• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Aviva Premiership] Round 16

Good win, almost certain to be in the top 2 now, on current form should be a Sarries Northampton final, but you never know with Leicester.:bana:

Bath have some good players, but equally dreadful ones....<_<

Any of the top 5 can beat each other very easily let's see who's in the top 4 come the end of the season first ;)

On another point Tom Stephenson was brilliant today he's some talent that lad !

Another awful performance by us blown away by the Saints. However what a talent Robson is! The way he is playing behind that shambles of a pack is amazing I would much rather have him coming off the bench than Dickson for England ...

Another awful performance by us blown away by the Saints. However what a talent Robson is! The way he is playing behind that shambles of a pack is amazing I would much rather have him coming off the bench than Dickson for England ...

I'll second that ! The Robson bit not the bit that glos were awful :)

hey, anybody watching the Tigers match ? Figured I'd tune in, give this a try. Pretty good game so far although the Tigers have blown two huuuge try opportunities.
Nice to see a small market team competing well against a team of Tigers.

Three yellows for deliberate knock ons!
Think the one for flood was harsh, though.

Tuilagi looked 100% match fit, which was good - can tell he's basically not played this season though: his positioning at times was terrible (especially for Cato's try).
Falcons but up a good fight for the first 45 or so minutes, but Tigers too strong in the end.
They'll really miss Goneva next season!
Saw somewhere that he wants to stay at Tigers but the amount of money being offered from France has forced his hand somewhat (which I guess you can understand considering how short a rugby career is etcetcetc)

Three yellows for deliberate knock ons!
Think the one for flood was harsh, though.

Tuilagi looked 100% match fit, which was good - can tell he's basically not played this season though: his positioning at times was terrible (especially for Cato's try).
Falcons but up a good fight for the first 45 or so minutes, but Tigers too strong in the end.
They'll really miss Goneva next season!
Saw somewhere that he wants to stay at Tigers but the amount of money being offered from France has forced his hand somewhat (which I guess you can understand considering how short a rugby career is etcetcetc)

I've heard just recently on here actually that he might be staying . Dunno tho like you say it's hard when the French clubs come knocking . Shame we couldn't get Yarde or someone English like him we really need better wings

England shoulda poached him while they could. Now it's too late, he's a Fijian forever.

And it's only a matter of time until the big market team starts bullying the smaller one, however tight the first half may look...

I presume you're trolling, but he's not eligible for England and wouldn't be for another two years (if he hadn't been capped).
If he hadn't have been capped before moving to France he would've been eligible for them before he moved to Tigers, so thank God he got capped before or France would've poached him.

I've heard just recently on here actually that he might be staying . Dunno tho like you say it's hard when the French clubs come knocking . Shame we couldn't get Yarde or someone English like him we really need better wings

Goneva has signed a pre deal contract (or something like that) basically if he goes it will be to Castres but he has the option to stay at Tigers if they can raise there current offer.

He is expected to move though, but there is still a slim hope.

Last article he did in mercury said he wants to stay but the money is a lot and at his age he needs to think financially.

Goneva has signed a pre deal contract (or something like that) basically if he goes it will be to Castres but he has the option to stay at Tigers if they can raise there current offer.

He is expected to move though, but there is still a slim hope.

Fingers crossed then ! Great to see Manu back today though !!!

I presume you're trolling, but he's not eligible for England and wouldn't be for another two years (if he hadn't been capped).
If he hadn't have been capped before moving to France he would've been eligible for them before he moved to Tigers, so thank God he got capped before or France would've poached him.

listen, it sounds like you're a li-ttle bit sour and jealous of our poaching skills. Dude, ya'll can't beat French gastronomy okay, we INVENTED poaching. And if you're not careful up there past the Chanel, we might as well start poaching a few rosbifs while we're at it !

Good weekend of rugby. Great performance from Saracens on the road at Bath on Friday. Showing there is a real gap between Saints, Saracens and the rest at the minute. Was gutted for Worcester not to hold on for the win. I feel Gloucester have real problems at the minute only Charlie Sharples and Dan Robson look like they are really fighting. Freddy Burns is a lost cause, They should start Billy for the rest of the season now. Rupert Harden is arguabley the worst prop in the premiership and is someone they really need to replace.
Who does everyone feel will make the top 4 and then final and are Worcester certs for the drop now?

I think the top four will probably end up as it is, and Wuss will drop.

I think Glos are really suffering from bad coaching - it's just difficult to tell where the issue is.
Is it just their forwards coach?

Their pack is terrible, it will certaily improve with he arrivals of John Afoa (Ulster) and Richard Hibbard (Osreys) next season. I think they need a big second row too. They really lack leadership in the back line, they have a lot of talent but lack a classy 10 to control the game, Burns is just too hit and miss and a lot of miss since speculation of his departure.

Yeah, but their team isn't so different - personnel-wise - to previous years, and they haven't capitulated like this before.
There is an issue in the management/coaching which is compounded by their poor scrummaging IMO.

Agreed, I haven't seen any improvement in them since Nigel Davies has taken control, he likes fast and loose rugby which is fine when you have a pack that competes. They need a forwards coach to come in a shake them up a bit. I think someone like Steve Diamond could do a really good job for them.

Richards and Gold have been linked with Glous if Davies gets the boot (In the rugby Paper so take with a bit of salt)

Latest posts