• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 international XV revisited

[/quote]

I have to admit i am thoroughly confused re the flankers. Harinord.. is a great player as is Dusautoir as is Millo at lock. Think I might have been bias against some French players because of Lievremont's selection policies seeming to lean towards rotation which damage the reps of players at an international level somewhat IMO.
[/quote]

Would have to agree with that statement.. i find when having a discussion on worlds best XV, i tend to forget or leave out the french because the selection of the national team seems so flawed, it is impossible to know who is the best in their ranks.. to me Imanol H. is one of the best back row players in the world but some years hes not even in the french squad meaning i start thinking hes not good enough.. same goes for Bonair who i rated highly after the last world cup.. he was lethal in the lineout and in the loose..

As for the current world XV, my team would be this if i was going to a fantasy universe world cup:

15: Rob Kearney, best catch and kick full back in the world but is behind mils for counter attack.
14: Sivivatu, devastating broken field runner..even if he plays at 11.
13: O'Driscoll, still the best defensive and attacking centre in the game but there are a few nipping at his heels.
12: Ma Nonu, Human wrecking ball, pips roberts. think this guy is lethal.
11: Habanna, game v All blacks says it all. class is permanent.
10: Carter, hard luck Giteu. In an other generation, you would walk into this but Carter is untouchable and unrivaled.
9: Du Preez, best rugby brain on the planet and easily the best number 9.
8: Parrisse, just pips Heaslip for me although Jamie will become the best 8 in the world.
7: McCaw, I actually cant believe people wouldnt pick him. possibly greatest player of all time. Brussow is a notable option here but lets call a spade a spade.. in the trenchs, this is your kiddie!
6: Lobbe, After seeing him in the Autumn internationals, i was saying, WTF? guy was incredible!
5: Matfield, best lineout genral in the buisness.
4: O Connell, as stated above. some poor number 4 who is the best in the game in his position is being left out but its O Connell. he put the fear of god into ya ffs!!! i would have bakkies biting at the chops on the sideline ready for some cut throat action!!
3: Adam Jones.. rarely see him beaten.
2: Du Pluesis.. probably the best hooker in the game at present but a real tug in the breakdown too..
1: Tony Woodcock.. now thats a solid scrum!!

I was tempted to pick one of the aussie front row or david pollock but they have a bit more prooving to do for me.. Injury free and all on top form, to be these are the best 15 in the game at present!!

Thats pretty good but I'd probably put in Bowe and Heaslip.

I'm not Bias though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 10 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to admit i am thoroughly confused re the flankers. Harinord.. is a great player as is Dusautoir as is Millo at lock. Think I might have been bias against some French players because of Lievremont's selection policies seeming to lean towards rotation which damage the reps of players at an international level somewhat IMO.

--

Would have to agree with that statement.. i find when having a discussion on worlds best XV, i tend to forget or leave out the french because the selection of the national team seems so flawed, it is impossible to know who is the best in their ranks.. to me Imanol H. is one of the best back row players in the world but some years hes not even in the french squad meaning i start thinking hes not good enough.. same goes for Bonair who i rated highly after the last world cup.. he was lethal in the lineout and in the loose..

As for the current world XV, my team would be this if i was going to a fantasy universe world cup:

15: Rob Kearney, best catch and kick full back in the world but is behind mils for counter attack.
13: O'Driscoll, still the best defensive and attacking centre in the game but there are a few nipping at his heels.
10: Carter, hard luck Giteu. In an other generation, you would walk into this but Carter is untouchable and unrivaled.
8: Parrisse, just pips Heaslip for me although Jamie will become the best 8 in the world.
7: McCaw, I actually cant believe people wouldnt pick him. possibly greatest player of all time. Brussow is a notable option here but lets call a spade a spade.. in the trenchs, this is your kiddie!
6: Lobbe, After seeing him in the Autumn internationals, i was saying, WTF? guy was incredible!
4: O Connell, as stated above. some poor number 4 who is the best in the game in his position is being left out but its O Connell. he put the fear of god into ya ffs!!! i would have bakkies biting at the chops on the sideline ready for some cut throat action!!
2: Du Pluesis.. probably the best hooker in the game at present but a real tug in the breakdown too..

I was tempted to pick one of the aussie front row or david pollock but they have a bit more prooving to do for me.. Injury free and all on top form, to be these are the best 15 in the game at present!![/b]

Fair enough. To my shame, I totally forgot about Lobbe. Think there are better option at loose-head than Woodcock, though. Last year would have been a different story but he hasn't played (or dominated in the scrum) like in 2008. Would even rate the Beast one spot ahead here though I think he is, realistically, only 3rd or 4rth in line at best at the mo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 10 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 10 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

--

I was tempted to pick one of the aussie front row or david pollock but they have a bit more prooving to do for me.. Injury free and all on top form, to be these are the best 15 in the game at present!![/b]

Fair enough. To my shame, I totally forgot about Lobbe. Think there are better option at loose-head than Woodcock, though. Last year would have been a different story but he hasn't played (or dominated in the scrum) like in 2008. Would even rate the Beast one spot ahead here though I think he is, realistically, only 3rd or 4rth in line at best at the mo.
[/b][/quote]
i did say if all players were on top form.. he is the best loosehead in the game when on top form imo. but i have to agree with you, was along wasys off his best this year.. maybe i am living in the past.. who else jumps to mind? the beast or jenkins!!!!!
i thought after the heineken cup rocky elsom would be a guatanteed starter but after seeing Lobbe in full flight v wales i said hed have to make my dream team anyway...
picking O Connell at 4 is probably a bad idea but i think the guy is a savage competitor and was being abit bias!!

Latest posts