• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Yup, I'd get a couple of them involved asap. They've been very strong throughout the entire competition. Myhill's lineout throwing is excellent as well.

Prydie should do well at the Dragons. He should be considered for kicking duties, because his kicking has been top notch.

Prydie should do well at the Dragons. He should be considered for kicking duties, because his kicking has been top notch.

Yeah good signing for both parties, think he'll do well next year and maybe sneak a squad place for the 6N.

Finishing behind Wales is incredibly irritating, considering how completely useless they were in the 6 nations. Still, they had a handier group and managed a big scalp against NZ, so they must have improved along the way,

Finishing behind Wales is incredibly irritating, considering how completely useless they were in the 6 nations. Still, they had a handier group and managed a big scalp against NZ, so they must have improved along the way,

Have you seen their group for next year? Softer than a baby's arse. Also, while NZ are scary men, Samoa and Fiji are nothing much at this level - while we had you and SA (ok, and Italy).

Gah.

Wales had a much better squad than in the 6 nations though. The likes of Matthew Morgan, Tom Prydie, Eli Walker, Tom Habberfield and Jack Dixon weren't involved, and many of them have been influential players during this campaign.

In general the Welsh team was strong throughout. Great front row who were on top in every game they played. Screech played well in the second row, although not sure about the others. Wales were generally good in the backrow, with plenty of depth there, but they were found wanting in the second NZ test. In the backline, the halfback pairing was very good, although we didn't see much of Morgan running with the ball which I was a little disappointed about. Two strong centres, and a skilful back three rounded up a balanced team. Great place kicking from Prydie as well.

I expect quite a lot of this team to make the step up to regional rugby in the next couple of seasons, and a number to be in contention for the next WC with Wales.

Couple of months in a Wales training camp will stamp that out of him.

Haha, very true. Plenty of strength at hooker at the Scarlets though.

Last edited:
Good try from Keresoma. We really won that aerial game. South Africa on attack now just before halftime.

Smart rugby by Junior Bokke.
They cloned Jacque Fourie 2 or 3 times and they put them in few key roles: 2, 8, 12, 13...

:D

South Africa really grew into this tournament. New Zealand needs a converted try + drop goal or penalty to win this.

South Africa completely deserved the win. Their forwards were dominant and they looked far better drilled in the basics. We definitely did not get the rub of the green in that match. Our option taking was terrible and there were far too many basics errors. I think Penney did the best he could with the resources he had. Before the tournament, I said this looked our weakest squad in years and it proved to be that way. With players in our team such as Emery, Hall, Taufua, McKenzie you do have to look at the positives. Those four look very good. The NZRU clearly show that the purpose of this tournament is to develop future All Blacks by not picking players like Perenara. This tournament isn't so much about winning but it doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

As a final word, this would have to be the best atteneded tournament I've seen. It's great to see South Africans getting in behind their team.

Oh and that was one of the most officious referring displays I have seen. The referee should be held to account for that.

Congrats SA, just don't forget the man shaming we dished out to you children in the first round.

Hmm. South Africa and France next year. I really hope we have the fourth team in the group in the middle...

p.s. that fourth team is going to get pulverised.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Great game! Jan Serfontein is a beast, DRUNK TIME!

Brilliant game of rugby from both sides! Hard luck Baby Blacks, well played. Brilliant from the Baby Boks!!

Congrats SA, just don't forget the man shaming we dished out to you children in the first round.

See it as a race - you won the first 20m but when it came to the last 20, you weren't even in the picture

Latest posts