• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2 Italian Internationals Dropped for eating steak

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Sarto (winger, 9 caps) and Chistolini (prop, 2 caps) have been dropped for the next November Test series because in stead of having dinner with the rest of the team and staff they chose to go out for steak downtown in Brive (with Saffer Andries Ferreira) in their last Challenge Cup match. They didn't warn the Zebre staff as they did this, and now face a disciplinary committee for a "lack of respect towards the staff and team".

As if Italy could afford to lose any more players, they're presently riding a 9-game skid, but then again especially in Rugby respect and discipline is everything. Just can't let that sort of thing go...but dropped for all 3 tests though ??

Yeah ridiculously harsh, what ever happened to running a few extra laps around the warm up track as punishment. Or just missing the first test even. Unless there have been problems with these two before that haven't been publically stated.

Yeah ridiculously harsh, what ever happened to running a few extra laps around the warm up track as punishment. Or just missing the first test even. Unless there have been problems with these two before that haven't been publically stated.

yeah, or

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Sarto the winger that had the really good Six Nations?
Does seem really over the top - I could kind of understand if Zebre dropped them for their next game, but to miss an entire international test series?

I betcha there's a lot of Beale-haters out there who wish Italy controlled the ARU...

das

Could have tried something like this as well let the players sort it out :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems overly harsh for what it is. It would be strange if there wasn't something more to this story.

Italians are crazy... Too much pasta is bad for you

Theres got to be more to this than whats being put out there. This is just the most ridiculously harsh measure for such an offense, that didn't even come with the national team.

JUST IN: Parreise dropped from team till further notice. Reports in that he double parked in a 5 minute only zone, taking 7 minutes before returning to his car. This took place while he was supposed to be picking up the dry cleaning for SF management.

That's pretty hilarious! :lol:

das

You should watch the whole DVD, absolutely top quality rugby viewing. Great insight into how the Lions interact and function during a tour.

Other highlights are motivational discussions by Jim Telford and Jason Leonards team talk before a mid-week game

Ban has been cancelled and Sarto and Chistolini will be available for the test matches

Last edited:
that's good news...the Harlequins stuffed the Wasps' scrum in the last Champions Cup game, even got a penalty try on them and the Wasps Tighthead was Cittadini. I'm really not sold on that guy at all, a bit atypical for an up-and-coming Italian prop but...

I don't know if Cittadini and Benvenuti will return to their clubs or will stay with the national team,we'll see

that's good news...the Harlequins stuffed the Wasps' scrum in the last Champions Cup game, even got a penalty try on them and the Wasps Tighthead was Cittadini. I'm really not sold on that guy at all, a bit atypical for an up-and-coming Italian prop but...
The guy is 31.

Latest posts