• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2011/2012 Groups

TBF I've been keen on RM for more than a year now. What with them being a newish team being perfect for someone newish to NH rugby and they have Frans Steyn and a jersey with blue and white hoops.

Nice picture though.

Yeah I wasn't having a go, just needed an excuse to use that picture :D

Connacht have it bad.

Not necessarily. Being realistic we were never going to qualify for the knockout stages no matter what pool we drew. Toulouse coming to town is exactly what Connacht needs, a big european heavyweight that will pull crowds and attract the Irish media. Gloucester and Harlequins will be interesting opponents too. Looking forward to witnessing Connacht pull of a shock in the Sportsground! :p (Hopefully)

I think Castres and Montpellier will take it seriously this year, so I wouldn' think that there will be two qualified teams from their pools (unless Glasgow do really bad).
The Italian teams' pools look interesting: normally that would help the second of the pool qualifying, but in both groups it seems very close between the other three teams.

So this year it will be very hard to predict the qualified teams, even more than usual. I'll give it a try anyway: I'd say Munster, Racing, Leinster, Leicester/Clermont, Sarracens, Toulouse and the best second placed to go one to Cardiff and the second one to Northampton halped by Scarlets and Castres combining bad performances here and there.

If London Irish actually played where there name suggest they do, would Pool 3 not be a battle of the capital clubs?
Trying to think of something positive, struggling...
Niether of the Scottish clubs will be getting through in any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry guys, I forgot the ruels behind the wild cards/qualifications for the HC.

Why is Connacht going to do HC next year?

Sorry guys, I forgot the ruels behind the wild cards/qualifications for the HC.

Why is Connacht going to do HC next year?

Because who ever wins the HC Chooses a new team to join the heinken cup and leinster chose connacht.

No it's the next placed team in the winning clubs league, from that same teams country, in this case the only other was Connacht.

Well judging by last years performance, we are well and truly f!!k!d :D :D I can actually see us finishing bottom, unless theres some miracle and we develop team cohesion :D ggggrrrrrrr its sooo frustrating being an ospreys fan :D At least next season we have less "stars", so we can't be called "galactico's" (which we never should have been given in the first place :p) interesting times ahead :D

Because who ever wins the HC Chooses a new team to join the heinken cup and leinster chose connacht.

facedesk.jpg

Latest posts