• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

6-3 to New Zealand at halftime. Both kickers have poor off the tee probably because of the weather Morgan's missed 3. Wales are definitely in this. They're dominating the scrum and are making good yardage every time they maul however Blake is ruling the breakdown.

6-3 to New Zealand at halftime. Both kickers have poor off the tee probably because of the weather Morgan's missed 3. Wales are definitely in this. They're dominating the scrum and are making good yardage every time they maul however Blake is ruling the breakdown.

Cheers... really surprised, was expecting a horror show.

I think so, I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not though.

The New Zealand number 8 is a tank!

I think it could be a good thing, like the Saffas the England boys are always monsters at this level but our pack showed they can stand toe to toe with these big guys. It's England's backline we couldn't handle in the six nations if memory serves, I think, I have a bad memory.

Just saw Argentina beat Aussie by 15-3, how the hell did that happen?

Last edited:
I think it could be a good thing, like the Saffas the England boys are always monsters at this level but our pack showed they can stand toe to toe with these big guys. It's England's backline we couldn't handle in the six nations if memory serves, I think, I have a bad memory.

Just saw Argentina beat Aussie by 15-3, how the hell did that happen?

Yeah I know just are guys all played on Monday and playing in mud like that is pretty draining while most of the English are fresh. You're right though it was the backs that killed us.

This is a tournament of upsets! No idea wasn't televised as far as I can tell unfortunately.

6-6 now after an excellent Prydie penalty. Of course he missed the next one.

Early days, but could we be looking at a semi final stage without any SANZAR nations?

The Argies obviously have a decent side... looking like group winners.

There 15 looks a real exciting player.

AR possibly just bottled a card for the Welsh captain. On second viewing don't really thing it was a penalty but if you call it as late with no arms you recommend a card. Wales very luck with no try for double movement.

Early days, but could we be looking at a semi final stage without any SANZAR nations?

I forget how it works but I think one is pretty much guaranteed. Still that's two less than everyone was expecting.

Last edited:
I knew a +40 handicap for Wales would be ridiculously big in these conditions :cool:

If Habberfield can sort out his box kicking Wales have a really good chance of nicking this.

There 15 looks a real exciting player.

AR possibly just bottled a card for the Welsh captain. On second viewing don't really thing it was a penalty but if you call it as late with no arms you recommend a card. Wales very luck with no try for double movement.

I forget how it works but I think one is pretty much guaranteed. Still that's two less than everyone was expecting.

3 group winners go through, then the highest scoring 2nd place. If Wales were to edge out NZ and England beat SA then anything could happen.

Walker was really lucky that didn't end up in a try or at least 3 points. Can sense the momentum shifting towards New Zealand's side Wales need to do stop it.

3 group winners go through, then the highest scoring 2nd place. If Wales were to edge out NZ and England beat SA then anything could happen.

Yeah I guess I'm still expecting N.Z. to edge it. Would be brilliant if we could get true but we're not the sort to scor loads of points which we may need to do vs Italy to get through with probably a second string team or an absolutely wrecked first team.

I say that and Prydie score 9-6 Wales with 14 minutes left.

EDIT: Brilliant 17 phases of defense from Wales.

Last edited:
Being in that age group myself, as a junior player I'd dream of beating NZ in a rep game. Can't imagine what those guys are feeling. Congrats WalesU20!

WALES!!! How poetic the team they beat 92-0 last year are the first to beat the Baby Blacks.

Brilliant by Wales! The SANZAR team are really struggling this year..... Must be the weather ;)

Well done Wales. Did not expect that at all. Especially with the Six Nations they had. What a result.

That was an absolute minging game!!! Hell of a result, but the conditions were disgusting!!! Amazing effort from Welsh Defense. It will be epic tonight for the U20's boys!!!!

Brilliant by Wales! The SANZAR team are really struggling this year..... Must be the weather ;)

Can't really blame the weather for Monday's results it was pretty good weather. Definitely did make a huge difference today but Wales just adapted better.

Latest posts