• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 Player of the Year

Why would I bother doing that. You guys are ignoring all forms of logic in favour of your blind patriotism.

The thing is O'Driscoll will win the award. That has already been established.

FdP does not make the Boks, its the forward pack that makes the Boks. When you stuff South Africa up front, you usually win. FdP doesnt change that, he just sits behind them and pulls the strings on occasion and dissapears when the going gets really tough and nasty.

On the other hand, when Irelands forwards arent performing, O'Driscoll (one of the smallest players on the pitch) usually steps up and does their job for them.

Oh come on now, surely you've not all forgotten about that amazingly inspirational leader (not to mention lineout extraordinaire)...

Steve Borthwick!

yeah, stick the serious ones.

James Simpson Daniel is the only Englishman who should be winning the INTERNATIONAL Rugby Player of the Year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 24 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh come on now, surely you've not all forgotten about that amazingly inspirational leader (not to mention lineout extraordinaire)...

Steve Borthwick![/b]
I'f you could merge the two I'd vote for Jonny Borthwick, or maybe a double barralled surname like Jonny Banahan-Borthwick?

You want a link?
A LINK?!

You can't handle a link!

EDIT:

On second thoughts...

1224254657803_1.jpg

Here comes a 'streamer' boys!

Ahh the South African-Hiberno war continues to rage on two fronts. Du Preez has a shriveled left testicle!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Nov 24 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You want a link?
A LINK?!

You can't handle a link!

EDIT:

On second thoughts...

1224254657803_1.jpg

Here comes a 'streamer' boys![/b]

Brian suddenly regretted having the Egg and Baked Bean butty for breakfast.

1224254657803_1.jpg

"Here lads, I've been chatting to Jonny and Ronan. I think we need to play more like England..."

*run away*

Ah ****...

Jeez Mite, the world doesn't revolve around the English rugby team. It almost does, but you have to go a bit west to be accurate ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 24 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jeez Mite, the world doesn't revolve around the English rugby team. It almost does, but you have to go a bit west to be accurate ;)[/b]

Yep, to get there you do have to go over a bridge.

You know, the moment I made that post I knew some smart Welsh lad would be on. Keep going a bit further.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
FdP does not make the Boks, its the forward pack that makes the Boks. When you stuff South Africa up front, you usually win. FdP doesnt change that, he just sits behind them and pulls the strings on occasion and dissapears when the going gets really tough and nasty.

On the other hand, when Irelands forwards arent performing, O'Driscoll (one of the smallest players on the pitch) usually steps up and does their job for them.[/b]

Of course the best team in the world cant be made from one player, but Du Preez is pretty much South Africa's best player and rarely has a bad season. O'Driscoll has had a great season, but he's hardly flawless, he was awful last year. Either way though its 50/50. They do tend to favour NH players of late though.

I don't see what last year has to do with it. I believe that was you guys' argument :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 25 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Nov 24 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously SA followers are sometimes biased too[/b]
lmao.

Probably the best centre to play the game (certainly the best in the modern era) had one of his best seasons (if not his best) last year and and you think a fairly average scrum half playing behind the biggest pack on the planet deserves the award more?

Of course your bias! :D

Look lads, I sympathise but we'll send the award down south next year.
[/b][/quote]
Tana Umaga's best season was perhaps before 2005, what are you on about? :p