• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

your starting XV's

I just hope now everyone understands my argument regarding the comparison of certain players. Watching rugby with your eyes, rather than your heart reveals far more truth...

conrad smith is the man nothing flashy but does all the basic's right a must in the backline.

Steenkamp --- Tialata --- Robinson
Smit --- Mealamu --- Polota-Nau
Botha --- Franks (Owen) --- Alexander
Matfield --- Thorn --- Horwill(when he comes back)
Bekker --- Boric --- Sharpe
Burger --- Vito --- Elsom
Louw --- McCaw --- Pocock
Spies Reid --- Brown
Januarie(as DuPreez is injured) --- Cowan --- Genia
Grant --- Carter --- Cooper
Habana --- Rokococo --- Mitchell
De Jongh --- Nonu (depends when he comes back) --- Giteau
Fourie --- Smith --- Horne/Ashley Cooper
De Villiers --- Jane --- Ioane
Aplon --- Dagg --- O'Connor/Ashley Cooper

I would have Peter Grant as my starting fly half as he has superior ball playing ability and doesnt rely as heavily on his kicking game as Morne Steyn does, but i realise that he wont get picked over Steyn. De Jongh and Fourie in the centres over Olivier and Fourie as I like the look of the combo between the two Stormers centres. Peter De Villier's team will obviously be different though.

First of all if you think you are going to be playing golf for awhile. It would be best to go get fitted for a set of clubs. Even though you may think the Knight clubs off the rack are a better deal. You would be surprised how much better you will swing with a set of fitted clubs and about the same price.

LOL. I think that Morne Steyn has a far better running game than Peter Grant. Look at all of the tries Steyn has scored. His kicking game is just focused more heavily on because he is so good at it.

I agree, I think Grant is a great player but watching Morne Steyn these days is like watching a certain New Zealander playing for the boks.

Steyn can make some amazing breaks (and score tries), has excellent ball handling and can kick like a machine, basically he's our Dan Carter.

Latest posts