• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2011/2012 Groups

RugbyRobinsonPA_468x702.jpg

I'll get my coat.

Sorry should have said an experienced good international which is what Connacht need. Apparently they will also have H cup experience.

Facts are facts - Connach won't sign anyone big because they can't offer security in terms of length of contract, can't generate funds due to poor attendances and way IRFU look at it they won't be in H'Cup for longer than a season.

POOL 1
- Munster
- Northampton
- Scarlets
- Castres

POOL 2
- Cardiff
- London Irish
- Edinburgh
- Racing Metro

POOL 3
- Leinster
- Bath
- Glasgow
- Montpellier

POOL 4
- Leicester
- Clermont
- Ulster
- Aironi

POOL 5
- Biaritz
- Ospreys
- Saracens
- Treviso

POOL 6
- Tolouse
- Harlequins
- Gloucester
- Connacht

Last edited:
POOL 1
- Munster
- Northampton
- Scarlets
- Castres

POOL 2
- Cardiff
- London Irish
- Edinburgh
- Racing Metro

POOL 3
- Leinster
- Bath
- Glasgow
- Montpellier

POOL 4
- Leicester
- Clermont
- ulster
- aironi

POOL 5
- Biaritz
- Ospreys
- Saracens
- Treviso

POOL 6
- Tolouse
- Harlequins
- Gloucester
- Connacht

Nice group for Leinster there, Ulster are screwed :p Connacht could get a couple wins and I think Munster will get out of their group.(they won't fail two years in a row) The Saints should get out too.

Leinster have the easiest group by far, Connacht could beat Harlequins and Gloucester, Munster's only challenge is Northampton and Ulster will be killed by Leicester and Clermont.

The easiest pool is number two. I can't understand why Cardiff Blues was on Tier 1 instead of Northampton.

Easy group, again, for Toulouse.

Ospreys to win the heineken... you heard it here first.

:p But seriously, I'm quite content with that group.

From a Welsh perspective.

Scarlets. Tough draw for them, but it was always gonna be being in the third teer of seeds. Norhamptons forwards will probably see them overpower Scarlets. However if the Scarlets continue to improve as they have done over the last couple of years, and can keep a reletively injury free squad (i.e. not loose all their props etc.) I feel the Scarlets could cause some serious problems for Munster.

Blues. Should qualify from that group, although having Racing from the fourth teer of seeds is gonna be tough (depands how seriously Racing take the HC). However if they play like they did this season, they'll probably end behing both Racing and LI.

Ospreys. Every chance of progressing from that group, but so are Biaritz and Saracens! Having Treviso will no longer guarantee 10 points, but in the HC teams like the O's, Biaritz and Saracens should get maximum for the Treviso games if they aim to do well. Interesting pool imo that should be quite exciting.

From the other pools, I expect Leinster to walk their group. Bath aren't normally up to much in the HC, Glasgow are pitiful at the moment and Montipeller won't be taking it all that seriously imo. Pool 4 looks interesting, three teams who could all top the group, although I think Leicester and Clermont will be the ones battling it out for top spot. Tolouse should top the final pool.

Toulouse, Clermont, Leinster, Sarries, Leicester, Cardiff, Biarittz, Munster will qualify for quarters

Leinster, Toulouse, Leicester and Munster will qualify for semis

Munster and Toulouse will battle it out in the final

Munster will win it.

Simples really.

Toulouse, Clermont, Leinster, Sarries, Leicester, Cardiff, Biarittz, Munster will qualify for quarters

Leinster, Toulouse, Leicester and Munster will qualify for semis

Munster and Toulouse will battle it out in the final

Munster will win it.

Simples really.

Place a bet on it?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU................

That could have gone better....

Uhm.

Arse.

See you all in 2012-2013.

I think we can spoil one of Leicester or Clermont's party at Ravenhill. But thats it.

Good draw for Sarries though.

Not bad for Munster, Northampton really the biggest threat. Possitive they will reach semis next year!
If Leinster dont quallify from that pool then something is seriously wrong!
Ulster, I can't see them quallifying, they have a very difficult job ahead in that pool!
Connacht I think will do well at home but won't quallify!

Thats just my opinion!

The easiest pool is number two. I can't understand why Cardiff Blues was on Tier 1 instead of Northampton.

Easy group, again, for Toulouse.

Wouldn't say it's an easy group, Harlequins and Gloucester away will not be an easy task.

Happy with Saracens group, easier than last years group and I imagine that the game against Ospreys will be a Wembley.

Probably the best possible draw for Racing considering they were in tier 4 and could have drawn MUCH more heat. I'll be ordering my jersey.

I think we can be happy but cautious about our group. The trip to France won't be easy for anyone. Scarlets will be tricky too but I think if we continue to improve and our scrum stays steady we can get over that hurdle. The Saint will be huge battle for us but I do fancy us at home and well wouldn't be optimistic in Northampton. Think Bonus Points and score difference will be factors. Also how players return from the World Cup.

Leinster should be looking for 6/6 wins in that group

Ulster's group is so tough. I can see all teams beating Aironi home and away and then losing their other away games and winning their home games so it'll come down to bonus points.

Latest posts