• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 10

Think the gaze needs to go further than that. Whoever is dealing with the defence does not appear to be doing their job properly. 237 points is the second worst total conceded and defence is probably costing Burns and Trinder in regards to England. Then you've got to look at whoever's overseeing this, Davies and anyone else that might be. Two vital areas going wrong suggests rottenness in the whole structure to me.

Fair enough.

We are certainly in agreement that there is a definite coaching issue somewhere.

Think the gaze needs to go further than that. Whoever is dealing with the defence does not appear to be doing their job properly. 237 points is the second worst total conceded and defence is probably costing Burns and Trinder in regards to England. Then you've got to look at whoever's overseeing this, Davies and anyone else that might be. Two vital areas going wrong suggests rottenness in the whole structure to me.
Pretty much.

Coached properly, I have this squad as being just in the top 6, especially now that the scrum is on the repair.

I don't blame Nigel Davies. He proved his worth last season imo. I'm worried that we've just replaced a bad forwards coach with an even worse one. We're also missing John Brain. A lot. And probably the on-field leadership of Hamilton.

Just finished my recording of Saracens v. Leicester, dear god the Tigers were dire. Handling errors, poor line running. Virtually no possesion in the 2nd half. Can't really say I saw one player on their team play to standrad today, dreadful stuff. That being said Saracens looked fantastic, must be their biggest win over Tigers in some years I would think.

Ohhhh, so that's where you're hiding !! You follow Prem and Canadian only ?

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. First time on this part of the pages. I watched the SAR LEIC match the other day. Saracens played well, Tigers didn't. The Saracens have some scrum, don't they ?...
I'd love to avoid the cliché but Ashton did look like shyt...Goode still looks very limited and linear, England are very fortunate to have a young furtive Mike Brown, great back in general.
Farrell's territorial kicks were nice, except for that incredibly flat and low one that got charged down and turned into 7. He does tend to go low in general, I've noticed...
Vunipola still picking up 3 guys and moving forward, 5m minimum on each ball...yikes, will have to contain that thing in Feb...

I guess we're around the same with our FH though. Talès and Farrell are both solid, definitely starters on world class teams with sound qualities but also lack and/or don't do certain things nearly well enough. It will be a battle of noticeably imperfect 10's fighting it off in Paris.

This reminds me, saw my English friend the other day and told him he ought to come over for the FRA ENG match in some time. He told me "ehh...given our form these days, I'm pretty sure we're both going to lose that match !" :D

Latest posts