• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 10

Nasty KO for Farrell.

Double impact too, who's willing to bet he will still play next week though?!

Last edited:
and so is...

Un fortunately thems the rules!! He was beyond the horzontal and was dropped.............technically correct but it is the rule that is wrong...........he was never in danger!

and so is coming in at the side of the maul, unpenalised, slowing the ball down at the breakdown, unpenalised. And ofcourse failing to turn up to play a match:mad:. OR. being Wayne (should have gone to specsavers) Barnes should be an offence in its own right.:lol: or even impersonating im.

Nasty KO for Farrell.

Double impact too, who's willing to bet he will still play next week though?!
Probably won't, but more because of EPS resting/getting Charlie more game time, than him being adequately rested following a bad head injury.

and so is coming in at the side of the maul, unpenalised, slowing the ball down at the breakdown, unpenalised. And ofcourse failing to turn up to play a match:mad:. OR. being Wayne (should have gone to specsavers) Barnes should be an offence in its own right.:lol: or even impersonating im.

Sorry but that is plain silly..................

Great win for Bath today!

14-3 and a very good performance by all accounts, a bit of a massacre at scrum time!
I look forward to watching the match in full when it gets put up.

Just finished my recording of Saracens v. Leicester, dear god the Tigers were dire. Handling errors, poor line running. Virtually no possesion in the 2nd half. Can't really say I saw one player on their team play to standrad today, dreadful stuff. That being said Saracens looked fantastic, must be their biggest win over Tigers in some years I would think.

To be fair Benjamin played decently, but they were terrible on the whole.

Just finished my recording of Saracens v. Leicester, dear god the Tigers were dire. Handling errors, poor line running. Virtually no possesion in the 2nd half. Can't really say I saw one player on their team play to standrad today, dreadful stuff. That being said Saracens looked fantastic, must be their biggest win over Tigers in some years I would think.

Tigers biggest loss ever in Premiership.............only shame is that it had to be to Sarries!

Yup, can't remember a bigger win over Tigers domestically in a long time. I think, as Tony says, its their biggest loss.

Leicester this year have just looked sloppy. A few seasons ago you'd back them to put away the majority of try scoring chances they had. Now, especially considering how injury ridden their centres are, they don't seem capable of going in for the kill. Ryan Lamb also looks to be in the running for worst signing ever.

From an England perspective the game was worrying because Ashton scored. I don't want the management to have any excuse for picking him come the Six Nations.

Ugh,

I lost at scissors/paper/stone to the missus and went to the Christmas market and not to Allianz Park yesterday and now, I'm quite glad I did.

It's never nice to get a hiding like that. Judging by the teamsheet, I suspect Cockers thought this was "unwinable" given our injury list, but regardless, Tigers were steamrollered by Sarries.

I'm actually not too concerned because come the end of the season, when we (hopefully) have a few more big guns back, the Tigers will be a very different animal.

Sarries are looking ominous though

A quite enjoyable struggle down at Gloucester.....JP FDoyle made a couple of bad calls for Worcester from each of which Gloucester scored a penalty but worth leaders 6-3 at half time

Man, I know it's nothing new but Gloucester are in dire straights.
Even with that side out/a better scrum they still look like s**t, and it was at home against the bottom placed side. In previous seasons they'd have run in 4 tries, today they barely troubled, and just hoped the referee would award them penalties when in range (luckily 36 was kicking, not Burns!).

Yep, in actual fact Wuss were the more threatening side in the second half but they kept knocking it on or getting turned over.

I agree Olyy............neither side deserve Premiership rugby based on their performances today.............huge effort but little real penetration and load of silly mistakes.

It will probably do Worcester no harm to go down and regroup as I reckon Ryan is doing OK but they need to grow the quality of their squad now to ensure they can bounce back, and then stay up, with their "drop money"!

Man, I know it's nothing new but Gloucester are in dire straights.
Even with that side out/a better scrum they still look like s**t, and it was at home against the bottom placed side. In previous seasons they'd have run in 4 tries, today they barely troubled, and just hoped the referee would award them penalties when in range (luckily 36 was kicking, not Burns!).
Half the squad are overpaid and not of the required standard. Some not even Premiership standard. What worries me is that there's enough class in the Gloucester team that we shouldn't be struggling so much. Which leads me to think that an overhaul of the coaching structure is needed on top of the player structure. I've heard some people say that Alex King has been the signing of the season in the Premiership - that might give a good indicator as to why having half a team of coaches who are "learning on the job" isn't good enough...

We'll play better with guys like Afoa and Hibbard around, but will we get the most out of them? We're paying up to the salary cap, and I think we need the coaches to match that expenditure, if we want to get the most out of all these players.

I don't think an overhaul is required in the coaching.

Your backs have played beautifully at times, although it has been in fits and starts for the most part.
The forwards however have not played to the standard they should be, based on the individuals involved.
Aside from Kvesic, Stooke and latterly Morgan they've been consistently poor.

I'd also have to agree with the notion that Alex King has been the best signing this year, his influence has been extraordinary.
Imagine an England coaching setup of:

Rob Baxter - Head Coach
Alex King - Attack
Shaun Edwards - Defense
Graham Rowntree - Forwards

Potent.

Rats, I'd have said that if a a unit is not playing to the standard it should based on individuals, that's the most obvious sign that you need to look at coaches. Its not like Davies doesn't have form with poor tight fives, albeit with personnel excuses. Burns is performing worse than he should too.

Sorry, I was unclear...

The forwards specifically have underperformed, while the backs have looked good at points, so I was suggesting that the forwards coach being replaced could do the job.
I had a brain fart and completely forgot to explain that though!

Burns is playing badly as an individual, the backs have looked cohesive - but not consistently.

Latest posts