• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 10

I would say that Irish have nothing to offer and that Sale have virtually complete control...............cannot see them losing this one now 15-3 after 76min!

Ridiculous ref decsion at scrum where Yapp went down quicker than Tom Daley yet got the penalty..........wierd! I am so fed up with this chioke tackle rule that is the only thing Irish have offered all night!

Last edited:
Good to hear that the wind is affecting the kicks and he's not just having a bad day!

Has our scrum been as on top as the penalty count suggests?
Could see Ross Harrison pushing for a Saxons spot if he keeps his form up - CJ VdL is no slouch in the scrum!

CJVDL pulled out before the game, most of the penalties have been against LI's hooker.

CJVDL pulled out before the game, most of the penalties have been against LI's hooker.

Fair enough.
I'm happy either way. When you consider how poor our scrum, and defence, has been in previous seasons they've improved beyond all recognition.

Yep... it's very annoying.

They do actually record all of the games in full (although with limited cameras) which are available to watch on the premiership website about 24hrs~ after they happen.

Here: http://www.premiershiprugby.tv/

15. Anthony Watson
14. Horacio Agulla
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford
9. Peter Stringer
1. Paul James
2. Rob Webber
3. Anthony Perenise
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dave Attwood
6. Matt Garvey
7. Francois Louw
8. Carl Fearns
Replacements
16. Eusebio Guinazu
17. Nathan Catt
18. Juan Pablo Orlandi
19. Dominic Day
20. Leroy Houston
21. Martin Roberts
22. Tom Heathcote
23. Ollie Devoto

Not a bad side at all. Would be a big win for Bath, put some space between themselves (3rd) and Quins (4th).
Wonder if we will see more of the Bath United boys filter into the squad now. Richard Lane has been pretty impressive so far. Can't see Henson hanging around much longer, with Eastmond developing at Inside Centre and Ford at Standoff; furthermore I feel like Devoto will be considered an inside centre.

Most Bath fans seem to want an Eastmond/Devoto left/right center combo.
I cant see Lane breaking in at the moment, although his form may allow for Tom Biggs to be released to Hull early (which is something Hull dearly want).

Most Bath fans seem to want an Eastmond/Devoto left/right center combo.
I cant see Lane breaking in at the moment, although his form may allow for Tom Biggs to be released to Hull early (which is something Hull dearly want).

Left/right centre is antiquated. Inside and outside centre are vastly different positions and must be treated as such, each offering something to the side. Joseph hasn't really settled yet, but he still has time. Banahan is a waste at outside centre, and I feel that players such as Lane can offer more. Not a huge Agulla fan, might be worth keeping Lane in place of him if it comes down to it. Probably a smaller wage as well as being English-qualified.

Think Bath will have to do something about captaincy. Hooper isn't one of the two best second rows. I could see it going to Louw with his long-term contract locked in place.

Yeah, it's wouldn't be my choice either, particularly for Kyle going to OC.

Joseph has actually been solid, if slightly underwhelming in offense.

Louw is basically the club captain, and again, most Bath fans would agree that Hooper isn't one of the 2 best locks and would probably struggle to get a bench spot if he wasn't captain now that Caldwell is playing again.

Yeah, it's wouldn't be my choice either, particularly for Kyle going to OC.

Joseph has actually been solid, if slightly underwhelming in offense.

Louw is basically the club captain, and again, most Bath fans would agree that Hooper isn't one of the 2 best locks and would probably struggle to get a bench spot if he wasn't captain now that Caldwell is playing again.

Yeah Joseph hasn't been as bad as some make him seem, I suppose expectations were quite high. I'd rather persist with him than push Banahan into midfield. Ben Williams is injured again, so we will have to just work with Joseph and give him time. Ford has been OK, but someone needs to have a word with him about kicking. I think Heathcote might add a bit more variety, but I can't see him wanting to play second/third fiddle, especially with Devoto coming up. Still think that playing for Scotland didn't help.

Very very harsh yellow card for Kitchener.
Penalty, yes, but no card for my money.

Edit:
and that was never a try! Absolutely 100% forward pass.

Last edited:
I think Healey said it all.........if it carries on like this we will be playing touch rugby in a few years!

Ashton is very, very lucky there. It'll go down in the stats as him scoring a try and people will talk about his "try scoring form", but he very nearly botched an easy try. He overran his player when he should have stuck slightly deeper.

That yellow was not even a penalty in my mind.
The sort of decision that will one day drive me to stab my own eyes out.

And that pass was clearly forward.

Was at least a penalty, if not yellow for me. Lifted and not in control of the drop. Wasn't a bad one at all, but do you ignore someone for punching you in the face just because it's a weak punch?

Furthermore, too many players are trying to put in a bone-crunching hit and not following through with the hit. This attitude will lead to players getting injured, as the tackler loses control of the tackle. If you hit, drive too. tbh, I'm a little confused why players don't drive. They don't want their team to gain meters? :huh:

Last edited:
No because punching is illegal full-stop.

I'd be embarassed if someone was penalised for tackling me like that.

I'd be embarassed if someone was penalised for tackling me like that.

Un fortunately thems the rules!! He was beyond the horzontal and was dropped.............technically correct but it is the rule that is wrong...........he was never in danger!

I would have to say that, in the conditions, Farrell has had a really good game and there is a real difference between him and Cips in similar conditions and with plaaying with similarly dominant sides! Grieves me to say it but..............................

he was never in danger!

Exactly!

That's why I take issue with the rules, there needs to be some scope for subjective judgement.
I have no issue with the "beyond the horizontal" term as a guideline.

The Hepetema tackle is far more worthy of a yellow... that sort of tackle is going to end up breaking somones shin/knee at some point.
Far more dangerous than what Kitchener did.

Cannot wait for the end of this season, just for that loathsome **** that is Steve Borthwick to retire.
Hope someone lays him out in his last game as a going away present.

Very professional performance from Sarries who completely dominated, out thought and outplayed Tigers all somewhat spoilt by all the back slapping, shouting at referee and, of course, Bothwick who has to be the biggest T I T in the Premier League.............He and Delon Armitage seem to have a brain deficiency!

The referee has ruined it too . Sarries gave away 3 penalties in the same area in quick succession and get warned of a yellow but never actually get one . And I tell you what if. Sarries and under the salary cap I'll eat my own hat !

Leicester have a lot of test players but hell ! Sarries must have 20 players that play of have played for their countries . They don't come cheap

Latest posts