Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wasps

• Worcester Warriors

• Total voters
B

Bullitt

Sp, with the premiership barely a few weeks over, it is time to look ahead to next season. Who will benifit or suffer due to the weakend sides due to all the internationals with the world cup et all? Who have recruted well and who have dropped the bomb? Who will be this years dark horse? Discuss here.

personally if gloucester can get the youngsters defence up to scratch i feel they can win it, would love to say bristol to win it but i dont feel we can without a world class full back or center but still reckon we will do well ;)

as for relegation i just feel with newcastles backline as good as it is and a decent pack the chances of them going down is slim same with worcesters signing's so i just feel/hope leeds will be going down :D

Looking at the signing Worcester made I don't think they will be anywhere near the drop. Worried that sale haven't made any real big name signing to replace Robbo and that it will probably affect them oh and they still haven't got someone who can kick while Charlie is off for WC or for 6Nations. I think Leeds for the drop.

Agree with Tin Head if Gloucester can get there defence up and confidence up and not think the tigers and unstoppable then they should do really well. Would hope after the way Wasps played in HC final and if they can repeat that game in game out they would be unstoppable but looking back they are big game players so i don't think that will happen. So I'm gonna go with Gloucester or Saracens as tigers were to greedy last season!

i see that both of you say gloucester could and i agree woth you there with vainakolo , paul, ***teral and more experience it will be an exciting season at kingsholm

I couldn't care less who wins the ***le to be perfectly honest. I can see Leicester doing it again though.

What really matters is that Leeds drop back down a division. Can't remember meeting many people who like them or who would be particularly bothered if they weren't in the Premiership.

Heard a few people tipping Bath for the drop, which may not actually be a ridiculous shout. They could be missing a lot of their best players during the RWC and there are quite a few shakey areas in their game at the moment. Need to pick up early points, otherwise it could be tough to pick up momentum.

I couldn't care less who wins the ***le to be perfectly honest. I can see Leicester doing it again though.

What really matters is that Leeds drop back down a division. Can't remember meeting many people who like them or who would be particularly bothered if they weren't in the Premiership.

Heard a few people tipping Bath for the drop, which may not actually be a ridiculous shout. They could be missing a lot of their best players during the RWC and there are quite a few shakey areas in their game at the moment. Need to pick up early points, otherwise it could be tough to pick up momentum. [/b]

Pitty any side that wants Daniel Browne!

I disagree! I think Sarries have an excellent chance of making the finals again!

Nahhhhh. Saracens are on the way down leaving the place for Falcons!
Newcastle Forwards are on the up. Hayman will arrive and galvanise us. Then our top class backline will do what everyone knows they are capable of having seen it in flashes over the last season or so....

Wishful thinking? Definately!

You're nuts right? Just because Carl Hayman is coming along doesn't mean that you won't go any higher than 9th place.

Saracens still have more or less the same stellar squad that they did last year plus some SH signings of our own. Top four finish again.

Blimey signing one prop doesn't make your weak pack suddenly strong.

I don't think Newcastle will do any better - Spencer didn't shoot Northampton up the table - but I do think Saracens will improve.

I think Bath could surprise some. Sadly it's a big could - can we win away from home. The importance of THs has rightly recently been shown but a halfback pairing is key and I think Bath now have one of the best.

Sorry but I think Newcastle may go down. Feel free to disagree with me.

Blimey signing one prop doesn't make your weak pack suddenly strong.

I don't think Newcastle will do any better - Spencer didn't shoot Northampton up the table - but I do think Saracens will improve.

I think Bath could surprise some. Sadly it's a big could - can we win away from home. The importance of THs has rightly recently been shown but a halfback pairing is key and I think Bath now have one of the best.

Sorry but I think Newcastle may go down. Feel free to disagree with me. [/b]

Technically he did... Saints finished 11th before he signed!

gloucester need to beef up their pack, and Wasps need to get some consistency. Tigers need to do what they have been doing, but replace Jennings well and not meet Wasps in the knockout stages. I don't think any other team really has the firepower to win, although several teams could come close if they hit form, (like bristol and sarries this year). Sarries would probably be my choice for an outside bet.

I can see Sarries doing a good job as a result of the WC (they won't lose many players), so come Christmas time, if they build up momentum, they could be flying.

Gloucester will finish top but i think they will be beaten in the final as they are not big game players-mainly due to a lack of internationals. could do well in the heineken cup this year. same for bristol.

I can see Sarries doing a good job as a result of the WC (they won't lose many players), so come Christmas time, if they build up momentum, they could be flying.

[/b]

Yeah, Chris Jack will be coming in December and we've got some hot prospects apparently coming up through the Academy. Saracens Academy have set up a working relationship with the Royal Marines so they've been carrying large tyres around all last week.

Hopefully, when Chris Jack arrives, we can teach him what a line out is and what to do in such a situation instead of what New Zealand have taught him (i.e. "stand there and stare blankly") so look on the bright side you Kiwis! Once our clubs done with Mr Jack and other forwards coming to England, by 2011, you'll have the best line out in World Rugby!

Gloucester for me. No signs whatsoever of them weakening, their signings this summer suggesting they will become a serious force on the european stage this year. They lose a few internationals, but had the best record in the Premiership on international weekends last year and that will be an important factor as always. Dean Ryan is building something special here as they add experience to the good young side of last year and there is enough depth in the squad that a second XV would go well. A bit more firepower in the backs wont go amiss and the additions to the back-row are just what was needed. Worth a look in the Heineken too.

Leicester should push them all the way but without Shane Jennings, and with no replacement currently, I don't see them hitting quite the same highs. These two are clear of the rest in squad depth and that should tell. Their first XVs are handy too. Good chance of the same final at the end of the year, but maybe a different result?

Sale are my outside bet as an injury-free run would make them a real danger. Some of the best players around fill their starting XV and Luke McCallister could really have an impact, adding his boot, creativity and power to Hodgson's guile. Jason Robinson is a loss, but more important is getting players like White and particularly Hodgson available for the year. Keep the big names fit and I can see them finishing top 3 at least.

As for the rest I don't see enough depth in the squads. Saracens are the obvious contenders for the final play-off spot, but a lot depends on how many injuries each team picks up. As we move outside the top 2 injuries to key players will have a bigger impact so it could be down in part to who gets lucky.

For bottom of the table Leeds are obvious favourites and almost certainly need another team to have either an injury nightmare or simply play well below themselves for Leeds to stay up. Not that it's impossible for them to stay up, but it certainly seems more clear cut than last year. Wouldn't take too many injuries for Newcastle to suffer and Bath promise much but always look like they are on the edge of imploding.

Problem Gloucester will have is that other teams will know what to expect more than last season, but doing well during internationals last season bodes well. Last season 5 teams went into the final round with noone sure of a play-off spot. I expect a similarly close battle this season, with Wasps making the play-offs this time. Leicester could be anywhere. We have the squad, but a massive management change and the world cup could make it difficult. If Loffreda gels straight away and gets Tigers going then we could improve on last year even without Jennings and Cullen.

as a leicester fan i am biased for he champs, but for relegation dunno about leeds i think that they could do ok tbh and would like to see them do so as now im in bradford uni it will be the only chance i get to see some premiership rugby.

Latest posts