• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Pro12] Round 1

If this is in relation to the scrum replay where Reddan clearly threw it to Leinster's second row, RTE's commentators watched it and said it was straight and a pleasure to see!

Haha, oh dear! Scrum V commentators saying that the refs have been told to yellow card the 9 if he does it more than once, so Reddan could have seen yellow in that first half.

I see Paddy Jackson has converted 1/4 of his shots at goal. Poor misses or tough kicks?

Bit of column b, more of column a. But then Tovey has been the same, so maybe conditions are worse than thought.

Ulster are a wee bit shambolic all said, except in the tight where we're clearly superior, and so far that's been enough.

edit: In general, the Dragons have probably been superior, but not by much, and they really are getting bummed up front.

Last edited:
Bit of small man syndrome. (tongue out smiley)

EDIT: Overcooked by Gopperth and stupid by Hudson. Hope he gets a decent chance with the ball when he comes back on and Fitzgerald's ok.

Last edited:
Jimmy Gopperth has been decent for Leinster. Nothing flash, just takes the right option all the time. Reminds me of David Holwell.

Farrell off, Cave on, Marshall to 12. Deccie Fitz on too. Beginning to look more like it - very baffling decision in the maul just there.

Jimmy Gopperth has been decent for Leinster. Nothing flash, just takes the right option all the time. Reminds me of David Holwell.

I feel he's planting a bit too much when passing long lets the defence drift off him and hit hard on the receiver. Other than that has done his job.

12-8. Thought that was the wrong decision again (surprise!) but, no real complaints. Biggest shift has been in the front row, the Dragons replacement front row are doing them very nicely.

I feel he's planting a bit too much when passing long lets the defence drift off him and hit hard on the receiver. Other than that has done his job.
You're probably right. I suppose I've low enough expectations given he's coming from the English 2nd tier. If he keeps performing like this, he'll be a very capable backup 10.

Score is Scarlets 19-23 Leinster with 15 to go.

Last edited:
You're probably right. I suppose I've low enough expectations given he's coming from the English 2nd tier. If he keeps performing like this, he'll be a very capable backup 10.

I agree he'll be very solid should help a lot when we're really depleted.

The two Marys lads combining and it wasn't the winger showing the pace, lovely try.

15-8 now. Not happy with how Ulster are playing.

Scarlets players just do not like Jack...

Hudson looking good in the time he's on.

Bit of a harsh yellow on Jack O'Connell... : D

Superb second half for Leinster. 19-42 at full time, 5 tries and a bonus point. Still plenty to work on though including discipline (3 yellow cards isn't acceptable), first half defence, scrummaging and feeding into the scrum.

Latest posts