• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Finals

Hoping the bench will win us this again then?

Don't think we put rely on that too much. The Glasgow bench is pretty strong with a few who I'd say are better than those starting. Overall I think we have the stronger squad but clearly Glasgow aren't really about the big names. Shows how low we are on wingers that Fanning is benching but pretty great story for him. We really should win imo with the deciding factor being that it's in the RDS. It's actually got a wide enough pitch unlike Firhill. Glasgow have done really well and have a pretty good record vs us but we do have more finals record and there's the whole retirement factor.

surprised leo cullen is on the bench especially if its his last game

A few things stand out from that Leinster team:

- I reckon Luke McGrath would have been a better bet than Boss on current form. Boss has looked past it over the past few weeks/months while McGrath is really coming into his own. He was muy bueno for the A's against Leeds.

- We're desperately in need of a new back three player. Two injuries away from Darragh Fanning benching in a final is not a position I think we can allow to continue.

- I would have started Madigan. Higher ceiling and all that lark. Old argument though.

- O'Brien, Moore, McGrath and Madigan are some lovely options to be able to spring off the bench. If the game is close after an hour they should see us home.

Getting rather excited now. Bit of trivia, this is Leinster's fifth consecutive Pro 12 final, having only won on one of their previous appearances.

Thank you, Brian for so much rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely patient play. Cracking try. Haven't seen enough of that this season.

Bit of a dive off the Leinster 2nd row there? Went down aages after he caught a slight bit of contact off that half slap.

Latest posts