• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 Junior World Championship

England currently breaking all kinds of records for giving away penalties. 13-0 down after 11 minutes!

Im after watching highlights of Argentina's game with Scotland? Do they know how to play running rugby or what. Practically all their trys were scored from at least 30 metres out. Seriously entertaining stuff, and they hammered a Scotland team that managed to beat Ireland. Last year they managed to beat Australia and France in the pool stages. If this is they group of young players coming up, the future of Argentinian rugby looks bright
Yes it's true, it's a good generation of players especially in the backs side; but this initial advantage it will be lost when the others players turn into pro in their own countries, and the argies stay in amateurism. That's it's the big conflict in argentinian rugby.

Ugh! Closer than I would've thought! A win in the bag, and we qualified for the semi's! Yay!

Also that punching incident, wtf?? Our guy didn't punch, and the English player missed!! Neither player should've gotten a yellow card! And am I the only guy that thought the ref was a Lyndon Bray lookalike?

This main commentator is really slow to realise what's actually happening.

EDIT: Scholes is really showing his wirth in defence.

Last edited:
Ugh! Closer than I would've thought! A win in the bag, and we qualified for the semi's! Yay!

Also that punching incident, wtf?? Our guy didn't punch, and the English player missed!! Neither player should've gotten a yellow card! And am I the only guy that thought the ref was a Lyndon Bray lookalike?

I thought the Saffa was unlucky to get binned.

Shame England shot themselves in the foot. Can't go giving sides 23-0 head starts! South Africa didnt even have to work particularly hard for it either in the first 30 minutes.

Greatly worked try showing well in so many aspects of rugby in it.

USA playing much better so far, but handling errors holding them back from putting in a score.

EDIT: Another knock on for the US, then the ball gets ripped out of the wingers hands..

Last edited:
Shanahan the scrum half, though he looks about 12 years of age is playing really well, quick service, great set of hands and looks dangerous in attack himself.

Last edited:
Yes it's true, it's a good generation of players especially in the backs side; but this initial advantage it will be lost when the others players turn into pro in their own countries, and the argies stay in amateurism. That's it's the big conflict in argentinian rugby.
From the limited amount ive seen of the Argentina under 20's, they quite a few look good enough to be pros. Pity Argentina doesnt have a team in the top 15, would be great for their team development.

How's Tom Daly looking, we could really use a big lump at 12 a la Davies, Roberts, Tuilagi, etc for the future.

Kicking has been decent looks for contact a bit much but it's there.

EDIT: Fanrastic try by Scholes.

Last edited:
I reckon we must have payed off the Fijian hooker, this is possibly the worst lineout performance I've ever seen.

Wales beat junior jocks 26-21. Good result, considering it was thoroughly a second-choice team. We face undefeated Argentina next.

Wales beat junior jocks 26-21. Good result, considering it was thoroughly a second-choice team. We face undefeated Argentina next.

Looks like quite a few of them were first choice if you ask me. I'd say, Jordan Williams, Aaron Warren, Sam Davies, Rhodri Williams, Nicky Smith, Nicky Thomas, Ellis Jenkins and Daniel Thomas were all arguably first choice.

Still there's likely to be a number of changes for the Argentina match, which should be a cracker. Finally a televised match as well, can't believe how poor the coverage has been in Wales. I thought S4C usually picked up all the Welsh JWC matches. Along with not having highlights of the Lions tour, which I'm sure they have on previous tours, and the possible loss of big Pro12 games next season with Sky's take-over, I hope S4C's rugby coverage isn't on the wane.

Anyone watching NZ-Aus? The NZ LH prop will need a lawyer...

A lot of will being shown by both teams, but they'd do better calming down a bit imo.

Anyone watching NZ-Aus? The NZ LH prop will need a lawyer...

A lot of will being shown by both teams, but they'd do better calming down a bit imo.

What's happened?!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts