considered to be somewhat fast.

I understand how you may have taken offence to my last post. Yet as I myself and many others in the rugby community know you must take comments light heartedly as it is part of the nature of those attracted to the game. For as the old saying goes "We must learn to laugh of ourselves before we can make jest of others". My comment's were merely intended to 'poke' fun at those occupying the prop position on a rugby field.

Having expected them to be received in similar hilarity to that that they were written in I can only expect that you have learned from this experience to only take things as seriously as they intended to be, not to attempt to inflict hatred upon the remarker with what appears to be a deep and bitter sample of ones own frustration.

Having expected them to be received in similar hilarity to that that they were written in I can only expect that you have learned from this experience to only take things as seriously as they intended to be, not to attempt to inflict hatred upon the remarker with what appears to be a deep and bitter sample of ones own frustration.

My comments were likewise intended in jest. I thought that was implied through the verbose rambling nature of that post. I guess the humor gets lost in type.

That said, props and wings will always give each other shiit. That's just how the world works.

Latest posts