• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Argentina vs. Australia in Rosario (05/10/2013)

The guy being about 10 metres offside trying to charge the drop goal?

Actually, I remember Reunion putting the ruler over that decision with the on-screen offside lines, and they showed that Contepomi was not offside when the Scot scrumhalf picked up the ball. IIRC, the SH put his hands on the ball, looked to his left, let go of the ball and then put his hands back on the ball again as he looked right.

It was a lot like the TMO review for Savea's try on the weekend. Read looked for all the world like he was miles offside, but when they reviewed the play, it was clear that he wasn't.

Last edited:
The guy being about 10 metres offside trying to charge the drop goal?

lol you should check the game again mate, that wasn't offside. And besides, what does that have to do with anything? Like if we never were robbed before.

lol you should check the game again mate, that wasn't offside. And besides, what does that have to do with anything? Like if we never were robbed before.

Felipe Contepomi would say differently (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...ffside-as-he-charged-Scotlands-Dan-Parks.html).

Argentina were undeserving of that win, and Scotland should have won and if they had done then Phelan wouldn't have been given two extra seasons for his mediocrity to hold back the Pumas.

Felipe Contepomi would say differently (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...ffside-as-he-charged-Scotlands-Dan-Parks.html).

Argentina were undeserving of that win, and Scotland should have won and if they had done then Phelan wouldn't have been given two extra seasons for his mediocrity to hold back the Pumas.

Doesn't seem that bad for me.

wHeOTHj.jpg

Still I don't get what point are you trying to make here..

Do you remember Lions vs Argentina test match in 2005?? The Ref saved you from being defeated by a tier 2 nation in your own house. Saved from total humiliation, huh??

You see I could name thousands of cases like that, everybody gets f**ked by the ref eventually, and some teams more often than others.

Doesn't seem that bad for me.

View attachment 2482

Still I don't get what point are you trying to make here..

Do you remember Lions vs Argentina test match in 2005?? The Ref saved you from being defeated by a tier 2 nation in your own house. Saved from total humiliation, huh??

You see I could name thousands of cases like that, everybody gets f**ked by the ref eventually, and some teams more often than others.

Ha. How was that 2005 Lions match a total humiliation for me? That Lions tour was awful and I wouldn't have begrudged Argentina winning that game as they were the better team. It was more a case of Argentina's oldies and amateurs running out of gas that day than referee anyway.

The point was that Argentina have been consistently botching, choking and throwing away the winnable matches under Phelan. Scotland should have been another case of this but the Pumas got lucky for an undeserved win that kept Phelan in the job.

O'Connor is such a little **** witt! I'm glad they have dumped him. One would think the spoiled little brat will not pursue a career in OZ now as he won't be happy taking that much of a pay cut. Well done ARU for distancing themselves from him he is a waste of space.

I heard him do a 15 min interview on radio sport last year - the guy is as thick as pig **** to boot ;)

Last edited:
And that Scotland game in the RWC was an undeserved fluke based on an egregious refereeing error as well.

Not only it was not offside from Contempomi (if thats what you are referring to), but the terms "deserved" and "undeserved" are way too relative. Otherwise, Argentina should be celebrating the games we lost and drew against Australia and SA in this and the past RC (except the terrible kick in the ass that SA gave us).
That being said, I agree it was not a good game from us, and that it was really a close match, but i wouldnt call it undeserved. Also, we should have beaten England in the first game of the WC, so if you call the Scotland game as an undeserved win, the same goes for the English win.

Wallabies team confirmed, Will Genia is back:

1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (c)
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

Res:
16. Saia Faingaa
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Sitaleki Timani
20. Ben McCalman
21. Nic White
22. Matt Toomua
23. Bernard Foley

Am going to scream to hard for UAR you might hear me over the ocean...

Not only it was not offside from Contempomi (if thats what you are referring to), but the terms "deserved" and "undeserved" are way too relative. Otherwise, Argentina should be celebrating the games we lost and drew against Australia and SA in this and the past RC (except the terrible kick in the ass that SA gave us).
That being said, I agree it was not a good game from us, and that it was really a close match, but i wouldnt call it undeserved. Also, we should have beaten England in the first game of the WC, so if you call the Scotland game as an undeserved win, the same goes for the English win.

It was offside. Contepomi admits it himself. The win was a lucky one based on that and that Scotland were the better team, denied by that and 30 seconds that was completely against the run of play.

Argentina threw the England game away against a side playing poorly. That game was indicative of the Phelan regime. Argentina didn't deserve to win as they choked on their chances, Scotland did what they needed to win but got robbed by Wayne Barnes.

Wallabies team confirmed, Will Genia is back:

1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (c)
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

Res:
16. Saia Faingaa
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Sitaleki Timani
20. Ben McCalman
21. Nic White
22. Matt Toomua
23. Bernard Foley

I can't understand why Timani is a substitute on this team. He's the strongest Aussie player, he should be on the team, is what Wallabies need right now, power.

In addition, the best that The Pumas have is their package of forwards, Aussies will need a lot of force to prevent the advance of the Pumas forwards. This is the ideal game for Timani.

Cheers

Have to agree with the post above. A serious lack of physicality in that Wallabies side at the moment. Timani is exactly the sort of player they need to bring into the side in my opinion. If the Australian forwards can gain the ascendancy Genia will cause problems but I just can't see that happening.

Conditions weren't ideal last week I know, but Argentina certainly need to be more clinical from an attacking perspective. Lack of communication at times out wide and far to many stray passes, although both teams were guilty of that to some extent.

It was offside. Contepomi admits it himself. The win was a lucky one based on that and that Scotland were the better team, denied by that and 30 seconds that was completely against the run of play.

Argentina threw the England game away against a side playing poorly. That game was indicative of the Phelan regime. Argentina didn't deserve to win as they choked on their chances, Scotland did what they needed to win but got robbed by Wayne Barnes.

Im sorry PD, but Felipe never admitted anything. In that report that you are quoting he just said that it was a close call, and that he was lucky to get the call on his favor, specially when we are to use to not having the edge on close calls.
Take a look at this videa, minute 5:46, and you ll see Felipe starts running when the SH is already pickig up the ball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBdvfvu1T0

Actually, exactly the same situation happened against the Pumas the past weekend with Savea´s try.

Im sorry PD, but Felipe never admitted anything. In that report that you are quoting he just said that it was a close call, and that he was lucky to get the call on his favor, specially when we are to use to not having the edge on close calls.
Take a look at this videa, minute 5:46, and you ll see Felipe starts running when the SH is already pickig up the ball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBdvfvu1T0

Actually, exactly the same situation happened against the Pumas the past weekend with Savea´s try.

Nope, if it was in the middle of the match it would have been a penalty. Barnes bottled giving the match winning decision late on. Contepomi admitted he was offside and got lucky, Parks knew he was offside. They got lucky.

Foley can cover fullback, allowing Folau to wing and AAC to midfield.
I like Foley, hope he is given a run as an inside back.

Latest posts