• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Youtube Gems

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 14 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 14 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 13 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta love this backline move...[/b]
This was a try that was based off a Crusaders move which the Wallabies knew quite well. So when the AB's went into this move the Wallabies expected Lomu to carry on cutting back in. However the addition that the AB's had made to this move was to have Lomu switch the ball to Umaga (the right wing) who would cut back OUT. It is here that the Number 12 for Australia marks the movement perfectly watching the fake maul, Merhtens wrapping around, Lomu cutting in, and Umaga cutting out. However because he did not expect Umaga to cut out again, for a split second his weight is on his left foot when Umaga gets the ball....and it is this split second that gives Umaga that slight edge to get past him.
[/b][/quote]

Excellent breakdown gay-guy, never knew that.
[/b][/quote]
Haha...well I have been studying and creating backline moves for years....I remember this one clearly because I could see that the Wallaby number 12 "counted" correctly and wondered why did he not make the tackle? It was only because he had pre determined that Lomu was the real move that he got caught flat and responded a milisecond too slow on Umaga.

Australia have actually had good backline moves and as a result they often read our ones quite easily. We were lucky in those days that we had great individuals that would still break through the most organised defence. I remember in 1995 in Australia Jeff Wilson scored in the corner...however leading up to his try the Wallabies marked the AB's perfectly when they ran a move with Bunce coming in from centre as a decoy cutting in behind Merhts. Merhts goes to pass to him but Bunce is a decoy as it is actually going to Lomu who is chasing Merhts run from the blindside wing. Walter Little drifts out wider to make it look like he is the decoy so the Aussies will think Bunce is not the decoy but the real move. However the Wallabies read the move perfectly and know that Little and Bunce were BOTH decoys and that the real runner is Lomu...so they have a guy waiting for him.....game over. The only problem is that the guy marking Lomu got brushed aside and two passes later Wilson is in the corner.

The number 12 in your video above despite getting schooled did chase all the way to get a close up view of Cullen scoring.

Yves Donguy, I love this player.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDlO_d6SjEs&hl=ja&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDlO_d6SjEs&hl=ja&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 14 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 14 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 13 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was a try that was based off a Crusaders move which the Wallabies knew quite well. So when the AB's went into this move the Wallabies expected Lomu to carry on cutting back in. However the addition that the AB's had made to this move was to have Lomu switch the ball to Umaga (the right wing) who would cut back OUT. It is here that the Number 12 for Australia marks the movement perfectly watching the fake maul, Merhtens wrapping around, Lomu cutting in, and Umaga cutting out. However because he did not expect Umaga to cut out again, for a split second his weight is on his left foot when Umaga gets the ball....and it is this split second that gives Umaga that slight edge to get past him.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Haha...well I have been studying and creating backline moves for years....I remember this one clearly because I could see that the Wallaby number 12 "counted" correctly and wondered why did he not make the tackle? It was only because he had pre determined that Lomu was the real move that he got caught flat and responded a milisecond too slow on Umaga.

Australia have actually had good backline moves and as a result they often read our ones quite easily. We were lucky in those days that we had great individuals that would still break through the most organised defence. I remember in 1995 in Australia Jeff Wilson scored in the corner...however leading up to his try the Wallabies marked the AB's perfectly when they ran a move with Bunce coming in from centre as a decoy cutting in behind Merhts. Merhts goes to pass to him but Bunce is a decoy as it is actually going to Lomu who is chasing Merhts run from the blindside wing. Walter Little drifts out wider to make it look like he is the decoy so the Aussies will think Bunce is not the decoy but the real move. However the Wallabies read the move perfectly and know that Little and Bunce were BOTH decoys and that the real runner is Lomu...so they have a guy waiting for him.....game over. The only problem is that the guy marking Lomu got brushed aside and two passes later Wilson is in the corner.

The number 12 in your video above despite getting schooled did chase all the way to get a close up view of Cullen scoring.
[/b][/quote]

Now you're just showing off Gay-Guy! Another great analysis that, would be great to find the video for it.

Yves Donguy.... did he play in the Heineken Cup final against Munster? Think I remember seeing him play.

And also.... Pelous NAILED that guy!

Yves Donguy.... did he play in the Heineken Cup final against Munster? Think I remember seeing him play.

And also.... Pelous NAILED that guy!
[/quote]

Yes he did. He's very fast and strong, a bit of a Gridiron type player...

Yes he did, although that shoulder charge was illegal... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 14 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 14 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 14 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Now you're just showing off Gay-Guy! Another great analysis that, would be great to find the video for it.
[/b][/quote]

Haha...touche....yes I am!

Yeah I love watching replays over and over again and watching stuff that is happening in the background off the ball etc. Rugby is more than what happens with the ball.

There is a game NZ vs South Africa first game in South Africa that year (1996). I watched a video of the game over and over again and was watching what Fitzpatrick was doing off the ball. That guy is the biggest con artist around lol! If he was a soccer player he would be the worlds biggest diving cheat ha! Sometimes when the ref blew the whistle for a knock on he and everyone stopped moving he would grab the nearest Springbok and fall to the ground with the Springbok lying on top of him! Other times when the ref blew the whistle and he was lying on the ground he would get a Springbok player lying next to him and pull the players arm towards his face.

The funny thing is....the Springbok players acted like they already knew about these tricks to fake for a penalty. When the ref would do nothing Fitspatrick and whoever the nearest Springbok was that he had grabbed, would untangle and smile at each other and get back up like nothing happened. It was like both packs knew that play acting for the ref was part and parcel of the game.

Fitspatrick was also doing lots of jersey pulling and holding down of players off the ball but the Boks seemed undeterred by it like they knew he did that all the time. Only once did a Bok ever take exception and bit off Fitspatricks ear.

Captain Morgan - the rum pirate(!) - met up with Northern Ireland and Ireland rugby players Rory Best and Paddy Wallace when his ship sailed in recently!!

The consequences were pretty funny! You can see him trying to play rugby on Captain TV -www.captaintv.co.uk

:bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 14 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
yeah i never knew that as well. i remember watching this game and couldn't believe it when i saw it! was a wicked try.

Latest posts